Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FAQ volunteers

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 8:04

Some months ago many forums got a thread asking people to volunteer to write a FAQ for that forum. I volunteered to do one, emailed support and posted on that thread itself. No one from GW ever responded to take me up on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FAQ volunteers

That's unfortunate.

o

I've been wondering about that! The FAQ in the Quilting Forum needs to be updated and added to for reference. I'm sure it would add to the membership if this was allowed! It isn't very professional to not follow up on their own request.

As you can see, it's been almost a year and...nothing. If they're still working on this, you'd think they'd at least give an update!

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Nov 14, 2010

o

With no moderators to monitor for spam or threads posted to the wrong forums, I think FAQ's are a lesser priority. I would be happy to edit all of the FAQ's but the frustration I imagine I would experience from trying to deal with the seemingly nonexistent administration of these forums prevents me from attempting involvement.

o

With no moderators to monitor for spam or threads posted to the wrong forums,

Just report the spam or posts made to the wrong forums via the Contact Us link found in the green banner at the bottom of any page. Be sure to include the URL of the bad post. Here recently, reported spam has been disappearing quite quickly.

If they're still working on this, you'd think they'd at least give an update!
I know. I volunteered and started working on an FAQ outline for a couple of forums and have not heard anything back yet about guidelines, rules, pictures, what is allowed and what isn't, etc.

o

I do report spam, a few per week. And yes, it's disappearing much more quickly than it was a few months ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here