Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed/Plant Search

Posted by knottyceltic S/W Ontario 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 07 at 23:43

I've been thinking about this for quite a long time and can't see why it couldn't be added... when searching member's trade pages for certain seeds/plants, why can we not include a search criteria for Canada vs. USA. Currently when I search for a specific seed, I have to read through all the member profiles that come up, to see that they are all USA members. As a CDN I can not legally get seeds from American citizens without going through the phyto certificate process which kinda defeats the purpose of trading seeds inexpensively. If we could add CDN/USA search criteria to what's already there, it would make searches for specific seeds MUCH more efficient.

Thanks,

Barb
southern Ontario, CANADA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seed/Plant Search

barb yes can you just need to find the small seed quantity importation form filled it out by the American sending you the seed. There is similar form that would need to be filled out if decide to send seed to an American.

o

But if it's that simple then why aren't Canadians allowed on the American/USA seed exchange forum? It's set up so that CDN's can't post there.

Barb
southern Ontario, CANADA

o

Bumping up for comment by Garden Web Admins.

Barb/knottyceltic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here