Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelady777

OT: where am I?

Where, oh where, has my sweet angel gone, oh where, oh where, can she be? LOLsize>color>

Medo found me.... thanks, Medo!.... I sure was lost...

I actually have been very caught up with seed trading since I returned... I have to get some of them now, in the fall, or I won't have a flower garden or berry bushes come spring.

It's also been a way for me to relax. I was heading into depression to be quite honest, and the hobby of seed trading has really helped me.

I don't think I can catch up with all the posts that I've missed, so I'm gonna start over. I SURE HAVE missed my SFG buddies!

Blessings,

Angela

Comments (75)

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Well, i'm back. Sorry.....I'm really concerned for my daughter's well being right now. She isn't doing too well. A year and a half ago, she had a lap band installed, with very few complications. Of course she lost alot of weight, and looks great. Anyway, apparently she got some kind of virus last weekend, and because of all the "hurling", her esophagus is swollen completely closed. She went into the hospital on Sunday, and I only found out she was in there on Wednesday, when she called me herself. Other people had instructions to let me know, but failed to even bother to tell me.....Oh well, i'm sure those guilty will smoke a turd in hell for that one. Anyway, needless to say, I really don't feel like cutting up too much right now, and have also been busy with the blog. Angela, i'm glad that you're back, and doing ok. EG

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo - LOL! That's the way I feel about most groceries, not just bread! About your daughter, that's wild that she's skipping phonics and going straight to reading! That has to be unusual and pretty awesome.

Granny - Thanks so much for extra info on green beans. It really helps me. I agree that it sounds like you need to leave the amended soil for next time. I bet they grow wonderfully! It's especially interesting to hear what that fella said that wrote that book. I'm excited about less disease, so I may be growing many more bush beans and cutting them at the second node like you said.

On strawberries, can you take them out of the bed that they're in after they produce the big crop (June-bearers) and them still be replanted for next season and do well?

Blessings,
    Angela

• medontdo
    15 years ago

dang EG i believe in lots of things!! including KARMA!!
    i definately will pray for your daughter. i don't even need to know her name, its weird sometimes people will say they need to be prayed for and leave all their info, i'm like dude, you don't need that, GOD knows exactly who you are!! and who we are thinking about!! although i do try a little harder, than just a thought, LOL
    it does make me mad when i'm the last to know something. like when my dad had a heart attack, even though i couldnt get to the place, still i wanted to know, he's my dad. i may not have been raised with him. but still. and i never said anything. that's just the way i am with family though. unless it comes to my babies, then all he** is gonna break loose!! LOL
    it does with my step dad, and he's no small man, that's for sure, he scares the he** out of alot of people. even the hubs. but my babes are another story.

ya talla was all happy, telling daddy, look daddy i can read, i read 3 pages, so he asks, what does it say?
    she say's i dunno. **bustin up** i'm telling her, well sweetie, ya better get back to studying them words you just learned. LOL she's just funny!! LOL
    ohhh and i found out i have a triple yellow datura!! wooo hooo!! now i'm watching another one to see what it is, none of them are what the seed package said they were!! so its been interesting!! LOL

EG its nice to see you back!! even for a few. i'll keep you and yours in our prayers!! please keep us updated on how she is.
    ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Angela, you just leave the strawberries in that bed year round. You can keep the runners cut off for big berries, or you can let them mat for lots of berries but not as large. They don't need to be replaced until they slow down in production, and can be replaced with their own runners, so no more $$ spent.

If you'd like me to send you the instructions from Crockett's book, email me at anniebloom1 at gmail dot com and I'll scan the chapter for you.

EG, still praying your daughter comes out of this alright. I can imagine you are extremely worried, and I don't blame you. Hang in there, old buddy!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Original Author
    15 years ago

EG - I am so sorry for not seeing your post sooner. We must have posted about the same time so I didn't see it until now even though it shows up right before mine. I am certainly praying for your daughter. What ashame that noone told daddy sooner... good grief... that's just a duh! The first call should have been to parents.... Anyways, our thoughts and prayers are with your baby girl...

Blessings,
    Angela

Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo - Okay, I'm really feeling stupid again on this... I think I was finally starting to get what single and double meant, but triple? I never heard of triple datura or triple anything... how do you know what single, double, triple, etc... is? (LOL) As for them not being what the seed packet said, is that because they were gotten in trade? Also, from what I understand, it could be that they don't come true from seed, so the seed packet could have been what the parent plant was, right?

Granny - Thanks for offering to email me more info. That's great! I was just concerned about strawberries taking up one whole bed year-round, but producing just one harvest per year. One lady I may be trading with has offered to dig up her extra strawberry plants and send them to me. I guess they were the runners from the original plant this season. Anyways, I wanted to know if I really want these kind of strawberries or not. Some things will stay viable when replanted if they went dormant in the fall before you pulled them up. But, since I don't know what I'm doing yet, I probably shouldn't try any of those advanced things yet! LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Angela, grab those plants! If the runners are set in this fall you will get a good crop in the spring and not have to worry about snipping off the blossoms, just let them do their thing! Do find out if they are June bearing, everbearing or day neutral. I'm going to plant two day neutral varieties that ripen at different times, so I should get a small constant crop all summer.

Strawberry runners don't have to be dormant to plant/transplant. They are very hardy. Just do not plant too shallow or too deep! I grab the crown in my fingers and hold no to it while I'm planting, so it doesn't get buried in soil, and I firm the dirt around the plant before I let go of that crown....yet I make sure the dirt packs right up to my fingers. If the crown gets buried it will rot, if it sticks up too high it will dry out and die. I sent the scanned pages to you that give a picture of the proper depth.

If she sends dormant plants they will look dead...plant them anyway, they will sprout lovely new leaves in the spring.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

EG: I'll be praying for your daughter! My dad had esophagal surgery a couple years ago, it was rough, but he got through it. Will be praying you guys up!!

Thanks for all the info granny. Do you have a special place to get plants? Didn't someone list a place to get seeds that's here in Oregon? Can you remind me what it is?

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I buy Ed Hume seeds off the seed racks here...not too expensive and I've had good luck with them. There is also a link to retail stores that carry the seeds...Fred Meyer is one, there are lots of others here:

http://www.humeseeds.com/retail.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Ed Hume Seed Rack

Original Author
    15 years ago

Granny - That's some great info. The lady who has the strawberries said they were June-bearing. I was kind of thinking about going with the day neutral like you're going to do for the same reasons you are. If they're going to take up a bed year-round, producing four times a year sounds great! I am still thinking about whether or not I really want to get her June-bearers or if I should just get the ones I really want, the day neutrals.

Blessings,
    Angela

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Angela, could you put her plants in a decorative container? The June bearers look pretty cascading out of a strawberry pot...or a barrel with holes drilled around the sides randomly, like in the photo I mailed you. How about growing them vertically in a strawberry tower? That would be a length of drainage pipe or sewer pipe with holes drilled in it. Can you edge flower bed with them? Can you send them to Granny? LOL!!!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Thanks, Granny, Medo, Angela, and Carolyn, and others. I talked to her today, they had her highly sedated and still - no change......The worst part is....her mother hasn't even been to see her! Can you believe that? We both live the same distance away from the hospital.....unbelievable.

I'll try to jump into the current discussion, and say that I've often thought about growing strawberries - but aren't they alot of work to maintain? Something about "turning the plants over each year", so you can deal with the runners? I must admit, I know absolutely nothing about them, other than the fact that my grandpaw had tons, when I was a little boy!

It appears that the posting on all forums is starting to slow down for the year.....that's a shame. Oh well, it's to be expected I guess....i'm sure the growing season is over for the year, for alot of people. But, I still feel that there are hundreds of people that just read, but not post....Can you imagine how it would be if everyone posted or chimed in on other's posts? It would be fantastic!

EG

Original Author
    15 years ago

Granny - Girl, you convinced me! I can find a way to put them here and if not, I can send them to you!

EG - You ain't kidding! I've gotten a couple emails from people who have just read our posts here, so I know some simply just read. It definitely is a great place to get info... and perhaps we're getting famous and didn't even know it? I can see "The famous EG" up in lights all over the internet someday... :-)

As for strawberries... hmmm... so far my research has shown me that there is a little maintenance to keep runners off, if you get the running kind, and protection from birds eating them (except for the yummy yellow varieties).... you know, it kind of looks like, as long as you get disease resistant ones, you're pretty much fine. Am I wrong, Granny / Carolyn / others?

Blessings,
    Angela

Original Author
    15 years ago

By the way, EG, I thought about responding to the fact that her mother hasn't come to see her, but chose not to thinking that it sure wouldn't help how you already feel... but, I am still praying for her... I'm very glad you got to speak to her, but I do hope that they find a way for her to improve soon... Thanks for the update and please do continue to let us know whatever you know...

Blessings,
    Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Hey Eg, is it possible that no one has contacted her mother, either? I worked in politics as a kid and I would get so busy I wouldn't call my mom for a month or so. Maybe she just doesn't know yet. In any case, will definitely keep praying for her and you.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Strawberries could be a lot of work...if that's what you want. But really, you could put them in at one or two to a foot and just let them mat and do their thing. When I grew them (and believe me, I'm NOT an expert when it comes to strawberries!) I let a four-foot wide row mat. After a couple of years, when they seemed to slow production, each spring I would remove a couple of strips (half) of the plants and recondition that bare soil and let new runners take over. The following year I'd remove two more strips of old plants...etc, etc. Easy, and the garden was renewing and getting fresh compost yearly. They don't root real deep, and with the loose friable soil we're using, bed renewal would be a cinch!

EG, I'm so sorry to hear your daughter hasn't improved. I wish we could all be there with you in person, for hugs and support.

I hope you guys don't retire from the forum when your gardens stop or slow down! We can at least keep the OT thread going. Angela, I also got an email from a man who said he always lurks. He said he agreed with the person who was upset about the "frivolity" on SFG, as he also just wanted serious answers. He felt it was a good idea to begin the OT thread for friendly discussion. I hope he doesn't care that I quote what he said..."Funny thing Annie, the first thing I click on now is OT. After reading these posts I feel that I am getting to know a few of you and do appreciate your skills and humor. Oh yes, I usually turn to your blog also." I wrote back and asked him to join us, but unfortunately he hasn't...

Granny

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Granny - do you mark off the squares in a strawberry or just plant them in a row a foot apart?

EG - you are in our thoughts and prayers - it is not easy to deal with when your children are hurting. Hang in there!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

bettyinga, I'll plant them 2 per square foot like this (plant = berry picture) and let one runner take over each empty spot (X) (One small square = 6"). Normally I would let all the runners take over wherever they want, but I'm really going to try to keep all but one per plant cut off next year.

{{gwi:1287209}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Granny's last garden blog of 2008

• medontdo
    15 years ago

EG is it possible that she don't have the cash or something like a ride to get there? ya know, just another possibility?
    i just can't believe that she isn't there, unless of course that they never told her because they got the feeling that your daughter and her weren't close at all and that she wouldn't care. just a thougt.
    i was thinking about using the last 55 gal drum for a strawberry tower. i think it'd be cool!! hmmm. i think i'd put some holes in the bottom. then some all around the sides. take out the top. THEN....put my "cage" inside.....fill it with hay or something. then on the outside put soil. then the strawberries. thinking about mixing it up. filling it halfway down. would that be about right. so the rest the runners would catch on??
    ohhh did i mention putting strawberries on the top? i think i'll keep the labels in there too.

Angela the one's i'm talking about came from the cataloge place. i can't remember right off the bat who it was. i do know i like them!!! LOL i think i took a pic of them. triple datura's are longer and ohhh so pretty!! to bad they didn't have a smell!! (ya know, a good one!! LOL) if i find one i'll show ya!! LOL it is gonna be in my photobucket!
    Granny you do have the best info!! WOO HOO!! you are just an angel!! i just hope that you know that!! **big smile**
    ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I wish I could give better info on the strawberries, but I only have a single lone plant in the front. I stuck it in there when I first moved in and I haven't touched it since. I think I've watered it twice, lol. It produces a couple of nice sized fruit every year and this is the first year it's even attempted to shoot out runners.
    I just ordered some scarlet runner seeds, lol. I'm dying to try them. I also want to try the purple bush beans, but burpees wants $7 for shipping, hello!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Carolyn, I had terrible luck with my Burpee seeds this year, but if you want to buy Burpee you can probably get them at Wal*Mart. I'm quite sure that's where I found them.

Medo, here's a strawberry barrel...

{{gwi:1287211}}

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hey....I wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I talked to her today, and still no change.....the doctors are contemplating sending her to UAB hospital....that's where the best doctors are in Alabama.
    I stopped bashing her mother several years ago, and won't do it now, either....However, I will state facts.
    1. She was the first one to know that she was at the hospital.
    2. Money is not a problem for her, because her assets total at least $1M. She has at least 10 different vehicles to choose from, if she decided to go to the hospital....This may not be alot of assets in some places in the US, but in Alabama - it's an assload......pardon my french.

As far as the emails from lurkers....I haven't received any. They must think i'm either weird, intimidating, or a stupid hillbilly. Regardless, I do what makes me happy. I create useful, and sometimes beautiful things with my hands and mind - hillbilly or not. Anyway, i'm gonna get off of here....I just wanted to say thanks to all of my gardening friends.

Jeff

• medontdo
    15 years ago

your very welcome!! and i hope you don't mind EG but i had to call in some prayer reinforcements on another friend, so i just added your daughter as well. i figure she needs all the prayers that she can get!! and i don't get emails either. :') so i think its my 3rd grade talk!! i'm very cool with that!! LOL i'm alot smarter than that!! believe me!!
    Granny thanks for the pic!! that's pretty cool looking!! ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Well, EG, Angela got "email(S)". I only got one, and I printed it out and stuck it on the refrigerator, 'cause it's probably the only one I'll ever get.

I'm having a horrid time trying to post tonight. I keep getting errors and can't get the pages to load. I think I'll have to unplug my modem and let it reset.

Granny

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Eg - hopefully, the new doctors will figure what is going on. I'm really sorry about the Mom situation and you can only do your best - that's all anyone can ask. Sending prayers your way!

Granny, I love the strawberry barrel and thanks for the visual on strawberry planting - that helps me alot! I want to plant strawberries in the Spring for our grandbaby - who will turn two in January. She will be my gardening buddy next year.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I have a grandson who is passionate about strawberries. I was growing them when he was just a toddler, and he wanted strawberries every time he came to Grandma's. He's ten now, and still wants me to plant strawberries. I'm actually thinking of doing two 4x8 beds next year...one with June bearing (for frozen berries and jam) and one with day neutral for fresh eating. I might end up moving that fence and adding more boxes yet!

Yesterday I moved my two blueberry bushes from their previous location to the garden. I put them in the two whiskey barrels I'd moved out there, between the berry beds. They look pretty next to the new cedar fence, especially when the sun casts their shadows on the wood, and I can really keep the soil more acidic there than where they were in the flower bed. I've already begun adding a mixture of coffee grounds and crushed egg shells to the compost and peat moss I planted them in. One of the bushes is looking sickly and didn't put much growth on this year, so I hope it does a turn-around in its new location.

Granny

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

That's a great idea about putting blueberries in whiskey planters. Another idea for me to ponder!!! I am already looking at a section of my flower bed which is across from my sfg area to be the project for the winter. I know my asparagus bed will be there so maybe blueberries could go there too - they are my favorite fruit. I am getting a little tired of flower gardening - I have had such a bad experience with weeds this year - my fault of course for not making time to get out there. Well, last week I had one free day so I weeded a huge section and this week, I am battling a bad case of poison ivy. I finally went to then doctor on Friday for cortisone treatment. So... my flower gardens may be getting smaller.

I want to thank you for the apple butter recipe you posted and helping me with the water bath process since I have no canning equipment. It all worked and I am so excited. I got 6 1/2 half pints of apple butter and they all sealed and they are beautiful!!! Not only does my house smell wonderful -- the apple butter is perfect. Many thanks!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I'm so happy the apple butter turned out well! Next year I'll do more canning, this year everything was just too late to fool with.

Here is a photo I just took of the blueberries. You can see the one on the right is looking very spindly, and it may have to be replaced next year. They were in the garden with my cherry tomatoes, and that one got completely entwined in tomato vine, which did it no good. The box in the middle is for next year's raspberries, the posts are in place for the wires that will contain the plants and one of the birdhouses I built will sit atop the nearest post. The box to the left will be my strawberry bed. The box just barely visible to the right was going to be veggies, but now I'm thinking more strawberries. To the left, out of the picture is a mound of compost about 8" across. I'm not yet sure what will go there...I had planned on winter squash, but now I'm thinking the sweet potatoes I was going to put in the barrels until I did the blueberries instead. There would be plenty of room for them to sprawl, and there will be tall sunflowers behind them.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Man that is gorgeous Granny!
    EG: Still praying for you guys!!
    I'm praying for you too Betty. Poison ivy is no fun!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh betty!! the poison ivy can be done with apple cider vinegar, if you put it on something, leave it on. trust me, don't take it off!! it'll burn!! its a natural antiseptic and a natural antibiotic. i kept mine on, and i kept changing my "pads" and in a few days the oozing had gone away. then i left it on one more day. it was gone. it didn't even leave a scar. i was really shocked. and thankful!! because it went from one part of my face to the other. diagonally. it sucked big time. i learned a huge lesson. don't dig up gooseberry bushes that are in thick woods!! LOL now, i laugh about it!! LOL ~Medo

Original Author
    15 years ago

Granny - Thanks for sharing what that guy thought and then how he read OT... neat... Also, thanks again for the extra info on the strawberries. Plus, that pic... very nice strawberry barrel.

EG... Or, should I call you Jeff now that you revealed your name? :-) - Thanks for the update. I do hope they get her to the best hospital... it's blowing me away that they haven't figured out what to do for her yet. Lord, have mercy! I may have to scuh-daddle my hiny over there and give them some thoughts...

As for the emails, I got more because I'm the favorite of the lurkers... hahahahaha!!!!!!!! ROFL.... JUST KIDDING! hahahahaha.... that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Actually, I think it's because I'm such a needy soul, others must want to write to make me smile more often or something... So, you guys that are the most secure in yourself and your gardens... well, no reason to write you off list... hee hee

I'm done for the evening, so I'll catch up with the rest of the posts tomorrow... not feeling my best...

Blessings,
    Angela

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Great photo - it's beautiful now but I can't wait to see it in the Spring full of plants. I really do like the blueberries in the half-barrels- you've got me thinking again!

Thanks for the prayers and Medo I wish I had know about the vinegar -- I would have drank the stuff if I thought it would cure me!!!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Well, I went to visit this evening, and have nothing new to tell. Thanks for all of the prayers everyone. Even the lurkers. :)

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i think there is enough yuckyness going around!! ok, whats up angela?? are ya still worried about that little one? ya know shes gonna be alright, we'll keep her in our prayers!! that them scar tissues heal or that GOD just does his work to make her transition into walking right. and as painless as possible. i haven't forgotten about hannah. i do think about her, i have been having things on this old lag bags mind!! LOL i'm worried about hubs spirituality, he doesn't go to church anymore. it wouldnt be a thing, it is his attitude that he has when i ask, and that he's fully awake. and he'd rather stay home and not do anything than spend one hour learning something about GOD. it only concerns me for the fact of i'm scared that his bad spirit might return, in order to understand that, you'd have to understand that when he was a teen him and a buddy messed with a homemade ouija board. and the shot glass flew accross the room when they were "done" and it busted on his turn. so that spirit has followed him ever since, and i've seen it in my dreams when we were living above my dads church, if i wasn't so christian it would have terrified me, but i've dealt with much scarier. but i have children now.
    ok that being said, i do worry about him. is it that, or his thyroid? is he just being mean al the time because of the thyroid, or that thing? yep, i'm griping and complaining!! AGAIN!! sorry.
    actually Betty, a friend drinks 2 oz of apple cider vinegar in her drink, what ever she chooses, most of the time its apple juice. she said. and its thru a straw. so she don't have to smell it! hee hee!!
    i mix
    1 prt apple cider vinegar
    4 prt purple grape juice
    4 prt apple juice
    mix in jug. take 2 oz every morn, AFTER breakfast. keep refridgerated. its supposed to lower your cholesterol. i know it keeps me regulated. LOL if the jalapeno's don't!! Hee Hee
    but the acv is great for your body!! i always feel great when i keep drinking this!! and have amazing energy!!

EG i just don't know what to say! you have a whole church plus my whole family praying for you and your daughter!! i guess we need to be praying that them docs find out what the heck is going on!! you'd think they would know! did she get bit by a mosquito? you know that dang virus is been a deadly one. it gives off the effect of the flu. are they transferring her did you say?

Granny i did see on one of those pbs stations, well we only get one!! Hee Hee that you put them blue berry bushes in a barrel, they grow better because you can control the acidity much better. that is what i need to do!! i wonder what size i could "get away" with? i have them 55 gal barrels that lester gave me that were cut into 1/3. so i think i have 2. and i want to grow 2 of the bushes that are for ks. i would like 3 bushes though!! LOL

hope ya'll have a great night ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Medo, What did you see on one of those PBS stations? Blueberries in a whiskey barrel?

My bushes are quite old, so they don't get big at all. The root system wasn't deep, either. Lots of roots, but not a long tap root. I hope they take well to the transplanting. I think they look so pretty, I'm going to empty the flowers out of a third barrel and put it back in the fruit garden and buy another blueberry next year. I always had three, but lost one a couple of years ago. I'm afraid that other one is on its way out, too...but I'll give it another year to see if it perks up. Losing that third bush might be why I didn't get a crop this year...it may have been the pollinator. I wish I knew what variety these were so I'd be sure to get a different one. I did dig up the old tag, and thought I might be able to read the faded writing, but one of the puppies found it and chewed it up before I got back to it!

It looks like I'll be in WA for two more weeks. Daughter went to the doctor yesterday, and he said the baby is not cooperating at all and he doesn't expect her to deliver by her due date (tomorrow). So they've scheduled her to go in Monday to have labor induced, with an expected delivery on probably the 20th. Mr. H will press me to leave as soon as the baby's born, but I'm not budging!

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yes. i sent you an email of the mix of what i saw, only it was not the pbs one. sorry, i couldn't find it. :'( ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Thanks, got it! Good information.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Stick to your guns granny! Babies get big too fast!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

OK, I made our hotel reservations for the 26th, so the plan is to leave early that morning. The first day is an 8 hour drive, the second day around 10 hours, which puts us home in AZ around dinner time on the second day. I had to reserve a "pet room" for the menagerie so I couldn't wait much longer, as they aren't always available. I hope the puppies behave in the hotel room...I might end up staying with them while Mr. H eats and plays, or else we'll have to take turns!

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhhh my!! a pet hotel room!! Hee Hee!! LOL now thats just a darned hoot!! LOL

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Medo, you'd be surprised how difficult it is to travel with pets. There is only one hotel between here and our AZ home where we can take the pets in, and this time of year it is freezing so we wouldn't leave them outside...not that I'd leave the puppies out anyway. The bunny was no problem, he has gone into many hotels inside my large purse, then resided in the bathroom where he couldn't do any damage. Rabbits don't make noise, so nobody knows he's there. He has also resided for several days in the back of the pickup (with canopy) in a parking garage, when the weather is temperate. Puppies can't do that, so our travels will be greatly restricted this year!

I just found out the lady who we could hire as a puppy sitter won't get to AZ until January. I'll really be ready for a vacation by then!

Granny

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Well, at least now you know when the baby is coming! I'm so excited for you. I know it will be so hard to leave. Best wishes to ya'll!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Alright...here's the latest. I am quite speechless, actually. The doctors in the Florence, Al. hospital know pretty much nothing about lap bands and/or complications associated with them - so, they have put in a phone call to the leading doctor in UAB hospital in Birmingham (great hospital), but the guy is on vacation.....He'll be back on Monday. Ain't that great? Again, i'd like to thank everyone for their support and prayers. It means alot to me.

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Oh, EG...that's terrible! Of course we're all praying for a full recovery for Brooke. Too bad the doctors can't speed it up a bit.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Yikes EG! I hope it will all be fine, but wow, how hard this must be. I will be praying for you.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OHHH EG!! i don't know what to say!! that's just wrong. ok, if she's not getting worse. then look at the bright side. at least these guys are smart enough not to try to do this or something themselves. so that's the upside. lets just pray that monday he can give ya some good news!! and its nice to know that she has a name.. everyone was wondering her name. i had nothing. LOL many hugs!! and many prayers and goood thoughts going to you and yours!! ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Thanks, everybody....Yeah, her name is Lacey Brooke. She sent me a text message about an hour ago, and said her mother came by. I can hardly believe it.....Sheesh!

On another note, I think it's about time to start a new OT thread. This one's getting pretty big! Who wants the honor?

EG

Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm reading all the posts, even when I'm not responding by typing, I am thinking about you all and praying for you when needed, like EG's daughter needs especially right now.

As for worrying about the spirituality of others, well, all we can do is be an example and pray for them. I know in my home that it has made a world of difference when I get closer to the Lord... that's all we can do as it's their decision about their own walk...

As for spirits, those that call on Jesus name can kick the BUTT out of anything that isn't off God... try that and see! We made a nasty spirit leave our current home... most people would have called it a ghost. It scared the crap out me for a long time, our tenants (before we moved in the home ourselves, we had rented it) gave us some really scary stories, too, but regardless they HAVE to flee, but ONLY IN JESUS NAME). (Okay, now that everyone thinks I'm crazier than before, I'll change the subject...)

Hannah just finished her second week (2 days a week) of tennis. The scar on her leg is mostly healed except at the bottom, but it looks like it's going to turn into a callus... not sure if that's good or bad, but sounds good to me right now... I may still have to go to Dallas to get an adjustment on her prosthesis.

I can't blame you, Granny, for wanting to be there for a little bit after the baby is born. You keep standing your ground, girl!

Well, I gotta run for now, so I'll check back and try to finish reading the posts...

Blessings,
    Angela

Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm really glad her mom came by... that's all I'm gonna say on that...

Okay, who's gonna start the new thread? LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Wow EG - how frustrating! Hopefully, Monday will get here fast and you will have some answers soon! Hang in there!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations