Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boyz_gw

How to get ready for Spring!

boyz
14 years ago

Hello everyone. A little background first. I am not really new to SFG. Several years ago I put in 4 beds and filled it with MM. I was so disappointed at how my plants did that first year. Especially looking right next door and seeing my neighbor's garden thriving in plain old dirt. :) The following year with some garden fertilizer, time and compost, my garden did much better.

Now we have moved and I am starting over again. Currently I am building my boxes and getting ready for spring. So I have a few questions.

1. When I prepare my MM in the spring, what would you recommend adding to it so I don't have a disappointing first season? (fertilizer etc.?)

2. Since we have only been in our new house several months I have not had time to start a compost pile. What can I do now to have some sort of compost that will be ready in the spring. I don't have a composter yet (will buy one at Costco come spring). I thought of maybe buying a few bags of compost and adding leaves, grass, etc. to it, but I will just have to have it on the ground. And we live in a very windy area. I don't know if that will work or not.

Any suggestions would be great! I so missed my garden this year and will be disappointed if I don't get many peas and tomatoes next year!

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored