Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT graphics

Posted by jbest123 Zone 5 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 16:16

While setting on my butt trying to get over the worst head cold I have ever had, I have been playing around with Google Sketch up. If you have a problem with your spouse visualizing a verbal description of your imagination, I would recommend it very highly. You can produce a 3D solid model of your thoughts. When completed, you can pan, zoom and/or orbit the drawing in 3D solid and view it from any angle.

The first image is a photo of the composting area.
PB060806

The second image is the conception drawing of the composting area ( after the fact).
compost

The third image is of my gardening area included with downloaded trees to represent my orchard. I can pan, zoom and/or orbit any area of the drawing just as the composting area.

John
SFG

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT graphics

Very cool John! Usually my spouse can't picture what I want because I haven't decided yet, lol. It looks really neat!! I have a great amount of planning to do, yikes! Hubby finally relented and now I can use 3'x 22' in the front yard. I'll put that program to good use.

o
google sketchup

I used Google Sketchup to do the profile of the property scanning in the survey.

Not a bad tool but I did not find it intuitive to use.

Of course seeing as it is free I cannot complain.

Gee I guess I need to add all the square foot gardens to this some day.

o

i'll have to check it out as soon as i get my laptop back, your sketches look pretty cool!! my hubs would freak if he could look into my mind!! i think he'd turn white and pass out then call the doctors in the white coats!! Hee hee!! **big huge grinn**
ohhhh your talking for sketching the garden?? **another grinn** yep he'd still freak!! i want to take up most of the yard with them sfg's!! with flowers and gardens. LOL ~Medo

o

Wow, very cool! Now tell me again why you don't have a house at the top of that hill? Hehe. Thanks!

o

Wow, John, that is bad to the bone! I am definitely going to play with that after I play with Print Artist. :-)

Mike, incredible... even looks good when it's not a real pic... hee hee

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hehe, I just noticed that you're surrounded by some couple. Whatever they want, you should give it to them, they've got you surrounded! EEK! hehe

o

Quote: Wow, very cool! Now tell me again why you don't have a house at the top of that hill?

Well tell you what, when I win the lottery I will! LOL

If I build it will be behind the cabin beside the fenced square foot cabin about 150 feet in from the road.

Any more than that and you cannot hook into the sewer services for the town as the first floor of the property has to be 2 feet over the center line of the road. Also the top of the hill is about 800 feet in from the road. I would have to put in a well and septic.

One of the really nice things about this property is that is has water, sewer and high speed internet at the doorstep.

Also the hill is till pretty wooded.

Of course most of the property was all bush when I bought it.

When you see the cleared space that is the result of a couple of years of cutting, chipping , burning and stump pulling.

I have been clearing the lot lines and underbrushing as the bush is thick enough that is can be difficult to walk through.

o

as soon as i get my pc back i'm going to download that in to it. i seen it but didn't bother. LOL man, i can't wait!! `Medo

o

Mike, I totally get the lottery thing. But boy, you're one MAJOR step ahead of me by already owning the property. And what a beautiful piece of property with great veiws you've got!

As for services, at least you don't have to bring them from town. I know, bringing them up the hill is bad enough. Hehe you could always live off the grid there.

As for all the clearing, great work! Sounds like a work in progress. Way to go!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here