Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

eMails that do not make sense.

jbest123
15 years ago

A poster on this forum has received emails from me that I did not send. Has anybody else received any emails from me that did not make sense?

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Comments (10)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

All the emails I have been receiving come from the same computer! The properties on each are identical. The only difference is the originals come from "john.best" and your replies come from "John"

There were only two. One was concerning a comment I made to John's blog, the other (today) concerned a SFG post.

Granny

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

The reason it shows up as being sent from a different person (what usually shows up in bold before you open an email either be it a name or an email address) depends on the server from which it was sent. If you send it from say Outlook Express (pop), it will appear one way. If you send it through a web site interface (Imap)like if you go to AOL.com's website and send something from there, it can show up in an inbox differently.

However, if the email addresses from which the messages are being sent are completely different, then this wouldn't apply. As well, if you most certainly didn't write the emails, you may have a bug that's gotten to your contact list.

Clear as mud?

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I don't think a bug would be specific about the content...

"Hi Granny, your comment went under the wrong post. Could you resubmit it? I shutter to think about all I forgot." Which came some time after I had put a comment under the wrong post on John's blog. John later found he had sent this email much earlier, but it had hung up somewhere probably a fault of his isp. This one was from john.best I responded via "reply" and it went directly to John.

"Granny, please when you have time please check out my last post on the gardenweb SFG forum." This one came right after John posted about his back porch, the BM and horse manure. This one was from john.best I again responded via "reply" and it went directly to John.

The headers from both those emails are identical to the replies from John stating he hadn't sent them.

Granny

• medontdo
    15 years ago

if he has wireless then maybe someone has acessed it and has been having fun. or maybe someone has been having fun with his pc? grandkids? neices, nephews, ma? LOL Johns left hand?? LOL
    maybe your pc got tired of not being used and just decided to do some talking of its own today?? LOL **big grinn** ~Medo

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

When you post, or actually I think it's only when you're the originator of a post, there's a box you can check that says something like click here if you want to be notified when someone replies or something like that. Could this just be an automated response?

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

granny, I think an exorcism on your computer is necessary. That's just weird....

EG

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The first thing I did was to check the properties of the eMails but that information is included with the eMail when transmitted. I did finally remember sending the first eMail but the time delay between sending and receiving is what confused me. The second email, I just do not remember and did not send any eMails on Nov 5. My computer is very secure and nobody has access to it. I do have a wireless WIFI router, which is also secure, and the required computer skills to tamper with my system do not exist within its range. A very important factor is, I never have more than two BMs before dinner and they are almost a Virgin Mary at that.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

He's just stalking Granny. And really, who'd blame him, that sense of humor, mad gardening skills, a jet setting lifestyle in Arizona...

Hehe

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Sinfonian, you and I know that to be very true. But let's keep it our little secret, m-kay?

On the other hand, I think both emails were sent quite some time ago, and just got hung up in his ISP (which is definitely what happened with the first one).

The problem is, John thinks I'm stalking him 'cause I keep answering emails he hasn't sent *wink*. But if I don't answer them, and they are "real", he'll think I'm ignoring him.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL **totally cracking up** LOL
    ok, at first i was reading this, as i read, i see i only have two BM's (bowel movements) befor dinner (mom was a nurses aid) i was working in a nursing home till i got pregnant) LOL
    then i read, its almost virgin (skip the mary) at that, so i'm thinking now how can a bm be virgin?? so that is how my mind works when getting up at 6 in the morning to go to the hospital to get hubs thyroid killed. LOL (radiated) so i'm sooooo cracking up!!! LOL so i go back and reread it and say OHHHHHHH!! duh!! LOL Hee Hee!! LOL
    Johns' awesome wood skills and Granny's/Johns awesome gardening skills WOW that would be totally cool!! ohhhh ya and Granny cool painting!! LOL ~Medo

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz