Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found a garden friend this evening...

Posted by penserosa z6 NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 20:56

Maybe this guy will help control my ants or aphids or stink bugs or....? He is exactly the same color as the foliage!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found a garden friend this evening...

What a gorgeous creature! I'm just learning what bugs to admire, squish, or run away from. Right now I pretty much run away from most but I realize that doesn't really make for peaceful gardening. :)

Your corn is beautiful, too. (That is corn, right? Told ya I'm new-ish to this.)

o

wow a praying mantis, right?? they are soooooo georgeaous!! i had one in my house all winter, it loved my palm tree, it was a baby palm tree, it never moved so i thought it was dead, i went to touch it, and it moved, ohhhhhhhmy!!! i almost pee'd my pants!! soooo literally!! LOL so come spring he went out!! LOL ~Medo

o

Man....that is probably the best insect you could have in your garden, I wish I had like....fifty-eleven of them!

EG

o

Ugh, I hate praying mantis'. They creep me out! But because they are good for gardens I wouldn't mind some in mine lol.

o

Now if only they were big enough to control my raccoon problem. One barreled through my corn patch the other day. Couldn't save most of the stalks he toppled.

Beautiful creature you've got there!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here