Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

OT: Just for US Chit Chatters :'}}

medontdo
15 years ago

ok you are all welcome, no subject is off limits, :') SFG and anything else!! so bring it on :') and EVERYONE is welcome NO MATTER who you are!! :')

Comments (32)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok now its open!! LOL i'm the weird one!! LOL (shhhhh don't tell anyone, but i don't mind being the weird one!! LOL)
    i have 3 rugrats including my hubs, i love to garden and day befor yesterday i mowed my horse manuer so it'd be all fine, and wow is it!! today its raining!! so tomarrow its gonna be nice out so i will plant some stuff in there, yesterday we were busy so i couldn't :'( that's ok, so what is everyone else up to?? ~Medo 1 bed down 1 more to go!! baby steps!! ohhh and 2 boats to go!! LOL

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hey.....are you still talking crazy? Wow, this is a big room....there's nothing in it.heh I took alot of pictures today...and i'm not sharing!!!!!lol Took some of a black widow spider, and of course - stuff in the garden. I picked 6 nice better boy tomatoes, they're really good on samiches!

EG

• jeni3004
    15 years ago

Are you suuuuuuure we won't get in trouble here? ;)

Today was my sons 4th bday party. It was a great success! DH and the babies are all asleep and momma is enjoying some peace and quiet!!!!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i've been picken those big ol maters!! and i finally did taste some without the bread, they taste like regular maters!! LOL i'm still waiting to see what your house looks like!! man i cannot believe some people!! but that's ok, i like my plan!! LOL ROFL for maureen!! WOW she has some serious spunk!!! LOL
    i was seriously laughing my buns off!! LOL i couldn't believe that. ummmmm......dude, i ALWAYS talk crazy!! LOL :') don't ya know that???? LOL hmmmmm how long is it gonna take us to get more nuts in here??? LOL ~Medo

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey i call dibbs on your room, i've got the quiet corner!!!! LOL
    4 yrs old!! wow!! that's so little!! "ummm only 2 yrs younger than talla> but it seems like centuries ago!! LOL
    do they still have peace and quiet?? i thought they quit making that?? hey where do they sell that?? i need to go buy some!! ~Medo

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Hehe, I just can't help myself. I read all the posts, even the ones about squash and okra that have NOTHING to do with me. Kinda the way I write my blog.

I'll be reading this one for a long, long time. hehe

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hey jeni, and sinfonian. I'm gonna give my email address, and both of you, and all of my other friends are welcome to send me one any time. My friends know who they are. It's jeffvandiver@att.net. Oh yeah.....I have a "special" reply message for those that are not welcome.hee hee. By the way, Medo.....where's the light switch?

• crystabel
    15 years ago

Well yesterday we expanded the rabbits cage so he now has two levels to play on. The good little guy is still pooping out manure for the garden like crazy LOL. Some of it goes straight to the garden and some of it goes to the worm bin.

Now I'm planning on painting the wall in the den next to ds's computer to look like the Clone Wars Volume 1 box. I've already done a table for him -here's a pic.

I do alot of painting - usually on a whim LOL.
    Here's my son's toy room - and yes, that is PAINTED, not wood paneling:

I'll put a link at the bottom for more pics of my obsessive painting habits LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: My painted house.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

crystabel...omg, that is so cool! You paint everything.lol

EG

• ahelaumakani
    15 years ago

That table is really cool. Looks like something my dbf (that's dear boyfriend) would like! Our computer room has taken on a Darth Vader theme.

• istheremeaning
    15 years ago

Ok I know I haven't really been in on any of the chit-chatting but I am going to hang out in here with the other SF Gardeners if that is ok. And maybe I might join in from time to time.
    Hope you don't mind if I look in.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

join in!! and yes there is meaning!! LOL
    ummmm light swithch?? nope, no light switch! LOL MEANIE!!! LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

by the way, that room looks totally cool!! and my email is
    medontdo@gmail.com i like to keep it simple, i may forget something along the way!! LOL feel free to email me anytime!! **big grinn** light switch got mixed up with off switch!! OOOPS!!! LOL **big grinn** hmmmm........ya know, it was a male asking where the switch was?? what can i say?? LOL
    once in a while i DO get on a roll, LOL
    do ya know todya i went and shared my tomato's with my neighbors (from the church) it was nice, but they were nice about it,, and said that i do have one of the nicest tomato's, i did give them a bunch of different kinds. LOL
    and one of the tom/pot kind. so i'm anxious to hear what they think of the taste! LOL
    now out of curiousity, can i plant my tomato plants and such in pure horse poo? well, it does have some paper and grass clippings and a little dirt. but i'll say 80% hp opinions please :') and how much am i gonna have to keep this watered? ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Meanie? Oh yeah.....the quickrete thing. By the way, I just checked my inventory of quickrete in the shed, and i've got enough to do about 3 water meters! Woo Hoo! Anybody from the Rocky Mountain Gardening forum want some? hee hee Wait a minute....forgot to make this an official thread about sfg. Oh well, i'll just change the subject of posting title. There! Now, I feel right at home, even if it's still dark in here. Hey, i'm gonna send you a photo of my son, and step-son. It'll let you know what to look forward to..hee hee I can't take them anywhere....sigh

Istheremeaning - you are welcome here anytime. Just don't bring anyone with ya. Especially from you-know-where!

EG

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:430211}}
    {{gwi:1283538}}
    {{gwi:1283539}}
    this is the HUGE a** bush that its all growing on, i had to use the panty hose to hold them up.
    {{gwi:1283540}}
    crazy big aren't they!! i know my hands arent that big, but still!! LOL
    does anyone know what this is?
    {{gwi:430209}}
    ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Those are some big maters! and yes...those were my boys. sigh....(facepalms) That's a pretty big mater plant. I'm getting about 4 a day from my plants. We've been throwing down on 'em. Today was grass cutting day, and of course- Jackyl was on the menu. Ah, yes.....it makes the task so enjoyable. I don't know what that weed is. Looks like it's itching for some roundup, though.

EG

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

its got a pretty blue flower and someone sent it to me as a ylang ylang tree, hmmmm.....for some reason, it aint one!! i have 6 of these babies!! and they wer'e gonna go in my gh, but i'm seeing NO resemblance of the YY!! ahhh them are some onery looking boys!! **big smile** better you than me!! LOL Hee HEe yep if it don't rain tomarrow i get to mow some more poo!! and fill the rest of that bed!! i'm sooooo anxious!! and some worms!! LOL then i'll have tabor measure it off and put some grids on it. he'll have fun with that!
    he likes to take the radio out so i'll let him do that.
    yesterday we brought in 10, but i have 10 plants altogether. and 8 that produce really well!! i don't know whats up with the other two. i guess not enough epsom salt, or maybe i forgot to put it on them or the tums!! Knowing me i forgot to put it on them!!! **big grinn** LOL ~Medo

• jeni3004
    15 years ago

So today I did some planting in the garden!!! It was nice and rather relaxing...despite my damn dog feeling the need to attack the hose at all times and eat the dirt. He's lucky he's so cute.

Some wonderful fellow SFG'er ;) sent me some seeds and I am praying I'm not too late and get some peas/beans/corn before the frost comes! The corn is a 60 day so I'm going to be cutting it close. But I just had to try LOL.

Peas and beans shouldn't be a problem. I also planted a bunch more dill and broccoli.

My baby lettuce are doing well. I have 40+ out there :) My 2yo was helping me water today "Ohhhhh baby!!!" and then he'd water it LOL.

What else. I have cucs coming like crazy! I've eaten 3 jars of my pickles already *blushes* Must make more and get them to great gramma! LOL. Too bad she lives 4 hours away!

Should be able to make another 2 jars up tomorrow. Puts me at I think 10 so far. Doesn't sound like a lot, but eh, I'm new and its all still exciting to me LOL.

I picked my first 3 big tomatoes today. Been eating my sweet baby girls for a few weeks but these were my first BIG tomatoes! Now what to do with them...mmmmm yum!

What else?

Hmmmmmmm. Something off the gardening topic. LOL. Oh I paid my lil brothers bills today. LOL. Exciting life that I live. He was in Tennessee for work for a few months and got abit behind *shakes finger* so he brought me a checkbook full of signed checks and his bills and trusted me to save him LOL. (He's 21 btw.)

I also went grocery shopping (talk about DEPRESSING!) 4 plastic bags cost me $93!!!!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Oh, goody! I think I picked the right day to join...can I play with you guys? I love to ramble and go off topic at times, and I've been enjoying your posts for quite a while. I'm in zone 6/6b/7a-ish. Had a windstorm on July 1 that dropped a big maple tree on my piddly little garden, so rebuilt and replanted just a month ago. You're all welcome to check out the whole saga on my blog (and you'll probably see some links to a blogger or two from here!)

Annie's Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Wow, I get busy for a weekend and this thread goes haywire. Now I'm going off topic to get out a great job-well-done to Crystabel! It reminded me of what my talented mother-in-law did for my boys' room.

The first pic is the boarder template for the artwork. The next is the full height closet doors she painted in the same motif. She also did a blackout shade the same way.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW you guys' have been busy!! we are on lunch break!! so i thought i'd check in!! LOL and a new person!! WOW!!! WELCOME!!! we LOVE to talk about everything!! what do i do that i don't even know about???? (krins post) all my smarts went out with teaching talla and tabor this morning!! LOL she's in k and learning about continents already!! WOW!!! my tea cup has over flowed!! LOL hopefully today i get to see what one of my either datura's or brugs color is!! i think its a brugs!! LOL and that border looks gorgeous!!
    good job jeni!! that's so cool!! ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

LOL, I was gone for the weekend and the forum was invaded by serious people. Who let them in?
    EG: I still want to see pics of your garden and see your progress. I'm blown away by your ingenuity. As long as we post here, hopefully we won't draw much fire.
    Cristabel: HOLY COW! Are you talented!! Man, I wish I lived closer and was rich, lol.
    Everyone: I love to hear the off topic stuff. I love to hear about how your kids are doing and your pets and your new projects. I think the point to the ease of sfg for me was to free up time from the garden to live life. I still have serious sfg questions, but I'll keep looking here for more life info, too.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok, remember i told ya about the squash bugs, if ya squash them and leave them then the smell will ward off the others? i think it might be true! the others are gone!! WEEEEEE i am so happy!! i am turning the lights on, but turning into my flower so i can be on my wall!! LOL i perfer it there much better!! LOL now i have a katydid in the house and can not find it!! it ate one of the maters!! i like that word! much better than tomato!! and i like to instigate sometimes to!! sorry, that's my downfall. and i know its a nasty habit, but i have to be nice to hubs, dang it, he isnt' working both jobs so he'll be home more often, which i like but, that means he can be very mean to my garden if he wants, he still hasn't asked me to cut his hair!! LOL hmmmmm wonder why?? he only mowed down my asparagus. it probably killed it!! he knows ill leave him a strip or something mean in his hair!! LOL i've done that befor. that's when he worked for security at the mall. i was really wrong then, befor i got on the nice pill!! LOL **thinking to the really onery days!!!** **big grinn** i think i still have 1 more week to go till i have to get everything into the ground for fall.
    man i was really hoping that their school books would come in today!! that would have been so great!! ~Medo **big smile**

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago

Hi Anniesgranny - nice to meet you.

Sinfonian - your MIL is very talented.

Medo - I had no idea you were into brugs! I have 10+ and I am addicted! A few were over-wintered in basement last winter and they are huge! Most are just starting to put out buds but one is loaded - more than 25 and counting! My deck is going to be a jungle soon. I don't have any daturas yet but they are next on the list.

• ccaggiano
    15 years ago

I'm joining the fun group too!!! I do think that maybe each morning we should start a new thread with the date because this one is getting quite long already!!!

I made bread and butter pickles for the first time today. My mom hinting to me that her grandmother used to make them when she was little and they were so good blah blah blah. I made four quarts. She got one and I kept the rest. And I ate an entire quart by myself. They are so addicting!!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Keepin' it off topic, I'd like you all to meet my boy dog, Otter. Here he is watching the Seahawks with "Grandpa" (my Mr. Husband).

And here is my girl dog, Annie Bloom, prewashing the dishes for me! No, it's not something that is usually allowed, but I was happy the camera was at hand when it happened ;-)

But here is what they both do best...caught at nap time:

Annie's Granny

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i love them!! and welcome!! :')
    i have tatula datura, and i think lavendar datura, inoxia datura, so far, i should have blackberry swirl datura, when they get seeds/flowers i'll show pics, and if ya want any seeds i'll gladly give ya some!! if ya want, i'd love to have some of your brugs seeds. :') i have to learn how to grow them indoors, i have a gh that we're getting up now, i have to get a treated 10' 10x2 for the front of it, so it's level. when my brother started putting it together, he didn't make sure it was level. but i'm happy that it's started to put together!! LOL ~Medo

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i want some of them!!! they are soooo cute!! i just want to hug them and kiss them and hug them some more and rub their belly's!! and scratch their backs!!! **big grinn** but alas!! we can't have any dogs yet!! **big sigh** and especially no cats!! talla and well all of us are allergic to cats!! she is the most allergic, we had to take her in for testing, but i was so scared of the barbaric testing i've heard of, so i had to make sure of how it was done, it turns out its not so barbaric afterall. i just gave her a big hug, and by the time the hug was over the roller was over. she didn't even cry. she's also allergic to dogs but not as bad as cats. funny, i'm only allergic to siamese cats. something in them that i'm allergic to. weird. ~Medo

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago

Awwww - cute puppies. Are they dachshunds? I've had 2 but never saw one with a white patch so that's why I'm asking. Stubborn little buggers - deaf as a doorknob when they so choose.

Welcome ccaggiano!

Medo - in the fall, I can send you some cuttings and you can send me some seeds, deal? Last year I cut them all down and let them go dormant in an unheated room in my basement. Gave them a sip of water every few weeks to keep them alive. They are too darn big to bring in and allowed to grow! Right now I have one that is about 7' tall and the canopy is about 6' across! Just carting the dormant ones (without all the foliage) out of the basement in their huge pots was a chore.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

The dogs are adorable. I also vote for a new thread daily.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

msyoohoo: Yes they are doxies, brother and sister, born Jan 16th of this year. We bought them in April. stubborn? That's an understatement ;-) But FUN, FUN, FUN! And FUNNY! I'd forgotten how much fun puppies could be, they make us laugh a lot....and that's a good thing.

We also have a 6-1/2 year old pet rabbit, so the trio can be quite trying at times. We had to resort to a baby gate to keep the bunny confined to one side of the house. But under strict supervision they all get to play together.

Annie's Granny

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I didn't see a new thread yet, so I will just go ahead and add to this one instead. Boy, was I surprised to see all the recently 'activity' at this forum lately. I don't guess that much of it has been about SFG, though, huh?

Wow... I just have to say that I read everything here on my vacation today, being it was a down day for us and all. I am very new here as you all know and immediately jumped in to contribute anything that I could. The reason that I did is because you guys really have made me feel welcome. I posted and got responses. I commented to others' threads and saw feedback. No, it wasn't, every single word, all about gardening, but most all of it was.

I've learned a lot from you guys and gals and was able to enjoy the experience because of a little 'chit chat' that made it even more fun than it already was.

I do understand that not everyone feels the same way, therefore I am very grateful that we've chosen to do a separate thread.... BUT, if someone says something off topic slightly in another thread, they shouldn't have to feel like they're being come down upon. I am new here and could easily have gotten offended as that whole conversation was off topic regarding my vacation to California. If I had been run off, there would be one less person willing to share and contribute to gardening on this thread and others here at GW.

Everyone had some great points to make that I read all about. They all were valid points. My point is that it seems everyone is right about their points, but what good is all that if it runs off newbie gardeners? I want this dying art to spread again like wildfire. I want every newbie that comes here to feel as welcome as I first did so they will get the help they seek, friendship, etc., and continue with gardening and teach others to do the same.

Maybe I'm crazy, but at minimum I think we should just simply overlook some things that aren't exactly how we would have it, so that everyone feels it's a place for them. We will never all agree. A little off topic now and again should be okay, as long as we all mainly stick to the topics presented. A big tilt in any one direction would be too biased for those that feel differently to feel comfortable.

I hope this doesn't sound like rambling as I have it in my head just right and up there it makes a lot of sense. LOL

~Angela

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz