Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniesgranny_gw

OT 12/5/08- Oh Carolynp, do you know what day it is?

anniesgranny
15 years ago

Comments (16)

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Carolyn!

Hope you get great gardening stuff for your birthday! And if not, go get yourself something!

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

WOOHOO!!! Happy birthday, Carolyn. Eat ALL the cake!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Go carolyn, go carolyn, it's yo birthday, it's yo birthday.......

EG

• jbest123
    15 years ago

Happy Bday Carolyn, boy I wish I were 21 again.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

• medontdo
    15 years ago

WOW!!!! Happy Birthday Carolyn!!! man, if i was in my 20's, can you imagine, i'd just go nuts!! WOOOHOOOOO!!! eat all the cake you can befor it starts sticking to your hips!! LOL **big grinn** i hope/know you just had a great birthday!! (((HUGS))) ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Thanks so much you guys!
    Sinf, got a whole package of seeds from Baker's Creek! Woot! I'll post on my trade page, you guys can decide if you want a few. I'm going to try cassabananas! Check em out you guys, I'm only getting a few seeds, but I'll send em to the first people who feel they HAVE to have em. Sorry, btw, they won't grow in US zone 6 and below, supposedly.
    AND the ice cream Ribbit! I've got the two little ones, though, so the odds of me getting most of it are minimal, lol.
    John, you just made my absolute favorite people list, but IMHO, 21 is VASTLY overrated. I wish my traitor body was still 21, but I'll take the, errrr..., slightly older brain, thank you, rofl. 21, with several years of experience...
    EG, the hubby promised I can put ten swc's on the new deck when he builds it. Trust me, this was a compromise for him, lol. He also gave me two 18'x3' strips in the front yard as long as I keep it attractive. The neighbor's place is a rental and he's looking for more renters, so I might ask if I can garden on his space this year. We shall see, lol.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

carolyn - Yesterday was my mother's birthday, as well. Cool!

10 swc's? That's alot! I built 2 more today, myself. That brings my total to 6. I think that'll do it for me....
    Sounds like hubs has his work cut out for him....hee hee

EG

• holly-2006
    15 years ago

Happy belated Carolynp! I guess I missed the beer too, huh?

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i'm no good at growing banana's from seed, BUT if you get them to grow, can i trade you something for a pup?? i have a banana tree that has edible banana's that bevsc gave me,, she's one of my new gw friends. i think she adopted me, LOL she sent me a blueberyy plant too. i'm keeping mine in a container that way i can bring them in in the winter. but next winter i'll have them in the gh. LOL MMMMMMM......beer sounds so good about now!! then i wouldn't care about the noisyness of the kids!! LOL Heee Heee!! LOL ~Medo

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I will send you a couple medo, but they'll have to go in your gh, they can't be under zone 6. Lori rocks. Love to read what she writes, lol.
    My birthday is actually December 7th, but I think Granny correctly surmised that I would be out all day tomorrow, lol. My hubby is taking me out after church, woot!!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

awesome!! i think my camellia is finally sprouting!! i finally put it in the paper towel and get this, hung it up clipping it to the hanger, and hung it up on the ceiling, and i[m sure its sprouting, i've been trying for MONTHS to get it to sprout w no luck!!!! who knew all it took was heat!! LOL
    now who is lori? i can never remember all the names!!
    i put all the stuff up for the winter, i'm so not kidding, even my annuals, hubs hates that, i say, i just can't stand to see them die, so i bring them in the house, LOL now next winter or supposedly sometime when its nicer he will put my gh up, and then i can go out and get all my plants out there only when i have it all heated!! and there is no air gaps. tabor and i are going to wrap it tightly and make sure there is no way that no wind can blow that plastic off. i'm gonna ask my bro what kinda and where he got his heater at, cuz its got some kinda humidifier thingi on it. every time i water my banana plant it grows, its so cool to watch it do that, :') beverly said they cut theirs back and it comes up the next spring. i want to see if mine will grow banana's in the winter also?? if i keep it fertilized?? or if when its done is it just done? !Medo

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Carolyn, the reason she thought it was the 5th is that was on your profile.

You're growing bananas in Oregon. Interesting? Greenhouse? I could have sworn they wouldn't grow here...

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ahhh,, they'll grow anywhere as long as you get the right ones, LOL
    and as long as you bring them in, i had one last year, made it all winter long, ok, lets get this from the beginning, got it in the spring, had it all summer, brought it in in the fall, just befor the last frost, and had it in all winter long, just befor the last frost, talla sprayed it and i sprayed it, only i didn't know she also did, well, that killed the little bugar, and it had rotted the stem, i didn't even think about taking it out and trying to see if i could rescue the roots, i'm usually like that, but this was my first banana tree, that had lived all thru the winter, so i was so heart broken, LOL
    now this one will be, hopefully. only i've gotten it up higher so i can only be the one to water it and do any thing to it, she can sing to it anytime she wants!! LOL
    i do believe in pushing the zones as much as i can, though!! **grinn** from my goldfish plant, to my banana plant, to my brugs, and datura's they are all in the house, but come spring, when the last frost is here, out they will go, when i'm very sure i can trust in the last frost, not when "they" say it is, LOL **Grinn** on those type of things, all containers though. i truely don't believe we are a zone 6 cuz it gets very cold in the winter here!! BRRRRRRR!!!! ~Medo who so badly wants to move to oregon, my bro lives there!! of course it helps so does the baby neice and his wonderful wife!! **smile**

• anniesgranny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OOPS! It does say the 5th on your profile, Carolyn :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• carolynp
    15 years ago

LOL, errr...the profile is wrong... Meh, I feel blessed that you guys remembered in any case.
    Cassabananas are melons. Really BIG mama melons. And, I highly doubt I'll be able to grow em, but I sure hope I can talk someone else into it, lol.

• bettyinga
    15 years ago

Happy belated birthday! Hope you are still celebrating!!!

Sponsored