Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniesgranny_gw

OT9/29 OMGosh!!

anniesgranny
15 years ago

I can't believe it! I just got the neatest blog award from Cynthia of Brambeleberries in the Rain! Go see what she said...it made me a bit misty, I tell ya.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Granny's Award

Comments (69)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok its official, he needs to start loggin out when he's done!! LOL cuz i CLEARLY don't check!! LOL
    yer right there EG 10 bucks can't get you a whole LOT!! that has been having me thinkng, and i know that he's an old timer "only said in respect!!" so that means its gonna be very useful. but 10 bucks??
    and EG man you and tabor, LOL he says "shuh-weet" LOL ROFL actually i don't know where he got that from, but its funny!! we were gonna dig holes tonight, but it started getting chilly, so i pick tomarow. another day off from schooling. heck as of now, were so far ahead they can get out in the mid march. hubs aint happy, but he aint happy that they aren't doing their school work either. so i think i'll strt them back doing like starting on it then finishing it the next day??

i can't wait, i'm VERY excited to get the sfg in the gh!! this will be my most exciting thing ever for me besides the kids!! LOL if this works great this winter, i may get another one. i want another one, but with a bigger base. ya know. 10x12 don't really give ya room for winter growing. IMO.
    what would be my best bet to put in there for winter? for beets, spinach, turnips, cabbage, squash, any melons? i know i am fogetting something bussel sprout, and cauliflower, broccoli, any type that is more special than the other??
    please help me here ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - hhmmm....I don't know about the winter plants in the gh, I bet John can tell ya, though! He's the greenhouse grower in the bunch.

EG

• jbest123
    15 years ago

No, nothing to do with winter. While converting the rest of the garden to SFG, I have decided to try spud towers. Like everything else, I do, I cannot do it exactly the same as normal people do. I have to add my own twist. I am going to call them, The Spud Towers With Showers.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

The spud towers with showers....hmmm. Have you thought about including some flowers, and also - maybe a recording of Jerry Clower? That would be interesting! Yeah, John - I understand wanting to tweak the usual method a bit....I do it all the time, mainly because I'm just "weird" though. Heh. Maybe you can post the pictures of all of it on your journal, so we can all see the progress....

Medo - tick tock tick tock. hee hee

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, yes...spud towers with showers and bowers of flowers. WOWERS!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today I was wondering why I even bother to grow a garden. I went to Winco for groceries this morning and bought:

HUGE red bell peppers @ .48 each (3-1/2 pounds for $2.88)
    HUGE acorn squash @ .58 each (6-3/4 pounds for $1.16)
    Peaches, 4 lovely, white @ .48 lb (1.90 lb for .91)
    Jalapeno peppers, 6 large for .47
    Carrots, 2 pounds for .98

I know I can't buy for those prices year around, but it's sure fun to get such a good buy once in a while. Guess who's going to make more Hot Pepper Jelly!

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhhh man!! that is good! i don't think you can do that here. although i don't buy fruit, only my mom does that. LOL
    i absolutely LOVE your idea John!! that's just way too cool!! i so want to see how you do that!! we want to grow potato's next year.
    EG dang!! you are just way wrong!! LOL **big grinn** LOL
    still waiting!! and waiting....and waiting... LOL
    ok, i was reading my email and OMG it was so funny!! i got one about the Old days, this person wasn't gonna go on about the things how the younger generations had it better and all. ohhh i was laughing so bad!! it was HALARIOUS!!!
    he calls them little rat-bastar** and it is just to dang funny, i actually do remember all of the things from back then!! LOL ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I should be cleaning, but I'm down in the dumps, lol. Granny, you only need 6 peppers for jelly? I'm thinking of trying to find cheap cucumbers for pickles...Winco, here I come! I want to see the pics of the spud towers, too.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carolyn, it takes 4 cups (total) of peppers, 1 cup vinegar, 5 cups sugar and 1 pkt. powdered pectin. The mild recipe I used only called for 3 cups of bells and 1/4 cup jalapenos, but I increased the jalapenos to about 1/2 cup....way too mild. Since then I've looked at the recipe inserts from a couple brands of pectin and they call for a lot more jalapenos with the (above) amount of peppers total. I'm making a batch right now and using 3 cups of red bells really well packed, which took four peppers, and a full (packed) cup of jalapenos, which was 6 of the size I had. I'll let you know if this one is hot enough!

Why are you down in the dumps? Can we help? I might find something to make you smile :-)

Granny

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carolyn, I just finished the batch of hot pepper jelly made with the red bells. It's still not hot enough! Next time I'll only use three big bells and then finish off the 4 cups with jalapenos. I'll get that heat right yet! I almost stirred in a few red hot pepper flakes into the entire batch, but I chickened out and did try a bit in the dish of jelly I didn't jar. That might just be what it needs for the extra fire. Also, I did add some red food coloring, as the green and red pepper mixture didn't exactly make a pretty color. Another thing, I must have packed those peppers in tighter than the last batch, because I ended up with 2 cups more jelly (8 cups)....I hope it jells!

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Well, the only thing that I think is good about the national news today is that I'm darn glad I put in a garden! lol I'm excited about the fall garden! The swiss chard is all coming in, they're very tiny, but exciting to watch them grow. I have new growth in onions and nearly everything else.
    I'm not sure I could get anyone else to try the jelly. Is it possible to make a single jar, do you think?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Carolyn - I am also glad that I planted a fall garden. The economy is looking really bad, and these veggies are getting more expensive all the time. I'm fixing to start the harvest on the romaine lettuce, it's looking real good today! Actually, i'm even going to plant more area next year,in (4) 16" deep, 12" wide, by 26" long containers. I figure it'll add a little over 11 sqft. They are going to be used to grow my taters in....

Also, Carolyn....if you need to be cheered up, just make sure that you keep a close eye on this forum for the next couple of days. The countdown has begun......hee hee

Oh! Hey Granny.....whatcha doin? still makin' jelly? I might make pear butter this weekend......I haven't decided yet. Ahem.... â«â« over the river and through the woods....hmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmm hm â«â« Hee Hee

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

â«â«â«â« Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man... â«â«â«â«

The time has arrived

Tune in to my blog TOMORROW if you want to know what EG has been up to.

Grinny

Here is a link that might be useful: What Did EG Do?

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I still don't know if today's jelly is going to set. I tried something with the jar full I didn't seal...I added some red pepper flakes. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEEEEE, Chihuahua, Mama Mia!!! It's HOT. Good, but HOT.

Carolyn, I don't know how you could make just one jar, as it uses a pkg. of pectin. But if you don't pack it down like I did with this last batch, it only makes six 1/2-pints. I liked the flavor of the green better than the red, by the way (and green peppers were even cheaper at Winco). And I did add a couple of drops of green food coloring to that, too. If you don't like it, it makes a good Christmas present because of the color. I think the flavor grows on you, because I didn't like it the first time I tasted it, now I love it. It really needs a good cracker, or it might even be good on a tortilla chip.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

pear butter?? hmmm....now that sounds good, i used to make pumpkin butter for the kids, its fantastic AND its very nutritious for you!!
    Carolyn...i am so sorry that you are so down in the dumps!!
    yes, you are right, the economy is very wrong!! it makes me sad!! i was at church wed night and i was talking with the other ladies and the one said just listening to the news just makes her sad. she's all down in the dumps because she was watching the news and saw that just by las vegas there were rows of tents where people were living because they had lost their homes. and that that's what depression is!! i got to thinking, we had just done our house, it was his idea- i would never do somet
    hing like that, i like the idea of owning my own home and owing nothing on it. well anyhow i was thinking about that and things like how much we owed on that danged kia. the nice job he has. and how these poor people have absolutely no job at all. and some people get jobs and just screw off.

but i tell ya one thing carolyn, when i feel down in the dumps about things, i just think about how many people have it much worse than i do, or we do! there's this little boy who is tabors best friend, he lives across the street from us, his dad is an acoholic (i think, at the very least, a social) and his mom is really nice, they don't have much food in the house, he has a sister and 2 older brothers. he is the nicest one out of all of the kids, but the point to this is, when he comes over we'll offer food to him, he say;s no, but he'll eat tons of fruit that i have if i have it, when he stay's the night he'll tell us all kinds of things about how quiet they have to be all the time, and they can't play their games in the house (playstation) because his dad will get mad. his dad will get a bad temper. and then i think how sweet he is and he never play;s it up, feel sorry for me, nothing like that. its just normal for him.

EG just what are you up to?? i just hope you are going to be showing lots of pics!! :')
    speaking of which-------
    we went to the high school musical on ice and befor hand i went and i got a 2gig memory card for 22 something. the other 1gig is for 24 somthing. it was crazy!! so of course you know i got the 2g!! LOL and i took 135 pics!!

Granny i was going to say you might want to throw a few seeds in there to give it some spice, just a few. maybe two or three?? LOL i don't know what your preference is, but ya know. its the seeds that will give it the heat!!

if ya want to see the pics let me know and i'll see if i can post a link or something? LOL ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Ha!!!! The little jar made it.
    Granny, how'd you like them apples...I mean pears?
    I'm glad you liked my decorations on the box. hee hee
    I bet every person that came in contact with it from the postal service was like...."what the?" lol

EG

• Melissa Houser
    15 years ago

Granny,

I just read your blog! Congrats on your award and I feel famous now! ;) The recipes are to die for as well.

You, Sin and EG make me feel guilty because I haven't started blogging. Maybe I should, then all the northerners can get their garden fix during the winter.

I'm off to work now, but will check in when I get back home.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Thanks so much you guys! I feel one hundred percent better. I read your blog granny! That was uber cool! I know you're right Medo, man we are SO much better off than most people. And, the little guys are eating home-grown grapes. My son prefers the store bought kind because they're bigger, lol. Just like the hubby doesn't like fresh green beans as much as canned, lol. Yikes.
    Finally started raining here and we have a rocking fire and the house is toasty!

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

EG, I got such a kick out of the box...I could just hear it! Mr. H thinks you're weird, but in a good way *g*. The preserves are delicious. I was eating hot biscuits and pear preserves at ten o'clock last night...so good on the figure!

Lissa, Yes...BLOG! I have nothing but time all winter, I need more blogs to read! That is, assuming I have an internet connection, which is always iffy where we live.

Carolyn, is your husband related to sinfonian? He only likes canned green beans, too! Like I told him, just cook those fresh beans barely covered with salted water, with lid on, for about 15-20 minutes. then let them cool down and refrigerate them overnight in the cooking liquid. The next day they taste exactly like canned green beans (yuk...I've learned to only like fresh/frozen now).

I have to open up all of yesterday's hot pepper jelly and redo it. I should have known not to pack those peppers in the measuring cup so tightly, and when I ended up with a full pint of jelly more than I should have, I figured it wouldn't jell. With fruit, when this happens, you can just use it as syrup. But I don't think hot pepper jelly would be very good over pancakes, LOL!

Medo, of course we want pictures. You had to ask? *grin*

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - it's amazing how a little bit of writing can turn a plain cardboard box into a "happy" box! I'm glad you liked it! I would've wrote more, but I ran out of room! LOL. Tell Mr. H it's ok if he thinks i'm weird....I think i'm weird too! Ha! I'm glad you liked the preserves. Your blog was very nice today....thank you. I've had a smile on my face since Tuesday.....

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok, keep in mind that i don't know how to take pics of moving objects!! LOL and i was at a distance!! LOL so most of them are blurry!! LOL dangit!! i thought they wouldn't be, errrrr!!! i didn't do it right or something!! boo hooo!! but talla loves them so i'm happy!! LOL i'll post a link to my photobucket and its the first one's there, and feel free to look around, don't mind the mess, i'm actually going thru stuff, and that's my story and i'm sticking to it, although now true!! LOL half done!! LOL and i'm not mentally a mess anymore!! LOL!!! LOL ~Medo you are forwarned **grin**

p.s.
    awwww does EG have a soft spot or what??? LOL
    that is so sweet!!! and a singing one no less!! how awesome!! :')

Here is a link that might be useful: highschool musical on ice

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

I don't have any pear jelly but I am off to the kitchen to try making a batch of Granny's biscuits - wish me luck!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - well....sometimes.....but I still have that little bit of mischief in me, as well! I looked at your photos, there were alot of them!

Betty - good luck with those biscuits. I'm making pear butter today.

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

tons of photos!! ummm.....all the one's in photobucket?? or just the skating one's??
    now we have that memory card, and it holds like 2365 pics, that's alot of fun!! HEEE HEEEE so now my photobucket is really gonna be full!! what i need to do is go in there and organize that thing, i started to in the beginning, but that didn't last long!! **sigh**
    that's awesome EG!! a soft spot!! **onery grinn** LOL
    ya know i'm just being onery anyhow!! LOL
    hey i think i did get some of them jalapeno's sundried. ummm....how long does that take??
    another question...if the maters start to fall off the bush, and they are green, should i go ahead and take all of them off?? and get rid of the bush?? i know that i'm not good with this gardening thing and i'm WAYYY behind ya'll but i think i maybe should be doing this. LOL but i just have TONS of green ones, and don't know what to do with them!!
    EG now, at something like that or a concert, what should i put my camera on?? i have the following settings: landscape, beach, snow, movie, program auto, auto adjustment, high sensitivity, soft snap, twilight portrait, twilight. i have the sony dsc-s700 cyber-shot. its ok except for they don't have one for idiots!!! LOL Hee Hee!!! LOL
    ok that's all the questions i have for tonight, i think!! LOL **grinning** ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Your pics are amazing! And your kids are adorable!
    If you search for it medo, you'll find a zillion recipes for salsa you can make with green tomatoes, that's my plan, lol. Does anyone know why they stop ripening? I am pretty sure it's the part of biology they don't explain to you: lawn gnomes.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL that has to be it!! i don't know, i think they just know when its time, the pot tamato. they are doing still pretty good, but slowing down finally, but i don't know if its because someone stepped on a stem or what?? next year i plan to do better with my tomato'es!! i sucked this year!! now i'm going to download my "compost" throw pile, its not that far from my "garden" so i can throw the maters. well, anyhow a bunch of little one's have sprouted up!!! i am so fricken amazed at this!! now if you'll remember my hubs thinks that i get easily excited about stupid things, so please keep that in mind!! LOL
    {{gwi:1285901}}

see how they are all over the place?? those are the pot tomato and some kinda better boy?? i don't know, it was his choice. dang ol man!! LOL so i'm thinking if the one plant dies out i can test that theory if the plant has potatos or not!! i am really really anxious!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!! if it does i am definately keeping clippings. and what if the potatos are good!! now wouldn't that be a kicker!! LOL
    ~Medo who's very very excited even though the kids are gone and the house needs to be cleaned. UGHH!!! LOL MUSIC UPPPP!!! LOUD!!! Heeee Heeeee old man is at work **snicker, snicker**

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - are all of those questions for me? Holy moly....Ok.
    I just looked at the skating photos.
    I know absolutely nothing about drying peppers...sorry.
    If you don't have any tomatoes turning red at this point, I would doubt that they would ripen before frost comes. Take all of your green tomatoes, and throw them at cars coming by....No, wait...that was me when I was growing up. Let's see....Fried green tomatoes, pickled green tomatoes, green tomato relish, many more recipes.....
    I would simply place the camera on the "auto" setting. It's really good for most picture taking.

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

HMMMM....throwing them at cars, at night!!! now that's cool!! i could do that!! hmmm....but....why waste my good tomato's?? how about my little one's!! **onery thinking now** yep!! that's a winner to me!! HEE HEE
    or throwing them at some kid!! HEE HEE that would be fun too!!
    i just had to check and see if anyone came back and posted!! LOL did ya see my little babies?? aint they just cute?? LOL
    all in poop!! **onery laugh** ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

LOL, and you CAN'T beg them to grow when you desparately want them to! Joke's on us gardeners: the Lord is still in charge.
    There's a preserving forum on yahoo, and in it, there's a guy named "Charlie". He's about twenty five thousand years old and he's forgotten more than I'll ever know about dehydrating. You should go there and ask him. He's way cool. In the files there may even be a recipe for it.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Where are Angela and Laura? I'm missing them *sniffle*

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i think angela is in texas with her little girl, but that operative word is "think"!! LOL
    i don't know about laura, man, i thought everyone left me all alone again!! i did get the kithcen done, i've been working on the dinning room in between checking here to see if anyone checked in.
    yes you are right, the LORD is in charge!! LOL
    i think he'll let us do our experimnet though. its funny, one of my good christian friends sent me a thing of the lords prayer and in this one he answers back, its cool. i had to send it out to all my other christian friends. LOL that i knew i could!!! Hee Hee. its so late. but my mind is wide awake!! soda pop does that!! ya know, i'm not supposed to be drinking it, but no one is here!! LOL thought, what could it hurt?? LOL ohhhnow i remember!! no slweep!! hee hee, and the keys move!! LOL !~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

dang dinningroom is done!!! YAY!! do you know that is the worst room to do, its what tabor calls the reck room!! LOL it has everything in it BUT a table!! now i just have to do the livingroom and the bedroom. and that's easy, putting clothes away!!
    today talla got bit on her ankle by what i'm sure was a spider, it got all swollen and red, it was very hot, so i put apple cider vinegar on a pad (our womans, cut up some)then taped it to her ankle, and when she went to my moms she said she'd give her a bath and then do tha same thing. tomarow i'll check it out. the actual bite was puffed out some. it wasn't very big. so i'm thinking it wasn't a hobo or a brown recluse. i've been bitten by the hobo, and a wolf, i know it wasn't the wolf spider, no fang marks. so i'm just praying it wasnt' that dang b.r.!! we do have some little black spiders around here. but they usually don't bite. and some huge brown ones. i've just noticed them. i'm thinking a big rain coming our way. since they are all coming in again.
    or could it be a flea bite? we don't have flea's in here, but hubs say's he's been getting eaten by something. but it's only him. maybe he's just bringing something back from that nasty prison!! LOL
    ya, that's it!! Hee Hee.
    if i close my eye's for a second, i'm out, that won't be good!! LOL then at least the bedroom won't get done!!
    well off to check what flea bites look like and then start on the room!! (one of them!! LOL) i guess this is my keeping my on track thingi!! LOL ~Medo **smiling**

• medontdo
    15 years ago

and i am finally finished, i just need to do some of the final touches, ya know, and that will be done tomarow when the hubs and they all get back. now i am off to sleep!! i think i just might miss church!! but i pray i do not!! and that i wake up and feel all refreshed and wide awake and ready to go!! WOOO HOOO!!! LOL i should!! mY house is....can i say it?? should i?? clean!!! almost organized!! WOOO HOOO!!!
    i have a bucket full of apples! anyone have a recipe for some AWESOME applebutter??? i want to make some, ya know, that tastes like muscleman's! do you remember that? i used to get into that when i was a kid and eat it by the tablespoon and grandma'd catch me somtime's "MEDO!!" but i'd see tht look, onery lady!! i sure do miss her so much!!
    nite all!! sleep well, as i know ya'll are!! GOD BLESS (((HUGS))) ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - send those apples to me....there are way too many cars coming by my house today..i'll show 'em! No....i'd be making something with them...Today, I am making pear butter....yay! I'm starting to think that I have a little bit of amish in me, or something!lol

Laura, maureen, Angela, get your hineys in here!!!! J/K, we miss you.

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wish I had some apples :-( Here I am in a state famous for their apples, and can't even find any under a buck a pound! That would be some awesomely expensive apple butter.

I am, however, making a pot of homemade from scratch spaghetti sauce with those 10 ripe tomatoes. I had 11, but one had a moldy spot that had to be amputated before we ate it last night. I must go pick cherry tomatoes now, they're the only good tasting ones left.

Oh, I happened to walk into the bedroom this morning and saw my boy dog, Otter, rolling on my bed...shoulder down, rolling and rolling (like they do in a cow pie). I spoke to him, and he picked something up in his mouth and looked at me. He'd found a drowned night crawler (huge worm for those not familiar with them) and brought it into the house, into my bed! I've had to remove a lump of composted cow poop, rocks, bark, leaves and twigs and a sprinkler head from my bed before, but this is the first night crawler. I'm going to go launder the sheets now :-(

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL Granny i don't know about that otter of yours!! LOL are you sure he isn't bringing you "surprises"? or do only cats do that?
    i remember a cat brought my brother dead birds one at a time, placed it at my brothers feet, because he had scolded the cat for going acrossed the street. the cat was good, but going out of the yard was a no no. well, it totally grossed dave out. and my mom told dave he had to act like he loved the "gift" and act like he was eating it and love up on the cat. so he did, of course this was followed up by a really grossed out stomache, but then him and the cat were best of friends, and then no more dead birds!! LOL we were all thankful for that!! its amazing the things animals will do to get the love back they think they have lost or whatever you call it! LOL
    EG paintball gun time!! fill it with tamatillos'!! ya now imagine the fun in that!! Hee Hee!! my hubs would Kick my butt for even suggesting that!! i'm not even sorry to say that i have alot of rebellious nature in me!! and a WHOLE lot of kid in me!! Hee Hee!!
    hubs was really surprised when he saw how "clean" the house was this morning. LOL imagine that!! he was surprised!!
    gotto go!! have fun today!! ~Medo **smiling**

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo, my daughter has a pet door and her cat has brought a dead bird and a mouse into her bed, with her in it! Talk about freaking out, LOL

Mr. H wants to put a pet door in our place in AZ, but I said no way. When the neighbors discovered a Mojave rattle snake in their wood pile last year, and I watched a hawk pull a rattler out of some brush on our property, and then...a snake came out from under our house and slithered right up next to me! I prayed out loud (actually I think I screeched the Lord's name in vain) and moved faster than an old lady should. I watched the snake for a while, and it looked exactly like a Mojave rattler, but I couldn't see a rattle, so it was probably a gopher snake. But I don't want any little doors in my house that those things might slither through!!! We had a King Snake over 6-feet long slither across our patio one evening, while we were sitting out there.

Granny

• jbest123
    15 years ago

I don't knnow granny, that sounds like a good place to be from. ;o)

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - I don't know about the paintball thing..."you'll shoot your eye out, kid!" Poor Ralphie....

Granny - and what would be the problem with snakes? We catch 'em all the time....Well, mainly me.....Cottonmouths really get rowdy...heh. Try taking a 6 ft chicken snake and putting it into a cardboard box...that's hard!

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Look at these guys that I videoed in our yard last spring. They were about a foot long, not counting the tail!

I cannot figure out how to get this to link without giving you my entire page, but be my guest, LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Desert Iguanas

• medontdo
    15 years ago

agressive little beasts arent' they!! LOL
    EG shoot my eye out???? are you absolutely nuts??? LOL
    snakes, i'd have to chop them up and eat them. LOL yep serve them for dinner!! mmmmm hmmmmm. LOL **grinn** ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - ha! You've never watched "A christmas Story?", with the little kid, and the red rider bb gun?

Granny - those little fellers were going at it!

Well, I made the pear butter.....i'll post it on my blog in a few days.

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

EG, asked "What would be the problem with snakes?"

"The Mojave Rattlesnake is probably the most dangerous snake in North America. It is aggressive, fairly large-bodied, and has a complex venom composed of hemolytic and neurotoxic elements."

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Mojave Desert Wildlife-Mohave Rattlesnake

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - I've seen them on that show "venom", and yes, they are a nasty rattler.....But, it won't chase a person - like a cottonmouth will. They are without a doubt the most aggressive snake that I've came in contact with. Crap, you can't even cast a fishing lure beside them, they get madder than a raped ape, and make a bee-line for you! Especially when they have little ones....whew!

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I remember swimming in a hole in Missouri and one kid would have to be on watch for cottonmouths and water moccasins while the rest of us swung out on a rope and dropped into the water. We did some dumb things as kids and lived through it all.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

EG ohh yes!! every winter!! its a must! LOL
    them kids just love that ralphie, and of course tabor just loves it when he cusses!! LOL
    and talla gets all wide eye'd and cover's her mouth, but for a week afterwards i listen to a few cuss words!@ hmmm. til i say hmmmm.....does some little girl need soap on a tooth brush to wash out that dirty mouth?? then usually that takes care of it. LOL man they are lucky!! when i was a kid, it was a BAR of soap and the corner!! GROSS!!! ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Medo, when we lived on the seminary campus just before my first was born our neighbors were from Korea and China. Our Chinese neighbor said that in China, they brush the kids' teeth with ginger if they use bad language. lol, yikes!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya know, now that's a thought!!! i just might have to do that!! that is some nasty sh***!!! exuse my language!!! LOL
    but suzie, my step mom gave me some for my upset stomache and it had some sugar coating, man, it still tasted nastier than heck!! LOL ~Medo i think in this case, the cure was worse than the problem!! LOL ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

BTW: our asian neighbors all believed that ginger will cure about anything. However, if one is pregnant, it has been known to cause cramping that can lead to miscarriage (my doctor told me not to have any when I was preg). Just fyi.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maybe a dose of ginger would shorten Reba's three week waiting time!

Granny

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus