Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Voice your support for (off topic) Conversation pages being added

Please post HERE, to this thread at The Suggestion Forum in support of getting Off Topic Conversation Pages added to the SFG forum.

With enough support, hopefully it will be added when GW does its next batch of additions. It has been a while since any were added, so hopefully with enough support, a Conversation Side here will be considered and added sometime in the not too far off future.

Sue...who loves lurking here and getting ideas.

Comments (15)

• mike_in_paradise
    15 years ago

Do any of the forums on here currently have this feature you are talking about?

If so could you point one out to me so I can see this as I really do not understand what is being asked for?

Is this another part to this forum or is is another forum completely dedicated to off topic posts?

Confused in rainy paradise.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

There is a forum on GW specifically for OT, in case nobody knew about it....Here's the link.

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: OT forum

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If so could you point one out to me so I can see this as I really do not understand what is being asked for?
    Yes, there are numerous ones.
    They consist of having a (on topic) Discussion side as well as an (off topic) Conversation side of the forum.
    There is a link at the top of the list of threads on page one of the forum to go back and forth between Discussions, and Conversations.

The
    Daylily Forum (for example) has Discussions, and Conversations, as well as a Exchange page, and a Gallery for members to post pics of all their blooms.

Sue

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Oh! Sue, yeah....I've seen that before in another forum...I think the seed exchange one. That would be great.....

EG

• mike_in_paradise
    15 years ago

Thanks Sue..

That is what happens when you lead a sheltered life :)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is what happens when you lead a sheltered life :)
    It's not that so much, imho, but that you are kind of a newbie compared to some of us veterans.

I'm retired, and have a lot of time to spend computin, and surfin GW. In fact, I am the resident busy body at a couple of the forums I frequent the most, which is a lot!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Sue - I've seen you before on the seed exchange forum, I think....Thanks for posting here, us newbies need a little help from time to time. Even though my first year of sfg'ing is almost up, I will always be considered a newbie. lol. Granny calls me "young whippersnapper" all the time! I hope you'll continue to post here in the future, we don't always act crazy!

EG

• carolynp
    15 years ago

"We don't always act crazy." This from the guy who suggested a trebuchet to run off veggie stealers, lol.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

heh. Yeah I did.....

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

the plant exchange does too, the rate and review does, the winter sowing forum does, i think there is alot, just not when you get over this way, LOL thank you Sue!! you are sooo the BOMB again!! (((HUGS!!))) see, some of them forums have
    discussion/exchange/conversation up at the top i'm only asking that we have conversation added to the top of ours. so this would be so awesome!! ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

but i put another one up, so now it has my voice up there-again!! LOL **grinn** ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i really did think there would be more support than just us three!! :'(( i really do wish some of you others would go over there and just chime in, it really couldn't hurt!! like uhhhh carolyn, ribbit, green, jbest, and sooner, there's still more of you who do chat it up with us, please, come over and put your two cents in, hey Mike, you were the first ta point out that these older ones were gone, i really thought you'd be there with us, come on!! Please :') it's only gonna take a few seconds to add a few words, ~Medo

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

Medo, if they take the OT posts and put them elsewhere wouldn't it become stuffy here? Do we get in trouble for going OT all the time? Maybe there's something I missed in the past.

All work and no play makes ribbit a dull gal.

:)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I agree with Ribbit. Our OT winds its way through the subject on a moment's whim. To have all OT have to go to a separate thread removes all the spontaneity. Heck, I'd rather all of us who have become good friends move to another board where OT isn't forbidden (if it is in fact forbidden here).

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• medontdo
    15 years ago

no, we don't get into trouble, but i worry that it has scared the old ones away, do you guys notice that its just us who are here anymore, don't get me wrong, i love to chat with ya'll and read your posts, even though i may not post anything, i mean, sometimes i may be having a rough day, and that will brighten up my day in a heart beat!! **big smile** but, we'll be able to at the top choose between discussion/conversation, and that's where we can just blab llike Lord knows, we know how!! LOL and on the discussion side is where all the real stuff is happening and EG can have his OT of compost cuz we all hate going to other places when we can get right here!! LOL
    and no one can do a great one about them vegeis and fruits like you guys/girls!! and carol with her container ones hey! that's OT !! yes, i'm grasping **smiling** i want them back BWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! ~Medo

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022