Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shunter808_gw

I'm also a fan!

shunter808
15 years ago

I agree with Ribbit that you guys are inspirational! I am a total newbie to gardening. I actually picked up the book on SFG a couple of years ago and built a box, but didn't do anything with it until recently (I've been busy making babies :) My mother-in-law was staying with us this spring and planted a few things in that box and here and there around the yard. We had so much fun with it that I am hooked now! Luckily, I found this forum and have been learning a lot from this and some of your blogs. I've just been so impressed with how knowledgeable you all are and what you've been able to create in your own backyards! Ok, so this is nothing compared to what you guys have (EG, Granny... wow!) but it's a start. I'll try to post a couple of photos here.

The first photo is looking from west to east. I have planted two kinds of lettuce (4 squares), spinach (2 squares) bell peppers (3 squares), chili peppers (4 squares), and broccoli (3 squares).

From Fall 2008 Garden - 9/6/08

Comments (9)

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

shunter - welcome to our group! We are only successful because we share ideas, knowledge, and past experiences. Also, we each have a few failures from time to time, but put our heads together - and work through the problems. There are alot of great people on here, that will be glad to help you with anything. Congratulations on getting your fall crop started. I have many of the same veggies in mine! Again...welcome!

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

shunter and ribbit, get thee over to the off topic group!

shunter, I will comment on your post when I get over being sick :-(

I hope that's real soon.

Granny

• crystabel
    15 years ago

Your boxes look great! I bet you can't wait to harvest :) .

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

shunter, you have done a wonderful job. You're a true sfg-er! Me? I just go out and plant whatever, wherever and hope it grows LOL.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Granny's Blog

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Great to hear you took the plunge! It's addicting isn't it!

Your beds look textbook, which is a good thing. And hardy looking plants there! Keep up the good work and let us know how EG, er I mean WE can help. Hehe

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

• shunter808
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will surely be asking you all for help as I go along. I can think of a bunch of questions already, but don't have time to write it all now... nor do I want to overimpose on your generosity (in sharing your knowledge).

I'm glad to be a part of such a great forum! What fun!

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

WOOHOO!!!! It will be great to go through this first time planting together.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Well, I know this group loves helping, so don't worry about asking too much! Those are some wonderful pics! Great selection of crops for your first SFG and congrats on making them babies!

~Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Welcome! Looks great to me!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting