Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photos posting from Photobucket

Posted by boizeau 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 21, 12 at 16:10

I am exasperated trying to find any intelligible directions for posting photos here. I have a lot of pics at photobucket, but the steps to post a photo are nowhere to be found in this forum.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

David/boizeau

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photos posting from Photobucket

Hi boizeau,

I'll attempt to try and help you.

1...Go to the album that contains the pic you are wanting to post.
2...if you see codes below the pic and one of them is HTML code, LEFT click on the code, and it will very briefly flash copied.
2a...If you don't see any codes beneath the picture, then hover cursor over the pic and the code will appear, and then you hover cursor over HTML Code and LEFT click. You should then see 'copied' flash briefly in yellow in the box.
3...come back to your message box here, and RIGHT click and then choose PASTE
4...once you are finished with your message and copying the code for all pics, hit Preview Message
5...Once the Preview page comes up, you should see your pic as it will appear in your message. If all is well, continue and hit submit.

If the picture doesn't show up on Preview, then something is wrong...and back to the drawing board.

Normally it is best to post testing posts, or for help at The GW Test Forum. There are some very helpful forum 'regulars' there who will work with you until you have it mastered.

Sue

Thumbnail...click to see it bigger
Pink Hyacinth

Full size...

Pink Hyacinth

o

David/boizeau

Well, the problem has been solved. It is now possible to upload pics from your computer. See the Browse link below under "Post a Follow-UP."

Sue

o

Sue, can you help me? I have been trying to post pictures for 2 days, from Photobucket. It started when the new thing above, "Image file to upload (optional):" appeared.

It shows the picture, but say's rejected for invalid link or something like that. I can post the image to "Optional Link URL:" and I name it. It shows up on the error page but will not let me post!

In the box "Image file to upload (optional):" It has a partial address of the pic I want to upload. I can't erase it, when I click it goes to my PC files.

o

Sue, can you help me?
See my reply the new thread you started. I made suggestions there. There are some fine folks at both The Test Forum and at Computer Help. I'm pretty sure it isn't really a GW issue and that they can help you.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here