Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PLEASE Catagorize by Zones not states

Posted by desertdance So.CA LowDesert (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 23:30

Every state encompasses many zones. So we go to California, and we are confronted with people who can grow what we can't and can't grow what we can!

If you would take the states out, and categorize by zones, this would be a better place! We would be able to bond with anyone in the world in our zone.

For instance, can I speak to someone in San Francisco? No! They are in California, but so am I. We do not speak the same plant language!

PLEASE get rid of regions and go with zones.

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PLEASE Catagorize by Zones not states

Perhaps using Garden Climate Zones - Sunset.com wherever possible - I expect the western zones are quite good but I've no way to evaluate the others.

o
RE: PLEASE Catagorize by Zones not states

• Posted by grandad 9aLa/Sunset 28 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 11:28

I was going to submit a suggestion but apparently Suzi & Albert beat me to it. I also believe consolidating the numerous state and regional forums to align with the Sunset Zones would be helpful. This would create an environment where more folks would visit the consolidated forums. Currently, I only rarely visit my current regional forums; this due to the low activity on these forums.

My only wonder would be if to split the sunset Zones into categories - vegetables, flowers, fruit trees, etc. or if to let them be all inclusive.

Below a typical example where the poster in a "states forum" gives up waiting (due to low activity), so the poster then moves to the more frequently visited forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetables Forum Post

This post was edited by grandad on Tue, May 21, 13 at 11:03

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here