Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeni3004_gw

8/12 OT Chit Chat

jeni3004
15 years ago

Morning!! New day here. Beautiful cool morning out there, just the way I like it! Haven't had the air on in about 5 days. This is my favorite weather! Low 60's at night and high 70's during the day!

I just wanted to comment, and there really is no place to say it. I am a forum-aholic. I've been visiting iVillage boards since 03 when I got pregnant with Connor. Those boards were about "pregnancy" and yet we talked about EVERYTHING! So I guess off topic talking is normal to me and I think its ok. I come to these forums to meet people and have some of the greatest friends who I have spent a lot of time with IRL that I have met on forums. So to me, how can you get to really "know" people, if ALL you talk about is gardening?

So I love getting to know people and their personalities and their other hobbies, its all of part of who they are, along with their gardening!

Comments (17)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

jeni3004, I totally agree! I've been reading these forums for years, but it was only when the OT subject came up that I decided to join. I firmly believe that any forum, such as gardening, cooking, art, etc., that pertains to something one gets pleasure from, should be open and friendly...and that often leads to OT conversations. I think the more we smile the longer we live, so I want to come here and read and smile. If I ONLY want gardening information, I'll Google for it or buy the book!

I'm a bit thin skinned, and if someone jumped all over me for something I'd posted in good faith, whether it be on or off topic, I'd probably just leave. So y'all better be NICE to me!! LOL

Annie's Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yep i agree!! i can't wait til we get to turn off the air and the humidity get turned down!! LOL then i'll be just a "happy camper"" LOL actually i don't mind it that much, if the fan's are placed just right, but hubs can't sleep, and he has the night job. sigh
    today we finished the lessons by 10:30 much better than yesterday. she learned about continents. WOW in kind. ahhhhh!!! LOL i didn't do that till what?? 4th grade? its been so many years ago!! LOL i'm so proud of her! fishymama turned me onto this k12 and man i'm sooooo happy about this!!
    i like the title of this one much better!! :') ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i am nice, just "some" people just have to go that extra mile to tick ya off or somethin, she didnt say anything til mg did then WHAM!!! all of a sudden we're bad, then she jsut went overboard. so i just had to push back for us talkers. i'm a protective person like that. LOL but i promise to be nice to all my friends :') Hee Hee Hee yes, i'm a forum junkie too!! LOL

• carolynp
    15 years ago

ROFL medontdo, 10am here, and we haven't STARTED yet, lol. My little guy knew his continents before the end of kindergarten. He also had all 50 states last year, yikes!! I couldn't name all 50 for a zillion dollars. Just getting the other one started on reading and writing, sigh.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I am glad to see more posts that are expressing their opinion. I'm grateful that I'm not alone. If anyone missed my 'opinion' post, it is on the last thread that was started OT recently.

Jeni - Well said, girl! I've been on numerous forums over the last 13 years and none of them seemed like this one that has been so strictly on topic most all of the time. I never thought the conversation has been too badly off topic as most all of it IS about gardening, anyways. If you can't say a sentence or two off topic, then it's not really a forum.

Annie's Granny - It's very nice to see you join along here. I do love your timing. That makes the exact point I was trying to in my post. I want everyone to feel welcome. I think many people could be run off if they are attacked for writing in a post. I'm glad that EG & I are still here. Now I'm smiling and welcoming you here! I'm glad to see you throw yourself in and getting so active!

Medo - Yes, it does seem kids are learning things much sooner than we did when we were kiddos. I'm presuming that you're homeschooling based on your post. That is too cool. Perhaps I'll get bold enough to try that, too. Right now, it's just a big enough step for me to decide to stay home with them rather than work full-time, you know?

~Angela

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Where's EG? I wanna look at his melons. I really think that he should change his handle to "hubba-hubba".

15 years ago

LOL! That's a good one, Holly. I want to see them big hunkers, too! hee hee

~Angela

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I just want to see EG. He's my garden guru!

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL i know i havent seen him around, i did email him, he said he's around, but nope, i don't see him, that ol red necks hiding in that corner, taking notes!! probably tryna make this a better place!! LOL then come out and tell us how to do that!! LOL but ya know, its just a little dull here without him!! LOL just a little, **big grinn** he's just an onery one!! i just love that!! **big smile**
    ya homeschooling was a huge step for me, especially with how tabor gets on my last nerve!! LOL and talla mirrors me, LOL so she squashes my last nerve and grinds it into the ground and all, but now when i feel that, i just calmly hug her and say something nice, that's very hard!! LOL tabor is adhd, his is concentration, so we had him on the different meds, and they just werent working, so finally i said no more!! and when we took her out, it was only fair to take him out, her's was because they wouldn't do anything for a boy biting and picking on her, she was terrified to go back, so we said to h** with it. and tabors was to take him off all the meds. so now it works great!! i give them sleepy time tea, and it calms them down to concentrate. works perfectly!! man i'm good!! LOL **huge smile** going to go get pic of my garden that is growing in now!! LOL ~Medo

15 years ago

Awesome decision, Medo. I have four kids, so we'll see if I think I can stay sane with homeschooling. LOL

As for EG... I sure hope he is back soon. I, too, miss him dearly. I hope this whole ordeal didn't get to him too badly. We all need our friend and guru, like Granny said.

~Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

ROFL Angela, more kids than hands: don't know if I could do it. I miss eg, too.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

do ya'll know hazelnutbunny?? she has 5 kids, she just started homeschooling hers this year!! i had been talking about it, and i think between fishymama and i we kinda talked her into it! its amazing how much free time you have, and especially if you have readers!! if you get k12, its free in all states except ks. and they give you a laptop to use. so that was a huge help for us!! LOL and they give you the work to do, and everything is there, all the kids have to do is just follow along and do the work, its just amazing, its scary at first, i won't lie!! **wiping brow at the memory** LOL well i wanted to take a pic, but it still hasn't bloomed, i wonder if its an angel trumpet?? its a long looking one!! LOL so "maybe" tomarrow it will be ready!! this baby is taking a LONG time to bloom!! i can't wait!!!!!! ~Medo

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago

Hi everyone.

Medo - on your other "chit chatters" post I offered you some brug cuttings. Go check it out.

I am guessing that EG doesn't have the patience for the nonsense that has been going and is probably just chillin'. I was feeling the same way. My mom always taught me "If you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing.".

• medontdo
    15 years ago

my mom too, and i teach my little ones the same, funny, i can't follow my own rules!! LOL ohhh and i was gonna respond and say yes!! i'll have some datura seeds and clippings if ya want!! i'll gladly trade ya!! :') my nite blooming jasmine just had seeds!! YAY!!!! i'm so happy!!!! and the one flower i think is an angel trumpet?? i know it hasn't bloomed, but ohhhhh my the fragrance is soooo awesome!! i want many of them near the house next year!! that's for sure!!! LOL ~Medo

15 years ago

Are you serious? The homeschool curriculum is FREE? I must have missed something here. It's hard to believe that K12 or whatever that is, is free!?!

~Angela

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago

Okie-dokie - in October or so we can trade brugs for dats.

Side note: You homeschoolers are brave - hats off! I look at every teacher in awe!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yes, its free, you have to charter under a school that does it, and they keep track of the hours for you, you just sign in, with the attendance. i'm so amazed.

awesome msyoohoo!! my something bloomed this morning, i can't upload it yet, i just had to poke in and see if anyone said GOOD MORNING yet?? :') we are fixing to start a little late, errrrr!!!! had to water everything first, my plants were a little dry, and ya know, this ks weather, i swear, its so humid, i don't know why everything needs watered so much!! it should just stay watered!! LOL Later!! ~Medo

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH