Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From my garden today 8/12/2008

Posted by anniesgranny 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 08 at 23:14

I'm getting about this much from my original garden every other day (zucchini daily). The green beans are slowing down, but the cherry tomatoes are coming on strong. This is from a garden of less than 100 square feet...about 24 feet long by 3 feet wide, plus a pot of cucumbers.

2008-08-12 produce picked

Nine "Celebrity" tomatoes, 3 zucchini, 3 crookneck, 2 cucumbers, 54 cherry tomatoes, a large handfull of bush beans, sprigs of parsley and purple basil.
Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From my garden today 8/12/2008

wow that is pretty awesome!! now hubs mowed my other stuff down, but we get about 5 of my tomatoes a day! i can't wait till our squash and zuch's and melons start coming in!! wooo hooo!! i LOVE the purple!! way too cool!! ~medo

o

Wonderful harvest, Granny! Thanks for the details on how big your garden is, etc., because that helps me know what we will need. That is a lot to pull every other day. How many tomato plants do you have and zucchini?

~Angela

o

angelady, I have three Celebrity tomato plants, one hill (2 plants) of zucchini and 1 hill (2 plants) of crookneck squash. Each tomato plant is using a 2'x2' square, and the squashes are overrunning a 3'x8' section. Next year they are going to be planted in hills of compost away from the main garden boxes, they are just so huge. The cherry tomatoes come from three plants that are elswhere in the yard, mixed in with flowers, etc. The cukes have done well in big flower pots (they are a bush variety).

My last garden had "Pixie" tomatoes, a dozen plants in a 3'x8' bed, and I was very happy with them. (Photo taken the middle of May a few years ago).

Photobucket

Granny

o

that is SOOO awesome. Looks like gazpacho and tomato salad with pesto to me...

o

Actually it's pot roast with tomatoes, onion, green pepper (I also picked a couple of those yesterday, but already had them chopped up and in the fridge), basil, garlic (from my neighbor), parsley, salt & pepper all in the crockpot for the day. I'll mix the resulting sauce with some whole wheat rotini and top it with sliced pot roast. I have no idea how it will turn out, LOL!

o

You've got it going on, Granny! Good pics...

EG

o

I am becoming a total convert to the wonderful world of veggies seeing all of the harvests!!! So gorgeous! Thanks for the pics, Granny! Keep rocking it!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here