Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniesgranny_gw

OT Grandbaby #8 Arrives

anniesgranny
15 years ago

She's here! Grandbaby #8 was born this morning at 11:55. She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces, 22 inches long, the second child of my youngest daughter.

{{gwi:1287427}}

Alicyn Paige: 20 minutes old.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Comments (35)

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Grats granny! She is SO beautiful! Mommy and baby are doing well?

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhhhh she's so cutee!!! give her LOTS of hugs and kisses from us!! and smell that hair, we love the baby smell!! and CONGRATS!!!! ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mom and baby are doing well. Birth was a bit rough...son-in-law said it's the only kid he's ever had that got pulled out with a toilet plunger!!!

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Yay! She's beautiful. It's about time! I wish it was easy for every woman that has a baby, but sometimes it's rather difficult. My Momma was unconscious for 3 days after she had me and my brother.

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

gee EG i wonder why?? LOL what were ya two? like 10 lbs? and at least 28" long? LOL just kidding!! **grinning**

how many hrs granny? did she at least take some pain thingi's?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - I was 5 lbs 6oz, and my twin was 5 lbs 9oz - born 5 minutes apart.

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh man!! was she lucky!! small baby's!! man, what in the heck did she feed ya? ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Then I went and put her weight down wrong...she was SIX pounds 14 ounces.

Mom and baby were doing well tonight. Yes, Medo, she had an epidural (sissy...I had all of mine with no drugs!). She went in the hospital at 5:30 last night, but didn't actually go into labor until about 1:30 this morning. Hard labor wasn't very long at all.

She's awfully pretty for a newborn, but DUH...she does look like her Granny :-D

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yes she is adorable!! isn't she!! **smiling** LOL
    my sil had an epidural. if i could redo my first one, i'd go no meds. crazy as it sounds, i liked feeling talla come out little at a time, every single little nook and cranny, arm, shoulder, ya know. all of her. it was weird and awesome at the same time!! now that i wouldn't trade for all the meds in the world!! even though she was painful!! LOL
    i'm so glad momma and baby are doing great!! that is just awesome!! now how long befor you are there?? or did you already make it down there? ~Medo

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, I'm gone for one day and look what happens!!!! Oh, my, she's BEAUTIFUL! Granny, she looks just like you! :-D

EG - Oh, dear heavens, there's TWO of you? I mean.... ummm... You have a twin? LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - i'm sure you'll have her building birdhouses in no time!

Angela - as to your question.... the answer is yes....I have an identical twin.

EG

• mike_in_paradise
    15 years ago

Congrats...

What a sweetie!

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Two of EG? Oh, my.

It's going to be awfully hard to leave that baby, but we're heading out early Sunday morning. I'm not ready to go at all! I haven't even begun packing stuff.

I'll be without an internet connection by Friday, 'cause I'll have to take my modem back. *Sniffle*...I'll be completely out of touch with you guys for at least four days, maybe longer. My neighbor called last week and said the library was closed for remodeling until January, and they are the only public place in town to hook up to high speed. So I hope the RV park across the street still has their satellite internet. I can get that intermittently, which is better than nothing at all, and they only charge me $10 a month. I wish they'd get a better modem (theirs has to be reset several times a day) and charge me more!

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - there's not 2 EG's....There's 1 EG, and the other that walks, talks, and looks exactly like EG - but has no other similar characteristics....Like night/day.

I know you don't want to leave the new grandbaby......must be tough. I'll certainly miss you during those 4 days traveling to AZ. Oh well....i'll just have to pick on someone else for a while.

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's blog

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank Heavens. I don't think I could handle two EGs!

Yeah, sure...you'll forget all about old Granny after about two days. Then I'll have to come down there and break your blogging arm ;-)

I'm concerned about traveling with Otter dog. When he gets in a car, he begins shivering and can't stop. My grandson once said "Grandma, why does your dog vibrate?" The poor little guy will be exhausted after 18 hours of travel! It doesn't bother Annie at all...but then, girls always were stronger and braver than boys. *smirk*

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hmm....I see....well, if you get your internet going in AZ, make sure you check your comments on your blog......It might take you 3 days to approve them all....hee hee. Oh! I can be a little stinker.....(quickrete, mailbox)

BTW....I wanted to give a progress report on my daughter if nobody minds....She's scheduled for surgery tomorrow, and it shouldn't be a big deal. The dr. at UAB immediately knew what was going on.....figures!

EG

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

I'll be out of touch until tomorrow...gotta go to memphis tonight to see that little band below (link) Anybody wanna souvenir? LOL

EG

Here is a link that might be useful:

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GOOD, on the daughter. So what were the earlier doctors, flunkies? Do they not know how to correspond, via email or fax, to someone who might just know what they are doing?

Bring me that GWAR guy in the middle, he can chop up my greens for the compost pile.

Granny

• jbest123
    15 years ago

EG, Ill put this group of my ancestors, up against the GWAR any day. Especially the tall one standing on the porch. Notice what the young boy is holding, I wonder if it is full of BMs?

John
    {{gwi:1287428}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

STOP IT! You're going to see GWAR?
    *sigh* When can you start taking children to things like that? 8, 10?
    Seriously, I'm jealous. Have a great time.

WOAH! I missed something somewhere. Surgery? What did they determine was wrong, EG?

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Granny - You're leaving sunday? Oooooh.... dear.... I do hope you can hook-up to the satellite connection or something! You can't leave us now, Granny... NOOOOOOOO, Don't go!!!!!!!!!!

EG - That's interesting that it's like night and day with your twin. Good! We only get ONE EG! hee hee.... Of course, that's all we can handle, anyways! LOL

Granny - You're hilarious! Don't break EG's blogging arm... hahahaha... He REALLY means what he says... And, he ain't the only one... I'm gonna miss you like nuts. I need to come to AZ for a week just to unwind when you get there... But, regardless, ain't no way I'm gonna forget about Granny, that's for sure! (And hee hee on the doggie comment about girls being stronger!)

EG - Oh, that's GREAT news! Praying even harder here....

John - Hahahahahahahahaha! Soooo, which BM are we talking about this time? hee hee

Ribbit - Don't take the kiddos with ya... they'll just ruin your fun.... (Of course, I'm just trying to protect them sweet babies) :-D

Blessings,
    Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Will be praying for you and your daughter EG! So glad they figured it out!!
    I'm pretty sure I dated one of those GWAR guys in highschool...at least they all look like the guys I dated in highschool.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, you sound like my grandson! Tonight I got the "I don't want you to go, Grandma. I'm going to miss you so much". But then I called my little sister, and she (who has never left her house in years) actually said they would like to drive down to spend Christmas with us! She only lives 120 miles from me and never comes to visit, but they want to drive 1200 miles? I wonder what she will do with her five Pug dogs. I was afraid to ask ;-)

Baby and Mama are home tonight, both doing great. The pediatrician was in to see the baby this afternoon and said she's strong, healthy, alert and gorgeous. He was pretty cute, too...dang, too bad I don't have some little ones. Bad Granny, bad.

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

How adorable Granny! Congrats! Spend a few days with the kid and their folks and then jump on the next plane/RV to Arizona. You've got a garden to start there, hehe.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, sinfonian. No plane. We're jumping into an already overloaded Ford Ranger next Sunday Morning. Won't it be fun, traveling with two puppies, a rabbit in a large cage, Mr. H's large air compressor and his big battery charger (some things a guy just has to take with him wherever he goes), the reverse osmosis water filter for the AZ house, fence posts for the immediate building of a safe place for the dogs to run, a 21" TV that wants to go south. I still have to pack clothes and what we can take from the kitchen. And the traveling garden! I have three plastic shoe boxes and a dishpan planted with greens for the rabbit, plus a tomato plant with a nice cluster of tomatoes on it in a big pot! I really do feel like Granny Clampett from The Beverly Hillbillies, except there's no room left for the rockin' chair!

Granny

• jbest123
    15 years ago

Granny, I also have a ford Ranger, there is no way that you are going to fit all that stuff in there. You must have a trailer also???(probably for Mr.H)? Why donÂt you get a Lap Top PC with WIFI, there are many places like McDonalds and/or coffee shops where you can get on the web? There is also Bluetouth but that can get to be a little pricy. We have to figure out a way to keep this forum active or it seams that many people move on. Has anybody heard how EGs daughter is doing.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

John, all that stuff is in there, and we've been doing it every year for seven years! No problems...we really know how to pack it in. In fact, this year we bought one of those pods to put on top of the canopy, so a lot of stuff that normally goes in the back is now in that. There is always something unexpected making the trip down. Last year it was a shelf unit for the laundry room, the year before it was a computer desk, this year it's fencing for the pups.

There's still room left for the plants, and the coolers are empty and waiting for the frozen foods. I even have my toolbox back there, as well as a couple of lawn chairs and a side table!

This is behind the front seats (extended cab). The rabbit cage fits there, with the puppies' area on top of it. All that needs to go back here now is the laptop and the overnight bag, which fit on the floor next to the rabbit cage.

I do have a laptop with WIFI, but the little town I live in is nearly 50 miles from a public WIFI. We have it at our little library, but it is closed for remodeling until January. It's possible I'll have to get dial-up, but I sure hope not. Last I heard the RV park across the street from us still had satellite reception, which is how I accessed last year.

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

I'm back home.....whew...

My daughter had surgery today, and the doctor said she will get better in no time! I'm so relieved....Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Although I have a pretty big vocabulary....i'm struggling to find the words, so that I can properly explain what I witnessed last night at the GWAR concert.
    Granny - concerning the 2 long blades protruding from the shoulders of the guy in the middle (singer)....I know that you want to get him to cut your greens for ya, but....what he actually did with them, was took a life-sized baby doll, ripped it in half - then impaled each half onto the blades.....then, just kept on singing...Hee Hee. Their stage show was the most horrific thing i've ever seen....I saw fake beheadings of politicians, with the torso just spraying blood all over the entire crowd....Yeah! It rocked!!!! When me and my 13 year old stepson walked out of there, he looked at me, and said "I really need a hug right now" HA!

John - that's a neat photo....he's probably holding a jug of white lightning, or wildcat whiskey...

ribbit - Yeah.....it was a complete bloodbath!!! And the music was excellent! Sound was good, too. I'll definitely take the other kids, if they come around again....Woo Hoo!

Angela - yep, there's only 1 EG. The other is much different, and not as fun/friendly as I am. We haven't spoken in several years.

Carolyn - I got a big surprise today......a card! I'll share it with my daughter....that was very kind, thank you. So you think you dated one of the GWAR guys? I hope it wasn't the one in the middle.....he did things that I can't even share on here....his costume says it all....

Granny - I just caught what you said about that pediatrician....bad granny....lol

EG

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

I'm a believer that a GWAR show is something that you have to experience at least once in your life.

Makes you feel like a totally normal person.

Ok, just more normal than you were before the show.

I once went to a show (can't remember the name of the group to save my life) but they simulated live births, tons of people being put on stakes/pikes and more yucky stuff. They handed out slickers and face masks at the door.

Apparently I didn't put mine on fast enough.

I wasn't so much horrified by the stuff they did on stage so much as the fact that SOMEONE was going to have to clean up after them. I kept looking around at all of the flunkies hanging around and wondering who the poor sap would be.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

EG...what good news! We were all pulling for her.

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - she might get to come home tomorrow, but will need to take it easy (of course), and eat liquid foods for a couple of weeks. After that, i'm gonna get her to come over, and we'll fire up the grill.....We cook real good on this property...

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm worn out tonight, what with the two days of running over to the hospital, trying to get stuff packed up in the Ranger, doing all the laundry and housekeeping, cooking for two families and delivering to one of them 20 miles away (daughter's family for two nights). I'm ready to collapse tonight! Childbirth is hard on us old ladies, I tell ya.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Oooh, I'm so glad to hear EG! Our prayers are definitely with you. Nah, I didn't actually date one of em, they just all look like the guys I dated in highschool, lol. Remember punk rock? That's when I grew up. Every generation comes up with a "new" way to shock the previous generation, lol.
    Aaaw granny, we'll miss you. It would be so hard to leave that baby, lol. But, I can imagine that it might be better for your health.

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

EG: I am so thrilled your daughter is doing well after her surgery. Thank goodness she found a doctor that knew what to do!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Betty, carolyn - yep, she's home. Thank goodness....

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz