Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

OT---Time of posting?

jbest123
15 years ago

I have noticed some peopleÂs time of posting, Ahahummmmm (clearing throat) EG and sinfonian. That some people must have a computer in front of them when at work. Let us not forget people that you have to get the economy back on track (401Ks) and keep those pension checks coming.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Comments (21)

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Yeah John....unfortunately, some of us can't sit at home and drink bloody mary's all day. We have to contribute to the social security fund. Ha! Nah..................

EG

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ROFL EG, you almost made me choke. I was sipping a BM when I read your reply. ;o)
    John

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Ha! Sorry...BM man

EG

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL now that is funny! i was sipping my tea, well as my hubs says, "gulping" tea!! i told tabor he's trying to kill me, he put over 1 cup of sugar in 1 gal of tea, LOL but that hit the roof of the b.s.(blood sugar) and not to mention it was splenda!! LOL
    but i do love my tea!! **big smile** ~Medo

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

HA! There are some days where I'd like nothing more than to come here during work hours, but our computers/email are watched like crazy. Besides, it's hard to eat, let alone post, during a 22 minute lunch break. :)

I'm out of BM fixin's tonight so it's a martini for me. Just thinking ahead here, but this summer, after a long day of gardening, I think I'd love a frozen beverage with one of those pastel umbrellas.....Do you think they rent cabana boys?

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Medo, my hubby says he wants to have the tea sweet enough that he can use it as pancake syrup, just in case, lol. I don't drink his tea.
    Oooh, cabana boys? hmmmm...

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

one and a half cups of sugar per gallon.......that's the only way.

ribbit - let's just say that i'm good friends with the IT guy. :)

BTW, it's a winter wonderland at my place right now! There's like 3 inches of snow on the ground, and cars in ditches, etc.....

EG

• greenbean08_gw
    15 years ago

EG,
    I wondered if you got snow there. I have a very good friend in AL, I should check in with her. I'll bet she thought she left the snow behind when they moved south.

So, does 3 inches shut down the world there? When I lived in west Texas, a little bit of snow closed it all down it seemed.

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

WOW, EG. I bet it's beautiful. Stay safe if you have to go in to work.

greenbean, the threat of a dusting ends the world in Atlanta!!! We shut down schools once for a threat of snow which never came.

Actually, last year when there was a threat of 1-2 inches, I got kicked out of the Ingles grocery store here in town for "inciting a riot." The store was FLODDED with people stocking up for what would be 6-8 dreadful hours alone in the house with their families. I started saying, "White bread and milk! White bread and milk!" and was asked to leave.

Where's their sense of humor? :)

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That reminds me of a joke that is going around. It sezs that "97% of the people panic when they hit ice on the road. The other 3% are from Pittsburgh and say; hold my beer and watch this".

John

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

greenbean, ribbit - as you can imagine, we have some people that just can't drive on snow or ice. There are alot of cars in ditches and such....I put some photos on my blog, if you'd like to see them.

John - that's pretty funny!

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's snow photos

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

John, two reasons for my rapid posting. The first is that I have a Blackberry, so I often check my favorite sites and immediately chack emails. And since normally I am behind a desk all day, a five minute break or three doesn't hurt productivity, it helps it hehe. The second reason is I'm fiercely competitive (something I'm working on), so if I can help someone well enough before anyone else, muahahahaha. Just kidding. It's the former.

Oh I had to laugh about the Pit joke. A buddy at work's from there so I'll tell him it. Thanks.

Hope everyone's garden survives the snow. We're actually forecast to get some. Very odd. Go hoop covers!

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't fret I am just jerking chains. ;O)

John

• medontdo
    15 years ago

it was funny EG that you should say that about the cars and such, because my mom and her hubs are truckers, and my dad is a train engineer or something, and they both say that the one thing they see is them suv's and vans and the ones with 4-wheel drive on the side of the road all the time because people always think that they think just because they have it they can drive all crazy, also they just see lots of vehicles on the side of the road just because people are IDIOTS!!! although my dad doesn't say that because he's christian, LOL
    hubs will put it in a much worse way, i'm working on him though, :') i don't worry about his driving, its the dang deer, LOL we have it figured out, the deer think that the kia (being green) is a moving patch of grass so they chase him down, but we can't figure why they try to attack him. LOL
    did i tell you last month that one took out his mirror and while doing that he also took his door handle. LOL so now he unlocks his door and gets in thru the back door, **giggle** so when i'm irritated at him, and i'm in the front seat and its cold out, i take my time opening his door. or forget to. he just looks at me, and does the holding his hands up, and i say 'what' all innocently. **grinn** but don't think he's so abused!! i see that look!! Hee Hee!! today he's buying me a big ironing board, so i'm really happy!! LOL and its wider than the other ones. i love that one!! my other one is busted, i was jimmi rigging it when i ironing his work clothes.
    hope everyone has a great day!! ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• carolynp
    15 years ago

We're in the offing for some snow, too, sinf. Should be fun! Last year it snowed several times between November and January and then no snow till May, rofl. Should be an exciting year in any case...

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Oh yeah......there were cars in ditches the whole way to work today. I'd say at least 1 per mile. Most were hispanics, I think....they haven't got used to this snow thing yet. Oh well, at least most of the time, there's enough of them in the car to help get it unstuck! Ha!

Sinfonian - I sense a little bit of competitiveness in you, and always have. I think that's good, blackberry man.

John - You're like....the "king of ot" right now. heh.

EG

• Ray Scheel
    15 years ago

medo: 1 cup of sugar (real sugar) to a gallon of tea is how I make it, brewed with 2 family size bags plus a bag of green tea and sometimes a sprig of mint.

John: If I didn't check out of work occasionally and think if green spaces, I'd lose it completely.

As for this batch of weather, I feel lucky to have been where we got enough snow to stick on grass and cars until the next morning so we got a good show of it, but the precipitation stopped early enough that the bridges never froze over here.

I will always remember a time somewhere in the 93-94 range when I was in college and the town froze over. I had to be out trying to play host to an out of town group that was coming to lead a program our church's student center. As I was coming to an overpass (that was mostly level, the road below was dug in / sunken a bit as well) I saw a car flying up behind be, apparently thinking the large empty road (aside from me) was license to go 70 in a posted 40. I pulled to the side and stopped before the bridge to watch and be ready to try to raise someone on the emergency channel on my CB (couldn't afford a cell phone then), since I knew I didn't want to be on the bridge with the dodo. He hit the ice and did a 1080, but the lucky idiot managed to be facing more or less forward when hitting the other side and managed to actually get back under control without crashing, though he was all over all 7 lanes (3 each way plus the turn lane and two full width shoulders) before he recovered. He did slow down to about 35 after that, and I resumed puttering along at about 20.

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ray, I think the joke was funny but there is some truth in it. Believe me when I say we have more than our share of jerks up here.

John

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OMG Ray! that's horrible! that's what hubs says when he goes to work, he says he see's people going 60-70 when its snowing out and he's going 30-40 depending on where he is, but once you hit wabunsee county, which is our county, your going pretty slow, they NEVER do our roads, and if they do, our end by where we live is the very last to get done.
    that was funny waht you said EG, hubs went on a drive along with one of his at the time cop friends now the guy is a trooper, but the thing goes like this, LOL
    they pulled over a minivan, and it was full of mexicans, so the guy had them get out, one by one, they counted them, 25, yep that's what i said. so he called the ins, they said well we don't feel like coming all the way down there and getting them tonight, (all of them were illegal) now, you tell me, we have this problem with the illegal's BUT they don't want to get off their lazy BUTTs and go out of town in the middle of the night because it would just interupt their donut eiting or croissant or something time, it just irks the heck right out of me, we have all them people working the borders and such when we don't have to so much, we just need the INS to do their dang JOB!!! that woulda helped in the beginning. ohhh ya, OOPS forgot, duh, that's the government, LOL Heee Heee dingy me!! i guess my old age was showing!! **big grinn** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• greenbean08_gw
    15 years ago

EG,
    When I lived in TX and it snowed, I tried to stay home because I was afraid of the other drivers out there!! I grew up in Vermont. I learned to drive in big 70's cars with rear wheel drive. I learned the hard way how to drive in the white stuff (no major incidents thank goodness, but plenty of time digging my car out of snowbanks it seemed...) We were once driving on that loop around Dallas in an ice storm- holy cow that was scary.

I'm surprised how many people here just don't drive well in the snow. I guess a lot of times the roads are deceptive looking, and there's often a layer of ice under the snow, but drivers are a little scary here too. We do have LOTS of military here (5 bases I think, and Ft Carson is HUGE) so maybe a lot of people haven't learned yet.

Have I mentioned how much I like my front wheel drive, automatic 4 wheel drive little SUV with it's fairly beefy all-season tires? I don't have the big invincible kind of SUV though, so I DO have to slow down in bad weather. I can even fit 4 bales of straw in the back:-) I did have to leave the dogs at home that day but 2 bales of straw and 2 big dogs DO fit in the back of the Escape.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

greenbean - I understand fully....Thank god it's melted now! Whew.....

EG

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES