Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vdocious

Trellis

Vdocious
12 years ago

After reading the postings regarding constructing a trellis from conduit, I wasn't satisfied with the information on the forum. I searched several sites for "conduit connectors" and also came up with nothing! This is too easy to fail. I got the results by searching for "Canopy Parts" since I was told at the Depot that folks sell this stuff at the local flea markets for constructing booths etc. The search yielded the exact type of fittings I needed to construct my grape arbor. You can buy fittings for different sizes of conduit, depending on your needs. I chose the fittings for 1" EMT. They are NOT threaded connectors. They have fastening screws and or slide through types. Yes, these are pricey but they really are easy to install and hold up very well. They simplify the job tremendously. I will be able to replace the current "bended pipe" arch construction which is failing due to weight, with the new rectangular EMT with fasteners before dismantling the old one. I think this is a case of knowing exactly what term to search for to get the best results. You may be able to find something cheaper if you shop around, especially the shipping charges.

ysbw.com is one place to look, but don't stop there.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths