Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelady777

OT - Happy Veteran's Day!

Google has the coolest graphic today to represent this wonderful holiday. All the branches are represented.

My daughter did a wonderful Veteran's Day program at her school. It literally brought the audience to tears. I'm glad all the veterans that came enjoyed it.

There was even a guy that survived the USS Indianapolis disaster. I tell you, it's amazing what our servicemen/women do for our country putting their lives on the line.

Blessings,

Angela

Comments (9)

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

I am also very thankful for the armed service men and women, and their many contributions. However, Veteran's Day always reminds me of the 3rd degree burns, skin grafts, and scars that were caused on this holiday when I was only 13. Some holiday I had........talk about a real bummer.

EG

• carolynp
    15 years ago

No doubt! Praise the Lord for the amazing sacrifices of our armed forces. We had friends from Korea who told us only a few of the things they had to go through because they were Christians: their daughter was taken from them and given to relatives when they left for the US. They had every reason to believe they might never see her again. Fortunately, the relatives risked their lives (and one went to prison) to return their daughter to them in the US: we have been so fortunate to worship as we please. We are the most free society in the world and it is because our soldiers risk their lives to hand us that freedom.
    OK, what did you DO eg?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Carolyn - all i'm gonna say, is that even at 13 - I had alot of creativity in me, and I wanted to satisfy my mischevious side, as well. It was self inflicted, of course.....such a retard.......

EG

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, dear, EG... I am sure that I do not want to know. I am so sorry you have such bad memories today. This is crazy, but my brother died on labor day weekend, so of course, that holiday had some horrible memories for me, but I turned that right around. I was tired of my mom and others all being so depressed around labor day that I chose that weekend to get married so it would bring good memories to my family and me. I THINK they're still good memories... hahahahahaha... I guess it depends on what you think of my marriage now, doesn't it? LOL! Although, seriously, you might consider doing the same thing and making some good memories on this holiday.

Oh, and EG, how's the plans on that shredder coming? I'm gonna want to borrow them.... :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Unless I miss my guess EG, the act was fun, but the consequences, not so much so, eh? LOL, did a couple of those my self as a wee chittlen...

Original Author
    15 years ago

So, how's everyone doing today? What's going on?

Granny, are you still reading messages, just not able to post as much?

Blessings,
    Angela

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I'm here, Angela. The WIFI goes down every Sunday, with nobody at the RV park there to reset the router every few hours, but most of the rest of the time it has been holding up OK. I'm just really busy right now, with building the fence to keep the pups safe, and also building in the end of the porch to keep them from escaping that way. I've been dog tired and in bed by 9:30 most nights, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Must install gate hardware, post caps, solar lights and rope light on front porch, and lay some 12"x12" concrete stepping stones for a path from front gate to porch. Then I think I'll have no more major projects!

I have a small container garden planted on the south side of the mobile home. It remains to be seen if anything grows :-)

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for checking in, Granny! Yes, it does sound like you've been very busy. Please, drop by EG's blog when you get a chance to pay your respects during this time of loss... Poor, EG... He must be crushed... I remember so many posts about his buddy...

I'm glad you're getting so much done, Granny. I need to plunge in and get more done here, too. Several of my plants need repotted, my house needs some touch-ups, and I have just GOT to start that make-shift greenhouse before it's too late. I can't give up gardening yet! I just barely started!!!

Blessings,
    Angela

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Hey everybody. Thanks for your kind words. I miss my buddy, and will build him a memorial by the garden. It's just not the same....

EG

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH