Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

OT- shuda been a peanut farmer like JC

jbest123
15 years ago

I was sitting on the porch sipping on my BMs in the rain and watching the squirrelÂs burry peanuts in my SFG beds. They would take them from the feeder and eat two and burry ten. Then the thought hit me, with no till, no weeding, letting the squirrels doing the planting and just harvesting peanuts, life would be a dream. Lets see, Jiffy-no taken, Skippy-no taken,---Ahhhhh, Squirrley Peanut Butter. Maybe IÂll move down to EGs neck of the woods????

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Comments (8)

• mike_in_paradise
    15 years ago

Too late.. There already was a Squirrel peanut butter which I remember eating...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Squirrel was a Canadian brand of peanut butter which was manufactured by Best Foods Canada from the 1980s (or earlier) until approximately 2000.

The brand was known for containing one whole peanut which lay on the top of the peanut butter when the jar was first opened, hence the slogan "The One With The Peanut On Top!" and for the "peanut points" which may be collected and redeemed for prizes. The mascot was a brown squirrel wearing a green sweater, smiling and holding a peanut.

After Best Foods was acquired by Unilever in the early 2000s, the brand was discontinued. Skippy, another brand of peanut butter manufactured by Best Foods, was temporarily renamed "Skippy the Squirrel", featuring a redrawn squirrel on the label (Skippy had previously used a stylized peanut as its mascot); however, the peanut on top was eliminated. Eventually, Skippy the Squirrel reverted to its original name (Skippy) as it is seen today and features the redrawn squirrel; however the inner freshness seal has a cartoon image of the original likeness of the squirrel.

Here is a link that might be useful: About Squirrel Peanut Butter...

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Hmm..I could have a walnut farm. The squirrels do the same here with walnuts, and I have trees popping up everywhere. The squirrels love to run atop the new fence, over to the raspberry bed, down the post and into the yard. That's where I'm putting one of the bird houses next spring, betcha it turns into a squirrel house, which is OK by me.

John, I did a double take over you drinking your BMs....then it dawned on me you meant Bloody Marys!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• carolynp
    15 years ago

ROFL! I find peanuts buried here all the time, although, I've never seen any peanut plants. These guys must travel.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

John - come on down! I've got tons of squirrels.....I counted 13 in the same tree one time. Don't know about the peanuts though.....grandpaw used to grow alot of them, but I was a little boy then....So, I don't know anything about raising them. What about his brother, Billy? We could make moonshine.....

EG

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I had an aunt who used to make white lightning. Man, that was some nasty stuff. It killed her before she was 55, she used to hide it all over her house, and even in shoe boxes at her clothing store.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mike, what a coincidence I may be a long lost heir to the Best Foods fortune. Hey EG, forget the peanut farm, I may be moving to Canada.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Ha! I thought about them BM's he was drinking, too! ROFL!

I wish I had a peanut squirrel farm and a squirrelly walnut tree or two.... aaaaaah.... dreaming in the rain....

Blessings,
    Angela

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

You know what? My stupid zone shows up still as 7 on this computer when I changed it at the website when I was on the other computer... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???? I must look like a retard to you guys that has no idea what zone she is in from one day to the next... UGGGGH

...Off to change my zone on GW on this computer, too... that's soooo odd...

Blessings,
    Angela

Sponsored