Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laura729

OT 9/1/08: Guess who's been married a really long time???

laura729
15 years ago

ANNIE'S GRANNY, who's been married for longer than I've been in this world!

So congratulations, ANNIE'S GRANNY and Mr. H., for 46 years of marriage!

I am in awe of you. You show us how it's done both in gardening and in life!

Comments (63)

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Granny - separate rooms?! So THAT'S the secret! And all this time I've been keeping separate houses...

Angela - Nice to meet you! As far as the seed exchange goes, there's a FAQ at the top of the Seed Exchange forum that will give you some guidelines. I've only swapped twice, but I certainly wouldn't expect to receive 2-3 dozen seeds of anything.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Angela - I don't save any seed, I just buy more. Sorry....I may have to get into that seed saving thing though....

Granny - i'm glad I have contributed to a small amount of those 46 years. Woo Hoo!

Holly - welcome back! We missed you. I took a nice cantaloupe picture the other day, you'd really appreciate it!

EG

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Hey EG, I saw you showing off those fuzzy little things! Hahahahaha!

I promise, I only looked with one eye - but I threw my back out by bending over to get a better look.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Holly, I love a good laugh with my morning coffee! Thanks.

Actually, I love all of you guys, so glad I found you! I'm going to miss you when the garden season winds down.

Unless......

Guess what Mr. H said yesterday? You'd never guess in a hundred years ;-)

Mr. H said "Do you think you could grow those bunny greens in Arizona?" Of course, I informed him we MIGHT try building a small sfg on the south side of our carport, where it gets a lot of winter sunshine, but that we'd have to figure out some type of rabbit protection. We'll see how it pans out.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

(face/palms) Oh god....how'd I get into this mess? lol

Holly, ahem....There is another picture that i'm referring to, thank you very much...It's one that hasn't been on here.lol

Granny - you should definitely grow something in AZ. Ever tried planting any wildwood flower? hee hee. That might make Mr. H have a whole different outlook on this gardening thing! I'm sure he loves brownies. :) I know you'll do the right thing.....Can't help you on the spacing!

EG

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Holly - Thanks for the info on the FAQ and what you would expect in a trade. Now, I'm fretting over postage, but I called the 800 number, and they said it was just 83 cents. I hope so as I got out 3 envelopes today with that amount of postage and would freak out if it caused 'postage due' at the other end.

EG - Yes, my friend, yes! You're gonna HAVE to get into seed saving. You'll be able to trade for some really cool varieties of things that you probably don't have on the seed rack at Wal-Mart. I am so excited over some of the more uncommon varieties that I'm going to be getting. When I get richer, I'll join seed savers exchange and buy up some really cool stuff then. It would be cool to start a co-op of people to buy seeds there and split them up between say ten members or something. If I knew how to get participation for that, I'd be doing that right away.... Okay, I'm getting REALLY addicted to gardening for someone with just a small plot of backyard to use. :-D

Granny - Oooooooh! That would be so cool. I hope you get that SFG in AZ as well. You must go through some extreme DT's when you're away from gardening for so long. LOL

~Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Grats granny! This marriage stuff ain't always easy. Also, I'm super glad the bottle worked! I'm excited to try it now.
    Hey Angela, there are some rules they put at the beginning of the thread, but they aren't where they're supposed to be in the FAQ's. I've only traded twice so far, but I've had (literally)tons of folks offer to send me stuff. I had the same questions you have, but I notice folks who post there often tell exactly what they want and such. IE: one lady posted with alot of seeds and said anyone who wanted them would get 10 seeds each. Does that make sense? I think 10 is a nice number for tomatoes and such. Maybe thirty for lettuces b/c they're so tiny.
    I'm sitting on twenty or thirty varieties to try next year, so I think I need to slow down first, lol. I'm not trying to collect seeds, but sometimes it just happens. Nastutiums grow like wildfire here and drop a million or so seeds each. If I don't pick them up, I'll have a box of just them next year. Might as well give em away.
    I'm looking for spots to put more boxes in now. I'm trying to talk the hubby into finishing the deck, so I can get some planters on that, also, we'll see. Garlic is just coming in locally, so I'll be crazy busy for a bit.
    I love to touch base with all of you! You guys rock!

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Granny, yeah last night I looked at my link backs on my blog and followed it to your lovely post. I think I replied though with everything going on last night I'm not sure.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

oh my angela!!! LOL ok, the "freebies" you go to their page and see what they have on their want's. and send them a "few". oh i send like maybe 7-8, it really depends on how much i have and how good i get along with them. LOL
    now as for the bubble envi's. they are for the one's that crush, so you put them in the bublers, they can't go thru the crusher machine, also you can put them in the regular envi's but i use some of that soft styrofoam like stuff. i don't know how to explain it or bubbler. and tape the seed package to the envi so it don't move around, then close it up. send it off!! LOL go to the conversation side. sue has a whole thing about how much it is to send them, actually she has contacted the postmaster general about it!! about 20 to 22 is the norm, but i ask to make sure sometimes some people don't think the same, irish something or another is a great person to trade with but she only sends a few!! which is fine, hers always germinates great. and she's just a lovely person!! has some crazy stuff. befor you trade please use the rate and review if your not sure ask chemocurl or agirlsgirl they know all!! trust me on that, but especially chemocurl thats sue, she is the resident busy body and i just adore her!! hmmmm....if there's anything else just ask!! :')

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

WOW! I just downloaded Google's new Chrome browser, and I'm loving it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Chrome Browser

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Here I went and scolded EG because he doesn't know how to cut a watermelon...now I have to come over here and give him a big ole hug. I was just at your blog, and I'm tickled to be one of your favorites *vbg*

But you still don't know beans about watermelon cutting, you little whippersnapper.

Granny

15 years ago

Carolyn -

1. Hey there, girlfriend! Where ya been, my dear friend?... I've missed you! You're one of the biggest reasons I've felt so welcome here. You sure made me feel right at home right out of the gates. These OT threads are filling in any gaps, though, so I sure do appreciate them... :-D

2. Thanks for the advice on exchanging seeds. I've pretty much wrapped myself up in this all day. I'm leaving town again for the hospital in Dallas for my daughter, Hannah, so I best get some exchanges in before I leave, you know! It's soooo much fun! Actually, I just updated my page. It's pretty cool (even without reviewing the seeds I have). Anyone who wants to see what I'm talking about, please visit my page at:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/sqfoot/msg0914125011742.html?24

I want to snazz it up even more, so I'll be playing with backgrounds when I get back home again.

Medo - WoooHooo! It looks like we're thinking alike. I visited the forum you mentioned, Rate & Review. I wanted to be sure that the people I trade with are reputable. The nicest lady (all 3 have been nice so far, tho) was westtxpeg or something like that. Peggy is sooo informative and sweet. She lives by me out here, too. I just stuck 2 stamps on, and I'm praying she doesn't get 'postage due'. Have you ever gotten postage due on one of your trades? I hear there is a small (LOL) issue with bubble envelopes and postal workers not knowing what to charge for 'em?

Granny -

1. Hmmmmmm... a state of the art, CHROME browser, huh? Just what I always wanted! I am needing just a wee bit more info than just that you're loving it... although, that does mean a lot to me... How come you're loving it? I am one of those 'be very wary of what you download or else it will make your computer a dinosaur for no reason at all and you'll have to reinstall windows more than once per year' kind of people.

2. LOL! I can see you beating 'ole EG with a wet noodle as we speak. That sweet 'ole fella don't know nothing 'bout cutting 'em watermelons, huh? He just knows how to grow them big 'ole melons like nobody's business that are perfect for them wet t-shirt contests... those sugar babies being no exception. Even those little honkers are firm from what I understand............................ ........................................... ............. oh, dear Jesus, forgive me for getting carried away once again... but, that there was sure funny! LOL

~Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - I'm seriously thinking about taking the link on my blog favorite places that says "grannies kitchen garden" and fixing it to redirect people that click on it to somewhere like that little link down there. How do ya like them apples? hee hee, Whippersnapper, huh? I hope they enjoy that video at the bottom of the page.lol

Angela - Yes, I have a little difficulty cutting things properly, but man they sure do enjoy those trellises...yea!

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's blog link to grannie's website

• medontdo
    15 years ago

you guys are sooooo nuts!!! LOL
    yes angela there is some things over postage due! some post offices are not up to date with the new postage rates and stuff. which is really unfair to all of us! (seed traders)
    i absoslutely LOVE your page!! the top part!! :') ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Well Granny...I was thinking, and decided that one might make people have a heart attack. So, I came up with this one. Sure, there's definitely more pyro, but it has a little better message...What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's blog link to Annie's kitchen garden

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

EG, thanks for the video trip through your garden! I'm so sorry you dropped that itty bitty melon and the worms fell out ;-)

I'll bet next year EG springs for bras for his melons!!!

(smooches)

Angela - Chrome is fast. And it doesn't tie up all the resources opening tabs, rather each tab opens independently as a separate application, so nothing bogs down. If one tab (application) crashes, it is the ONLY one that closes, you don't lose any of the other pages. When you open a new tab, you get a page of thumbnails of your most frequently visited pages, with a history list down the side so it's a cinch to just click. I guess it has automatic spell check, 'cause it's doing it right now as I type. One thing I do NOT like, and have joined others to ask for, is auto complete/auto fill. Otherwise, it's fast, clean & easy. It's still in its beta though (first available for download yesterday), so I'm sure Google will have it perfected real soon.

I can't access your page. All I get with that url is this thread! I'm thinking you don't mean the (My Page) on the forum, as I didn't think you could change backgrounds on that.

15 years ago

EG - Was that link suppose to be to a video of Granny headbanging to some hard rock? LOL

Medo - Thanks for the info and for checking out my Exchange Page. :-)

Granny - I will get that Chrome program when I get back. It sounds like it rocks as hard as you do to heavy metal. hee hee

Also, I've included a direct link below to my exchange page. Sorry for not listing it before... ooops

~Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Angelady's Exchange Page

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Nice page, Angela! I hoard my seeds and plant them all, sometimes 3-4 years after I've opened the pkts. I always try to find the 1/2 off ones, and I do see them very early in the spring, just before I leave AZ for WA. This year I am making a wish list of all those I'd like to find for 2009, and I'm going to make sure I have it with me every time I go shopping!

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok granny how do you make your pics where they are n the blue so you can click on them so you can make them bigger??
    here's my pretty datura i have been waiting on!! yep i made it home in time to see one just past bloom, and its raining!! ughhhhh.
    this one is getting ready to bloom
    {{gwi:1285017}}
    this one is just past bloom
    {{gwi:1285019}}
    this is my angel trumpet and they smell georgeous!!
    {{gwi:1285021}}
    frontal vision of the angel trumpet
    {{gwi:1285024}}
    these are my lady's slippers, they are about 12" tall, i have white one's, pink, salmon, purple, and i think one other color.
    {{gwi:1285026}}
    what ya think ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Angela - nah, granny wouldn't appreciate good music like that.hee hee

Granny - oh...nevermind.

Medo - those are some purdy flowers. We haven't gotten around to planting flowers yet, but i'm sure my wife will have tons in the newly built flower bed. It's still a little too warm outside to fill with dirt right now. It's easier for me to work outside when it's cool. Watch out when cool weather hits....i'm building one of everything!

EG

15 years ago

Granny - Thanks for checking out my page. I eventually want a collective of tons of seeds that I keep growing at least once every five years to keep seeds from and pass on to my kids and their grandkids. I want some rarer things and heirlooms, too, so trading is the best way to get a bunch of different things without having to spend a fortune. Plus, it makes this gardening thing that much more addicting and fun. I could have THOUSANDS of things before it's over with... hee hee

Medo - HOLY COW that Datura is gorgeous!!! Yeeehaaaaw! And, that Angel Trumpet is HUGE... Wow! Those lady slippers are amazing as well. Oooooooooooooh, I'm SO excited to be doing a trade with you, girl! Thanks so much for sharing these gorgeous pics!!!!!!!!!!!! And, their seeds... Ooooooooooh, my! My yard won't be the eye-sore of the neighborhood ANY longer... hee hee

~Angela

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

EG, check out my profile on my blog re music I listen to. You might be surprised that I'm not exactly a fan of Liberace or that champagne bubbles guy ;-) BTW, I hope you know I adore you, I just like to pull your leg, you little whippersnapper.

Medo, those flowers are gorgeous. GORGEOUS! It's easy to do the enlargeable thumbnails if you have a Photobucket account. I just learned how, myself. Is that where your photos are stored? If so, I'll get back to you with the directions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Granny Rocks (sometimes)

15 years ago

Okay, I'm about to admit that I'm incredibly SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. LOL

I asked a question about Granny's blog thinking her last post was around the middle of August. All I had done was scroll all the way to the bottom to see if she was updating it. Boy, I feel really stupid to realize this whole time that she's updated it to the top of the page, not the bottom.

Oh, dear... with that thought, I'll go to sleep. These PM's are kicking in, so I can get up early and drive to Dallas for our appointment. You may not hear from me for a couple of days. Will I be missed? Or, perhaps you guys will enjoy the break from me instead... hahahaha... Believe me, I understand. I want a break from me sometimes, too. hee hee

Blessings,
    Angela

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Well, I'll miss you. For the right price.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Angela, I'll miss you a lot. Hurry back.

Yes, the blog begins way back in July, with the demise of my garden, and goes forward from there. It's odd to have to read backwards, but that's the way they work. I doubt very many have read mine from the beginning, and I was a lot more interesting then LOL!

SINFONIAN, SINFONIAN. Calling SINFONIAN! If anyone sees him, send him here. I did a boo-boo the other night. I fixed a pot of green beans, put them in some boiling, salted water covered them and let them simmer for 15 minutes or so, then turned off the stove. Then we had dinner and I forgot to serve them! So I put the pan of beans in the fridge, still in the liquid in which they had cooked, and lo and behold...the next night I took them out to heat up and they looked, smelled and tasted EXACTLY like canned green beans! It's something you would like :-)

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Granny's Blog

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - I know you're just pulling my leg...it's ok, I don't mind. You really do like some pretty hip bands, don't ya? HMM...that's quite unexpected. I see that you like Stephen King...I've read several of his books. "IT" was probably my favorite, but I also liked the book he helped on...."Black House". It was kinda like "IT". Granny, I've been building this evening...whew...i'm sweating profusely. I started my wife's planter bench that I promised during the spring. It'll be finished in about a week or two. Then, it's time for the seed starter, WOO HOO!

Angela - I added some more bugs to my blog this evening, check it out! Also, you will be missed....hurry back.

Holly - did you see my melon in the other thread? You know...the one that I keep cutting the wrong way?

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Oh, man....I wish someone would build me a planter bench.

Blog it, OK? You know, some real simple directions. I have a miter saw, a tape measure, a hammer, screwdrivers...hey, I have my very own tool belt and tool chest, Mr. H is not allowed to even touch my tools! I'm going to build and paint a bird house to put on the post in my new raspberry bed. I might faux paint the actual hole, 'cause a nesting bird might eat the raspberries????

{{gwi:1285028}}

That will match the blue pot with the clematis in it (I repainted it a softer blue) and the sunflowers I plan to plant in the corner of the garden.

Granny

• laura729
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela - do hurry back! without hurting yourself, that is.

And speaking of exits...Granny, say it ain't so!! You won't drop in here when you migrate south and take a hiatus from gardening? See, I'm gardening but not SFGing just yet, but I come here for info and inspiration, so perhaps you could drop in for the same even if you're not actively SFGing??? Or, does this forum hibernate in the winter? Or...perhaps it turns over to folks on the other side of the equator, so we're like alter egos of each other. Perhaps if I drop in past my growing season, a rip in time will occur. Oh, I'm not sure I'm ready for that!!

Clearly it's past my bedtime. Goodnight! :)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Laura, if we can keep our OT posts going, you bet I'll be here all winter! Even if we aren't actively gardening, we can spend the winter sharing our plans for our 2009 gardens. I change my mind on mine at least weekly, so I'd have lots to post about *g*

I just hope I'll have an internet connection. Last year the RV park across the street put in satellite wireless, which worked about half the time. They had so much trouble with it, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't offer it this year. I hope they do, because it only cost me $10 a month, so even half the time was better than none! If that falls through, I'll have to go to the library for a connection. Bouse, AZ is a tiny town, nothing else to offer for internet unless I go for a dial-up and I don't EVER want to go that route again!

And, Laura, I'm not sfg-ing, either. I'm only semi-sfg-ing. But this forum is for "the discussion of square foot gardening AS WELL AS OTHER METHODS OF INTENSIVE GARDENING". Seems like I remember someone getting very upset that everyone wasn't using Mel's Mix, because "this is the sfg forum". Huh-uh.

Night-night, dear Laura

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

stephen king is absolutely awesome!! thank you for the thing on my flowers!! i love them!! i wish i could send smell-vision!! LOL then you could smell how good they are!!
    i will miss you angela!! :') you are just to funny!! hurry back, but safely!! LOL
    ohhh and another one is that night shayman, he is spooky too, and something carpenter, hmmm.... there's one other who's twisted but not gorey!! i like them. LOL can't stand all the blood and guts sometimes, if i'm in the mood i like rob zombie. he's a freak but i like some of his if i'm in the total mood! LOL but i do like scary movies that freak you out w/o the guts and gore!! LOL ohhh and nakedness!! LOL if its all spirits and stuff thats cool, i can deal with that. have you ever seen thirteen ghosts? freaky! i know, i got totally ot! LOL
    next mo is our anniversary!! woo hoo!! 19 years! i cannot believe it. well, we were married at 18 for me, and 20 for him. but i knew i loved him from the moment i saw him come around the corner of the arcade. LOL he was definatly the one. sometimes, i wonder about that. LOL then i remember, thru thick and thin, even the very very thin, air thin!!! LOL
    its supposed to rain tomarow too,. ohhhh and did i tell you that i talked to a professor that roots her stuff in 10% peroxide and 90% water? and even gets roses to root in no time. she uses i think perilite or the other one and the solution and then puts the rose stem in and viola roots!! so i'm gonna try it!! ~Medo

p.s. E.G. please, save your seeds!!! geez what are you thinking wasting your seeds??? i thought all men thought about sowing your seeds?? LOL **onery grinn**

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Medo, I'm going to plant flowers again next year. I had a lovely border a few years ago, but the neighbor's Bermuda grass took over and I ended up ripping everything out. She finally got it under control along the fence (too late for my lawn) so that's where I have my tomatoes and stuff this year, but I want it back in flowers.

Dang, things are so slow in the garden right now I don't have anything to blog about. Guess I'll have to round up some recipes.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

recipes do sound good!! i'm for that!! LOL **smiling** LOL ~Medo

15 years ago

Holly - LOL! I may have to pay up just to know I am missed. hee hee

Granny -

1. Awww, thanks! I definitely will hurry back. Steve won't know what to do without me having 3 of 'em kiddos to tend to all by himself. LOL

2. I fully plan to read every word on your blog, girl. I do remember at one point reading about the tree falling on it and seeing pics. Then, because of your post the other day, I kept checking and checking for your mysterious update. I feel like a bigger goofball than I already am to not have realized the top post was the new post. LOL I did notice the cool pics of you guys, but didn't realize that was the post and I just scrolled quickly to the bottom. By the way, Happy belated Anniversary! That's a big one. Our anniversary isn't much past yours. How neat.

3. Did you paint that birdhouse yourself?

4. And, I bet noone is getting mad at you no matter what you throw inside your raised beds for soil... if so, we'll sick EG and Sinfonian (and anyone else we can find) on 'em. *Angela's thinking in regards to anyone who wants to be mean to Granny, "Don't make me mess you up!"*

EG - Awwwww, thanks! Again, I'll hurry back for sure. And, when I do, I'll check the updated pics of your blog. I can't wait! Also, I was so impressed with all your perfect leaves in all your pics. Mine have splashes of dirt underneath and just don't look nearly as clean as yours do. What do you do?... wash them before you photograph them?

Laura - Another... Awwwwwwww, thanks... to you, too! I promise not to wreck trying to hurry my way back to you all. :-) And, that was hilarious about the forum... keep them good laughs 'a coming.

Okay, now I'm running out of time to get on the road... I best catch up with the last few posts when I return... hee hee

~Angela

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Sniff...I didn't even get a kiss goodbye...sniff.

EG - I saw the mutilation to that poor melon, Mr. Badness! I especially like the way Granny chastised you for it. You know, some would say that she's a nit-picker, but I prefer to say that she has 'an eye for detail'...

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - i'll blog the planter bench. It's gonna be a whopper! You know me, I always build things bigger than they have to be. I can't do instructional photos though.....my cat doesn't know how to use the camera! Nobody else will come outside and help me with it. Anyway, it'll be a sweet bench, for sure. That's a nice little birdhouse. I'm sure the birds will love it.

Medo - You like those Rob Zombie movies? I love them! Man...talk about hard core....BTW, I just bought concert tickets to see the band GWAR in Memphis next month. It'll be a bloodbath, for sure! Woo Hoo! I'm definitely taking an extra set of clean clothes with me.

Angela -i'll keep putting the pictures on the blog. BTW, you know you can click on them, and they'll get bigger? Some of them can even be clicked on twice, especially my new squashbug pic. Also, no - I don't wash my leaves before snapping the picture. I just keep a pretty well maintained garden. It's the OCPD thing, remember?

Holly - I just can't stop cutting melons that way. I must have carpal tunnel syndrome of the brain or something...lol. It may be all those hard core heavy metal videos I watch....That's probably it.

EG

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

I clicked on one of your pyro videos yesterday...my 10 year old comes running up behind me and squeals "you like those guys TOO, Ma? Way cool!"

You'll find him in the mail. The box is marked 'Fragile'.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

hmmmm...are ya gonna wash the clothes that get the "blood" on them?? LOL
    ya i had to show tabor who GWAR was, i was like dude i think they are from our time, let me show ya on youtube and got the live in concert. WOW!!! you'll have tons of funn!! twisted!!! LOL
    ya rob zombie is the bomb except i hate all the cussing, man i could leave out the f word, ya know!!
    today is rainy and wierd so i could do the blood and gore!! LOL i could be twisted!! Hee Hee hubs will think i'm twisted today!! YEP!! wait!! LOL
    HELO angela no goodbye for me?? geeze bud??? whats up with that?? **sniff sniff, wiping a single tear away, sniff** LOL
    hey granny what type of flowers are you gonna put in your yard?? i am so curious!! that will be so cool to tell i might like it!! (for my yard!! ) LOL
    hey laura i like your thinking, kinda sci fi!! LOL i often wonder about things, ya know like in the cartoon ants, and bugs, LOL and sci fi movies makes me think well they have to get the idea's from somewhere!! huby says i'm totally nuts, i'm ok with that, i don't want to be like everyone else!! then i'd be all perfect like, ick!!! yuck!! and gross!! LOL **snicker grinn**
    i sure do like your onryness holly!! **big grinn** you are the bomb!! i can tell you are gonna bring some spice here!!
    where in the heck did msyoohoo and carolyn go?? i havent seen them in a while?? eg you are failing in your job!!! LOL ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Angela, I grabbed that birdhouse photo from a craft website, but I think I can handle it (building & painting).

I've done a bit of both in my lifetime *g* Here are just a few of my paintings...these are photos of them, so some are messed up by the flash. I have no idea how to make a clickable link to a slide show, so you'll just have to copy and paste.

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/anniebloom1/My%20Paintings/?albumview=slideshow

BTW, don't install the Chrome browser yet, wait for some of the much needed additions. I can't upload my photos to photobucket, can't load a jigsaw puzzle from Jigzone, can't play FreeSlots. It has issues on using Java right now. I really like it, but I have to use Firefox or Internet Explorer for those programs.

Granny

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

ME, I'm not ornery, just a miserable old cow! GET IT RIGHT! hahahahahaha!

Actually, I lied to EG. The box is marked "Not So Fragile".

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Holly - sure, send the little stinker down here. I need some extra help rolling all of the yards with tp next month. hee hee . I'm sure I could teach him pretty fast. And, i'm guessing that he likes the 2nd video - by Slipknot. Yeah...they're pretty sick...I'd love to go see them.

Medo - yeah....they just can't make a movie these days without using that word. I'm not washing those clothes for anything! That will be priceless!

Granny - I couldn't see those pictures from here...hmm....Anyway - I think you'll nail the birdhouse...no problem.

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Ok, EG...here are a few just for you:

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Wow granny...you painted all of them? I like the mailbox one, especially.....That's bob ross quality! Now that I think of it, your hair kinda looks like bob's did - just different color. Not Mr. H, though....his hair in that early photo looks like "Wolverine". You don't have pet squirrels do ya? hee hee

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

How many squirrels would you like, EG? I'd just love to send you the one that buried walnuts in my spinach bed yesterday, and annihilated about four plants.

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Hehe Granny, sorry, I've been away from this forum for a while, but thanks for thinking of me with the green beans! I haven't eaten any of the 4 pounds I froze yet. I'll wait until winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Sinfonian, it really works! Think of it...what's the difference between canned and fresh steamed? Canned is processed longer and in liquid (so cook the beans 15-20 minutes in liquid) then canned beans sit in that liquid until you open them (so refrigerate your cooked beans overnight in the cooking liquid and warm them up the next day). I was amazed that they looked, smelled and tasted exactly like canned! Not something I care for, but you and my puppies love them ;-)

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - oh...believe me, I don't need any more squirrels. One morning, I counted 13 in one tree. Knock on wood....so far, no animal has done anything to the garden.

Sinfonian - thanks for stopping by! I'm gonna have to get over to your blog today or tomorrow.

EG

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Hey Angela, what a sweet thing to say! You made my whole day! How's Hannah?
    School just started and it's intense at my place. Also, I worked in politics for a bit and my phone has been ringing off the hook for obvious reasons lately, lol. I have gathered old friends from every political viewpoint you can imagine and they always seem to want to call and reminisce during presidential elections, lol. It's a blessing because I'd never know a thing about them having more kids elsewise. Just found out my college roommate got married two years ago, lol! Geez!
    WOW!! You are SO talented Granny. I am impressed. Also, I think Mel Bartholomew's goal was to get people gardening. I don't read SFG to be an ideology as much as a method. We need to do what works best and keeps us growing. And, I've always blown off folks who are ARP's, there's no point to attempting to be the "best sfg'er" because the best gardener is the one who is happiest with their garden. I think we can say we've noticed some folks who visit here are a bit, errr..., unbalanced in their view on alot of things? Heh, and I'm not even talking about us in here.
    I AM turning into one of those crazy "gardens not lawns" kind of people. I think I like the concept of neighborhood building. I have noticed that my neighbors get alot friendlier when I have a bag of tomatoes for 'em, lol. OK, granny, have you done any canning? I have some weird canning questions.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

carolynp, I used to can a lot when the kids were home. I have one son who has been diabetic since age 10, so it was always easier for me to can for him than it was to find no sugar added fruits, jams, etc. I'm afraid I put the canner somewhere in the garage, but I think I might just go look for it next year. I've given away too many tomatoes, and we could sure use them ourselves. My dear neighbor is keeping me in jam and pickles, and I'm keeping her in tomatoes and summer squash. She and I were just laughing today about when I'd make wild blackberry pancake syrup. Some years the fruit had so much natural pectin, I'd end up with jelly instead...but it was all good, so whether it was syrup or jelly, it was always a surprise but a delicious surprise! Anyway, if you have a question, shoot! I'll do my best.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

hey carolyn!!! nice to see you!! (((hugs))) misssss you!!!
    school just now started there? wow!! but you homeschool right??
    hmmm...whats your political person?? out of curiosity. i'm liking the mccain palin. so far. i really like her!! what thing do you do on homeschooling?? if you do that? i think i remember you saying you also did. (its been a long day!!)
    hubs is driving me nuts!!!! i'm glad he's going back to work tomarow night. :') which means that he'll sleep all day day after tomarow!! WOO HOO!!! LOL
    ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

now we are going down memory lane, on youtube!! LOL so we are the cool parents!!! we listen to heavy metal, LOL and rock, LOL
    tabor said, ahhh man your the bomb!!! of course now its twisted sister and ratt. i like them and quiet riot.
    then hubs goes do you remember dio?? i was like ohhh ya. dang that was years ago. we were pretty softer compared to you though!! LOL then i found out he liked metallica, i was like awesome!! dude way cool!! we did have something in common!! unlike everything else we have in common, right?? LOL tabor totally loves alice cooper!! LOL he's totally a freak!! LOL
    ok, tomarow i should be getting my seeds in the mail. i am so excited. i think i might grow them on my porch, LOL then it'll be pretty much protected AND it'll be full sun!! LOL
    and sfg!!! my hubs will think i'm nuts, but ummmm... what's new???? LOL i'm like always nuts anyhow!!! LOL

then when my gh is done, i'll grow a bunch of stuff in there, and it's gonna definately be protected!! LOL

LOL talla call's the males from the 80's she's, ROFL!!!
    its so funny!! so hubs had to tell her that they were he's!! LOL Hee Hee
    she thinks only girls have long hair!!! LOL **just chuckling**
    i am definately tired!! geeze!! to much capicino!! i knew they were bad for me!! hubs just got me started back on them again, Bad medo!! Bad Medo!!! No More!!! LOL

granny!! them are some great pics!! i can't but can believe that you painted them pics!! i can because you have a tremendous eye for the garden and make it look just great so it doesn't surprise me that you can paint that great!!
    ~Medo

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor