Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelady777

Cut and Come Again Sadness (my sad salad mix story)

I had the first harvest of my lifetime (that I planted and tended) with this salad mix. It took me being away and little kiddos watering sometimes and sometimes not and still made it. It took my daily inspections without complaining. It grew and grew all beautiful. We need a salad, and it was calling our name. I went to do my first cutting and cut all but 2 or 3 inches up from the soil. I left not one lone leaf.

I have maybe 6 plants of all of them (which there were tons) that actually are still regrowing. I used the method of way overplanting with the concept of never letting them grow up big into full heads.

Well, needless to say, I am SO disappointed. I asked on several other people's threads about how much to cut of the cut and come again lettuce. It seemed nobody had any great advice at that time.

Granny tells me she's done it... what did I do wrong? Should I have shaded them to protect them from burning up in the direct sun? Should I have left half their leaves? Maybe I planted them too close of a cut and come again style? Maybe I should of just planted them regular and then cut when I wanted? Uggggh

Blessings,

Angela

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting