Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holy Mole Peppers

Posted by keski 5-6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 15:26

Holy Mole

I just harvested a couple Holy Mole peppers and slit them open, cleaned out the center, put in a strip of queso fresco and placed them on a piece of foil with some canola oil and grilled for about 15 min. OMG! Anyone else grow Holy Mole?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holy Mole Peppers

Grew 1 plant this year. It produced pepper early (good) in moderate quantities (eh). It did seem very susceptible to blossom end rot. In fact, it was my only pepper plant to have BER (it affected multiple peppers and none of other varieties in the same Earthtainer).

I will likley grow another one next year, but continue to restrict it to a single plant until I know more about how it behaves.

o
RE: Holy Mole Peppers

I've never grown them, but that sounds delicious! I am a huuuuge queso fresco fan.

Lately, with my jalapenos, I've been halving and seeding them, then stuffing with neufchatel cheese (a.k.a. Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese), and wrapping them with a piece of bacon. They get tossed into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, and they've made jalapenos my most favorite thing to harvest out of my garden.

Your holy mole's are a lot bigger, and the flavor may be different, and you may need more bacon (not a bad thing...), but I imagine anything stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon would be heavenly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here