Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

merry christmas!!

medontdo
15 years ago

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!! and i Look forward to learning so much from everyone!! ~Medo

Comments (10)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too, Medo!

I got the present I wanted :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: See Granny's Present!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It was a Merry Christmas, my hubs came home in one piece and he was somewhat happy. so that was great!! LOL He got me what is the same thing as a roll of stamps!! WOO HOO!! LOL the kids were happy, well tabor was, talla was at the time, then she seen a commercial that showed some kids with a bunch of presents then she wasnt happy anymore. LOL but she did get a hannah montanna lip gloss, and some fingernail polish, so she's now a big girl, LOL and tabor has a fishing pole and set, and has some aftershave. he was thrilled with that. that meant that he could start that shaving!! LOL Happy New Year Everyone!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my garden buddies on GW. Can't wait til spring to see all your gardens.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

We just got our internet back. We didn't lose power, but about half the city did. I have been trapped in a house with my mother in law for the week and no one has gotten mean, so I think we're doing well. It has been like the hotel on the shining.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Oh my. Poor Carolyn.

Although I had a marvelous mother-in-law, and she spent a week with us on several occasions. It was always an enjoyable time with her, but Mr. H (and I) would never have survived a week with MY mother!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• carolynp
    15 years ago

LOL, as soon as I started to feel sorry for myself Granny, I got a call from the prayer chain asking us to pray for a family with six kids who had a tree in their house, no power, and no cable. Yikes!! At least we had heat!

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

The wind blew the pilot light out on our water heater yesterday, and Mr. H can't get it to light again. We'll have to have Amerigas bring propane and the guy will light it for us....but they only deliver here on Wednesdays! I can heat water for dishes, but I'd better give up my card playing this week 'cause no way am I going to take cold showers!

Granny

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Preach it sister! When we camp, I warn the hubby he just has to tough it out. I DO NOT take cold showers. I'm a girly princess, I know. Poor guy, lol. Will say special prayers for you granny!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OHHH MY cold Showers!! eeeks!! i will pray for that guy to hurry up!! i am surprised your hubby can't get it to light!! or you! hubs gets one of those long lighters for the bbq, and he holds it where the pilot light is on, the you turn the dial and hold in, i believe, but make sure the lighter is on, LOL while your holding in the gas is releasing, the directions should be on the dial or right above it, and then i believe you have to turn it a little more, and then let go. and it should stay lit. i had to light ours once. one time hubs had to light our heater that was in the basement of our house we were renting, and he couldn't get it to stay lit, well this time he was getting it to finally getting it to stay lit, but all of a sudden it blew out, and he didn't know, he was turning around to tell me something, i was impatient, and he turned back around, and the thing burned his finger so he let go of the lighter, so he instinctively started it back up, so that's when it blew up in his face, burnt his eyebrows off and his mustache, so now he uses the long handled lighter. and he absolutely hates lighting them things, and wonders why i absolutely hate gas!! GEEE babe, i wonder why?? it almost took out my hubs, my unborn child and me in the process.
    i boil huge things of water and take a bath, if i ABSOLUTELY have to.
    so guess what talla got for christmas from her grandma??
    just guess???? ok i'll tell ya, geeze!! she got all the princess's in the barbie form. how crazi is that? and tabor got shooting set, and when he's done, he hits the middle one and then it resets itself. now that is way too awesome! she also got a ring/necklace/bracelet in her birthstone set. now this will be interesting to see what my mom comes up with, besides mariposa barbie, she got two of them so her and casy can play together. that was nice. my mom asked me what i want. i said an aero garden. Hee Hee *8big grinn** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Medo, we have the long lighter, and I follow directions. No go. I think it's our bifocals, LOL! I will try again tomorrow, it was too darned cold out there today. I also have a neighbor who works on stuff like that, so I will contact him....hey, he wants me to fix his computer, maybe we can trade!

Carolyn, in our early camping days, back in the 60s when we didn't have all the luxuries in our RVs that we have today, I kept a small blow-up kiddie pool in the pickup camper, and Mr. H had the job of blowing it up and heating water for my bath! I just put it on the floor, filled it up, locked the husband and kids out and enjoyed!

Too bad we don't have our motor home down here any more, I could always use that shower.

I spent the entire day playing with my new seed packets! Will post in a separate thread.

Granny

Sponsored