Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniesgranny_gw

OT 10/16 Look at Annie!

anniesgranny
15 years ago

Mr. H yelled at me to come look at Annie. She was walking down the hallway wearing her bed! She'd chewed a hole in it and stuck her head through the hole. She was so happy with herself, tail wagging like mad. I grabbed the camera, but I was laughing so hard I didn't get a good pic of her coming down the hall, just a couple of shots after she got into the kitchen. I was laughing so hard I peed my pants!!! But don't tell anyone...shhhhh!!!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie in her dress!

Comments (35)

• carolynp
    15 years ago

LOL, that is hysterical granny!! She is so cute!

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

Granny maybe if you both stand at the door and bark, Mr H can get you both outside in time. LOL

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

LOL! She and I have some things in common, I think! I chewed a hole right through my own bed and can't get out of it now... hee hee... or was that the bed I made for myself that I can't get out of it... or however that saying goes.... hahahahaha

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

soonergrandmom - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, that was sure funny! Good one...

Granny, we love ya... I won't tell stories of when I peed my pants, but let's just say that you're not the only one! LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

soonergrandmom, you almost made me do it again ;-)

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Angela, it wouldn't let me respond on the other post, lol: I was actually referring to the anti-pvc crowd. I think I qualify as a pvc nut. These are the heirlooms I got, email if you want a few. I actually just got around to mailing you the last batch, lol. This goes out to all of you, I'm willing to part with half of anything I got. For some of these, that would only be 5 seeds or so, sorry. These are all on the bakerseed website if you guys want to look at the descriptions.
    Minnesota midget melons
    Straightneck squash (boring, but necessary)
    Bloody butcher seeds (50 day, btw)
    scarlet runner beans
    stowells evergreen sweet corn
    royalty purple pods
    Boston pickling cucumber
    Tomatillo verde (the picture on the package is purple, but these are green)
    blacktail mountain watermelon

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

I LOVE the snoot in the air!! That's pride if I ever saw it. I may look in to a contraption like that for myself!

Our GDane has to "redecorate" his bed before he lays down. He has to take it in his mouth and throw it a few times in the air.

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ribbit, it was the attitude that was so cute and funny! She acted like she was sooooo proud and pretty. She just strutted around with that bed on her, and she had it positioned just perfectly, too. Her brother was not impressed, he was trying to get it off of her.

Granny

15 years ago

LOL! I wish I could have seen her firsthand, Granny!

Ribbit, that's sooo funny that they have to "make their bed" before they lie in it. That's what I said earlier in the thread that I seem to do a lot... making my bed, then having to lie in it... hee hee

Carolyn, that's a nice list! I had some of those I would have loved to have blessed you with, girl! I have some purple ones, but not the royalty purple pods... those look great... If you're happy with 5 of some of the things I have, I am going to be sooo excited putting your package together, girl! You're such a joy, Carolyn... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the package from you... it took me a minute to figure out who it was from because it didn't have your name on it anywhere! You little sneaky booger, you! :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I'm glad you got it Angela! You are very deserving. On a light note, my hubby saw it and said "Aren't you going to decorate it?" ROFL, look what you started EG!! I was just happy to finally get it mailed. You don't need to send me anything Angela, I've got SO much more than I need, lol. The only other thing I'm hoping to find are some nice bush beans. Since Granny told me that they produce more, I can't stop thinking I should go look for some.
    Do any of you guys think about selling some of your extra at farmers markets like that one guy was saying?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Wha? Me? Oh! The singing box......hee hee.

Do any of you guys think about selling some of your extra at farmers markets like that one guy was saying?

Are you talking about seeds or plants?

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Or produce? I dreamed I was selling my garden produce in my driveway every Saturday. I was charging $1 a pound for anything the customer wanted, and I had six pounds to sell. BUT it was costing me $5 for the city permit to sell it, so I was making a buck a week!

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Granny - you're weird.....heh.

EG

• jbest123
    15 years ago

For 50 years, I have been giving away my extra veggies. For 15 years, I would take them to work in the paper shopping bags. During the past 35 years, I put them on a shelf on the fence in the alley with a "Free" sign on them. The record time to empty a 16" X 36" shelf full of veggies is 8 mins. Except for the people that I handed them to personally, I have not recd. one thank you, a market pack or a pack of seeds. It makes me wonder, why I do it. After all the veggies would make very good compost. Oh well IÂll do it again next year, maybe someone will raise their hand and say Hi.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's terrible, John. Maybe you could donate to a local food bank or senior center instead of giving it to the ones who don't appreciate it enough to at least say "thanks".

I give my extra veggies to my next door neighbor and she rewards me with jars of jam, pickles, relish and salsa, plus little gifts of homemade breads and desserts! I think she gives back more than she takes. It's funny (odd) but we've been neighbors for 20 years, and only became friends last year. Before that, we'd say hello and visit for a few minutes over the back fence, but nothing actually "friendly". She's ten years older than I, and until a couple years ago spent most of her time golfing. The other day, when I told her we'd be leaving next week, she actually got teary eyed and said she wished we weren't going, as she had enjoyed our friendship so very much this year. They are in the process of rebuilding the shared fence between our property and theirs, one of the fences my maple tree flattened, and they are having a gate put in this time to make it easier for us to visit back and forth. She's also seriously planning on putting in a garden next year, as she's enjoyed mine so much.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Oooh, that is SO cool granny!
    I was actually talking about the veggies. I've had a bunch of people at the church asking me for seedlings next year. One lady is going to give me a loaf of bread for each tomato seedling! A loaf of store bought will last me three weeks, homemade is lucky if I can save it for two days.
    I'm terrifically sorry about that John. You reap what you sow, though, I have no doubts that you will be rewarded for your efforts. There's an old couple a bit away from us who sell 20lb boxes of apples for $6. They just put a cart out and a box and it's the honor system. We always stop and talk to them (they're mid to late 80's) and he always comes up with a bag of something else (pears, tomatoes, eggs...) to give us. They are just the nicest people and people are always coming out just to talk to them. I am always hoping to give them something nice, but I can never imagine what they might want. Someday, you just might find yourself surrounded by young families who drop in to talk to you because of all the awesome produce you leave out for them or because they remember those fantastic tomatoes you gave them. I guess that could be a curse, too, lol.
    What's a market pack?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

John - All I have to say about your extra veggies is one word....Trebuchet. Build yourself a nice trebuchet, and launch the extra veggies all over the neighborhood....They won't know where they're coming from. You might even get lucky and knock a kid off of a bicycle every once in a while...That should give a whole new meaning to sipping on a good bloody mary. Heh.

Granny - your neighbor sounds really nice....Maybe you and her can hop in that ford ranger, and roll a few yards together before going to AZ. That's what I would do, if I had a neighbor......Boy, I sure do have a little bit of mischief in me today, don't I? I guess i'm the evil twin today.....

EG

• jbest123
    15 years ago

Granny and carolynp, I have experienced the same thing with friends and neighbors. That is what makes it all worth wile. I am talking about the people driving up and down the alley, who are not from the neighborhood. Although, that should not make any difference.

carolynp, a market pack is those little black plastic containers that you see with either 4 or 6 seadlings.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

15 years ago

Ooooh, I didn't know what a market pack was, either! LOL

And, John, for the record... if I were still driving up and down alleys looking for freebies and got veggies, I'd be elated! I would be stalking your house, saying hi all the time, and thanking you profusely! You'd probably want to run away from me thinking I was some kind of a nut!

Carolyn, you got bush beans coming! hee hee... Don't argue, I really want to... plus, a couple things I think you might like to grow. It's just so fun to get one of these gifts in the mail!

That's great about your neighbor, Granny.... kind of sad, too, but I can understand... I'm not THAT close to any of my new neighbors here as I was in my old neighborhood. We were practically like family over there (and still are to this day). I think we're the friendliest bunch of folks in our whole neighborhood. Most people are close to us than their other neighbors, but yet I feel we're none of us are that close. I think it's sad as being a neighbor used to mean so much more than it does now.

Blessings,
    Angela

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, I miss all of my old neighborhoods. Where I am now is rather rural, the edge of town, still some pastures separating many of the homes. Having lived here twenty years, it's sad that I've only met the people behind us once and that was when the fence got knocked down. They were real nice when I offered them all the wood from the maple tree for their wood stove, but once they got it all stacked onto their property there was no thank you from them, nor did they bother to speak again. In all of our previous homes I had a lot of friends. I guess that's one reason I enjoy going to Arizona in the winter, as I have so many friends there, and something going on all the time.

EG, any news on your daughter? I'm starting to get nervous about my baby girl going into the hospital tomorrow to give birth to her baby girl.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Will be praying for you too Granny! I can only imagine. It's easier to go through tough things than to watch your kids go through them.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

I talked to her this evening, and she has a small opening now....it's taking a long time to heal. The Dr. is talking about transferring her to Huntsville or Birmingham. Other than being a little depressed, she's doing ok.

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

EG, that at least sounds promising. I think depression at this point is pretty normal, you can imagine this has been really hard on her both mentally and physically. Just give her lots of love and encouragement, that's what she needs now.

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Thanks, Granny - I check on her everyday. On another note.... I just posted my pictures of the garden today on my blog, and the post isn't there....that's so weird. I'm gonna give it a little while for wordpress to update, and check it again....It was a good post, too!
    BTW...I watched that video of the men playing music, and it was pretty good. I think it would have been better if there was a little bit of blood and pyro. Hee Hee

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

this is good EG :')
    Granny your lil Annie is so adorable!! ya just want to take many pics of her and i'm seriously thinkin i woulda been doing the same thing, i think that's why i don't have a dog, i woulda been crossing my legs as i was taking the pic!!
    i do that sometimes when i laugh!! i have to if i'm laughing to hard!! LOL
    last night in the er tabor was trying not to laugh, his ribs have a handlebar mark on them, he decided to play tackle with them, he lost to say the least, so we had to make sure he had no internal injuries as hard as he hit, well he was tryin not to laugh, and i couldn't help myself, i had to laugh, wich made him laugh, which made me laugh, and it went back and forth, nect thing ya knew i couldn't breathe because i was laughing so hard,crossed legs and all!! LOL and tabor hated me!! cuz his sides hurt so much. LOL good news is that he has only spranged ribs, WHEW!!!
    but i bet that boy won't play with potholes anymore!! LOL in the muddpuddles. man that was the funnest things when i was a kid though!! LOL and yep!! he was wearing a helmet.
    my angels trumpets are finally done. didn't even know that!! they are sneaky stinkers!! LOL ~Medo

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo, that was so mean! Poor tabor, I know my ribs hurt when I was laughing so hard at Annie, I can't imagine how it would feel if those ribs were already sore and bruised.

EG, the man sitting next to the guy that was singing celebrated his 90th birthday this year. They are father and son, and quite a talented duo. Lots of fun.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Me??? Mean?? how do you figure??? i was just laughing at him!! he laughed first!! it wasn't MY fault!!! LOL he just thinks i'm funny!! LOL Looking as he say's, LOL i can't help it if i stick my tongue at him and turn my head sideways and make googly eyes and everything else at him!! LOL
    i just wanted to keep his mind off of his pain!! LOL it was till he laughed!! LOL he was busy thinking how much of a dork i was!! LOL **grinning** ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

geezh he;'s doing so good that he's out helping the neighbors picking up their roofing stuff. hmmm.....fast healer?? or all the praying? or all the worrying?? myabe all the laughing i'm making him do?? LOL i don't give him a chance to sit and sulk or anything. that's for darned sure!! LOL and i did put vinegar on that wound. and around it. maybe all of the above??

on another note, i've gotten the bottom part of the gh put together and waiting on the dirt. but now i'm gonna go ahead and just start putting everything else together as much as i can. till the dirt gets here. just not the door part. smart or not smart?? ~Medo who is very very anxious!!!! LOL

15 years ago

Granny - I bet you do miss your friends back in AZ. It really is sad that after as long as you've been there (20 years), that people still haven't gotten close even after you putting a friendly, sharing foot forward, too. Ugggh

EG - Thanks for the update. She's been on my mind a whole lot lately. I pray that they get her to one of the other hospitals soon and that she gets what she needs to heal.

Medo - I hope Tabor feels better soon. OUCH! And, girl, don't let him be helping with roofing jobs right now... That boy needs to fully heal up! And, congrats on the greenhouse progress! I can't wait to see pics!

On another note... I'm very down and depressed... I am sure you guys don't know me well enough to know what on earth is up with me, so I thought I'd let you know how I've been feeling. To sum it up, I'm just simply overwhelmed. One thing at a time, I will get through this, but right now, it just feels like I'm climbing a mountain as big as the state of TX... when I look up, it's just impossible to climb it, why bother?... but, I have to... sooooo, I start up and take a good couple good strides up as quick as I can, just to slide right back down... I look back up at this monster mountain and try and try again, just to slide down over and over... Well, what do you think I'm thinking next time I look up and see what's ahead? Why bother.... I'm never gonna climb this sucker!... anyways,.... that's where I'm at if anyone was wondering...

It also looks like we will be heading back to Dallas for another appointment soon for Hannah... I have a lot of trades, Lions' Club stuff, and house stuff to wrap up before I go... uggggh...

Blessings,
    Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Well, they transferred my daughter to UAB hospital last night....hopefully they will do her some good. I feel much better now, as she is finally in capable hands. Thanks for the support, everyone.....

Angela -i'm so sorry for your problems...I wish there was something we could do for ya.

On a different note....tonight is the night i've been waiting for....It's to memphis, to see GWAR!

EG

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, dear Angela. Like EG, I wish there was something we could do. Just let it all out, and we can listen.....sometimes that's what one needs, someone to listen. I used to have dreams that I was climbing stairs, and my legs were so tired I just could not lift them to take one more step. I'm sure that's how you feel, Angela, but you know what? Even in those dreams I would eventually make it to the top of the stairs. You'll make it to the top of your mountain. It will be difficult, but you will make it.

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Have you ever seen this one Angela? It made me think of you today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEGNPhskfRo

15 years ago

Oh, I'm so glad they tranferred her, EG. She's still in my thoughts and prayers.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their sweet words, thoughts, and prayers in my direction as well. You guys are the best. I may not be on much for a little while, but I know you guys understand. I'll try to check in every now and then, I promise. You all mean SO much to me.

Blessings,
    Angela

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

Angela, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Just think of that beautiful sunrise when you do climb that mountain.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya know, Angela, i was feeling that way the last couple of weeks!! that's for sure!! then tabor had his thing, so i put down the laptop. put EVERYTHING on hold. and did all the housework, didn't stop till the laundry was done, all of it. and hung out on the line, folded, and actually put away!! amazing since i hate doing that!! LOL
    then it was onto the very next worst room, while i was waiting. then the next. and so on. then it was vac. the walls and corners from the ceilling down. i hate dust bunnies, i am so allergic and so i had to take the stuff off of the couches and all and vac them out. i mean heck why not?? then i learned a valuable lesson, i could not function in a messy house. so now they do their danged chores BEFOR bed or some danged drawers are pulled down and get the buns smacked with my bare hand. which talla totally hates the thought of anyone touching her buns!! LOL so imagine the cleaning getting done!! LOL
    then i was supposed to host a round robin next month, but with tabor being out, or so i thought, forgot about youth being on his side, LOL
    i cancelled it. so i am also learning to say, hey!! i have to opt out, i am way to busy and overwhelmed even though i totally hate to do this!! and believe me, this is something i NEVER do.
    my problems were
    1. the dirty house
    2. the round robin
    3. the kids's schedual
    4. that gh
    which has all been resolved but the gh.
    but my factor, (get this) crystal light "focus"
    i kept drinking it all day. and believe it or not i was totally in focus!!!
    so now i keep that stuff around and i don't have so many down days as i did. well. its only been since friday. but that's a start. LOL
    i am TOTALLY here if you want to talk anytime!!

EG i am so happy that your daughter is at a real hospital!!

i hope you get to enjoy that concert!!

also Angela it says in the Bible that GOD will never give you more than you can handle, i cling to that like you wouldnt believe!! LOL
    and know that he will give you the strength that you need, you just have to be there to ask for it. and believe that he will give it to you. don't make promises. or anything. just ask. then just do!! :') leave the computer off all day. totally. leave all things but say the house alone, devote that to whatever it is that needs done, crank the music and clean!! (that's my thing!! LOL) then if it takes more than one, so be it. then take however long to do the liones club thing. many many (((((HUGS))))) ~Medo
    hope ANY of that helps, its just what i've kinda JUST learned. so i'm new to this method of madness!! LOL ***huge grinn***

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!