{{gwi:1284186}}

Bagged Corn (ready for freezer!)

{{gwi:1284187}}

Pickles:Bread & Butter, Dill (Hot), Salsa, & Habernero's

{{gwi:1284188}}

Comments (14)

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago

Wow! How cool! I am not in your zone - one away and anxiously waiting!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Oh goody! We got another pickle thread....where's the stove? Good job, krintis.

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

awesome! nice canning too!! nice counters!!
    tabor just found some "pickles" i had to tease him a bit!! LOL then he realized that pickles come from cucumbers. LOL
    i know, no stove in the pic!!! LOL **big grinn** ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

That is so cool. I am so jealous! Remember that commercial from Mervyns where the woman stands outside and says "open, open, open..." That's how I feel about my garden right now, "ripen, ripen, ripen..."

Carolyn P.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

VERY nice harvest... I'm jealous, too... :-(

I wouldn't be if I had learned how fun gardening could be sooner. I'm so excited that I am really dreading leaving my plants for a family vacation in CA. I hardly think about anything else but gardening. I think I really have a problem.... LOL

~Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hey Angela - where are you and your family visiting in California?

EG

• laura729
    15 years ago

OMG I would LOVE to learn to can and pickle! I'm sure I'll pick it up along the way. Still learning about gardening. All in good time. BEAUTIFUL harvest, krintis!

Angelady - I feel ya. I'm just getting into gardening at a...er...ripe? (pun intended!) age! And I too am obsessed! When I went on vacation I told my lone bell pepper to wait for me! :)

15 years ago

EG - We have family around the LA area, so that's where we're heading. We get to experience Disneyland with our 4 kiddos, too, so I guess we'll be reliving our childhood during this vacation! :-) (We're going to be gone for 2 weeks, so I am sure going to miss my plants!)

Laura - LOL! Are you talking to your plants like pets now, too? I can hardly believe how attached I am getting! I would also love to learn to can and pickle. I'm glad I'm trying to pick all these things up so I can pass them on to my kiddos. My parents do not have the knowledge to give me, and I certainly do not want this to be something that future generations lose. I wish I had read Mel's first book and been taught stuff from my mom. I will make sure this is passed on in our family and hopefully never forgotten.

~Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Angela - oh, ok...i've been there before, over to Brea, and Anaheim as well.....Disneyland was pretty cool.....but if ya wanna ride some big rollercoasters, go to Knott's Berry Farms. Woo Hoo! Me and my family went to California's Great America theme park - in Santa Clara back in April....It was pretty cool, also. Got lotsa pictures!!!!!LOL

EG

15 years ago

That does sound wonderful, EG! I do want to do Knott's Berry Farm, but my oldest child just barely turned ten. The others are 8, 5, and 3. I don't think they're quite old enough for the big roller coasters and all. We're still measuring them to see what rides they're allowed on! LOL

As for Great America, I've never heard of that. I will check into that one, too, when they're older. For anyone going to the San Diego area with younger children, (although I loved it, too, as an adult), go check out LegoLand. That place was pretty cool and loads of fun.

~Angela

• fishymamas
    15 years ago

Knotts has a snoopy-themed area for lil guys and a waterpark now. Legoland added an aquarium, a pirate water area and now and indiana jones "adventure land" are.
    Great America used to be called Marriot's before Paramount bought the park back in 1993. When they're a bit older, magic moutain has the larger coasters.

Guess who has alotta family up and down the state.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Sounds like you've been all over your state, fishymamas. :)

15 years ago

fishymamas, LOL! Thanks so much for the extra info. That sure makes me want to go to both Knott's and Legoland, too.

Well, we're officially off on our trip right now. I'm going to throw a couple more things in the suitcase and icechest and we're out of here.

I took all my newly planted seeds and the baby plants that are already coming up in many of the pots to my mom's house. She's going to 'sit' them for me. It took me 4 days to get everything ready for her. Hopefully they will do well at her house even though it's more direct sun there.

~Angela

• moabgail
    15 years ago

EG wrote:
    "Hey Angela - where are you and your family visiting in California?"

I want to respectfully ask some of the chattier members of this forum restrain themselves a bit and stick to the topic of each thread.

If you wish to chit-chat please contact the other member(s) personally and stop posting the off-topic visiting. It is of no interest and there is no information pertaining to SQG contained in it.

Thank you,

Gail

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm