Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linear Feet in a ten acre sq. plot of land

Posted by dragonroost z6&7 OK. (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 05 at 5:02

Can someone out there tell me how many feet, if walking from corner to corner, is a square ten acre plot of land? I am attempting to measure my ten acres. Since the plot is square & not dividable by 10, I can't figure it out. I've searched the web & can't seem to find the answer. HELP PLEASE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linear Feet in a ten acre sq. plot of land

43560 Square feet in an acre
43560 x 10 = 435600 sq. ft in your 10 acre plot
square root of 435600 = 660 (liner feet, one side of square.
660 x 4 = 2640 (the perimeter of your plot.)
Wayne in the Adks.

o

Wayne, Thank you soooo much! I've had people try to explain it to me before & could never grasp what they were saying. You explained it so I understand. Are you a teacher? Anyway, now I can proceed. Thanks again, LizAnne (Dragonroost)

o

LizAnne,

No, I'm not a teacher, just my architectural training, I guess.

This works only for a square plot since the sides are equal. For a rectangular plot, we would have needed to know the length of one side.

Wayne in the Adks.

o

.....which equals.....
forty three thousand five hundred and sixty plants (at least)

WOW!

o

I knew someone on the Garden Web would know the answer. You can usually find me in the Junk Forum, but I've been too busy this summer to keep up. GARDENERS RULE!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here