Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ads that fill up the entire page

Posted by rivkadr (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 07 at 17:05

There's an advert on the main page of THS that fills up the entire page when it loads. I'm about to stop coming to this site, because the ads are getting way too obnoxious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ads that fill up the entire page

I'm seeing no ads there except a descrete frame labeled Sponsored Links from Yahoo!

Do these things appear at different times in different parts of the country? Several people on heating and airconditioning are seeing pop-ups that others of us do not see.

o

Yeah, South Beach Diet ad that opens new tabs, you click close and it opens another. Most annoying advertising site I ever visit. I used Safari and it was really bad; Firefox is better, but still annoying enough to not come back.

suggestion: iVillage - find other ways to make money on this site.

o

I never see any ads here with firefox. The NoScript extension blocks the pop ups and Remove It Permanently blocks the others.

o

I get a full page video ad all the time, ANNOYING AS ALL HELL. It's BS IMHO. Rediculous. I'm close to bailing out here as well. I don't blame you a bit.

Tom

o

Bob, thanks for those links. I just got the new Firefox and hadn't gotten the extensions yet. Haven't been here in awhile, and the popup I got after posting in the brug forum hung up my browser and I had to close and reload!

Oh for the good old days...

o

Using plain old ie here and never get any pop ups. In fact my blocker has been off for over a week and I still haven't seen an ad of any kind.

o

They backed off the ads for sure, I haven't seen a full page ad in a week or 2.
I'm REALLY tired of ads, seriously. Radio, TV, newspapers, magazines and now the web it's getting rediculous. I bale out on sites that over do ads. There are too many other sites to put up with that crap....

o

Paying members don't get ads. I would never use this site if I were not a paying member.

Scott

o

You no longer need to pay, nor is there an option to pay for this site.

o

Now the ads with AUDIO have started. It's getting worse now here. It's really sad.

o

"Paying members don't get ads. I would never use this site if I were not a paying member."

Scott, where've you been?? When was the last time you paid? Because there are no more paid memberships and there hasn't been since January '06....or there about.

o

If I use CCleaner or otherwise clear history or cache, I have to log in again. Before I log in there are all sorts of annoying things, but they disappear as soon as I log in. Never any ads. Sandy

o

Well we had Firefox on our PC but we had to get rid of it as it interfered with our online banking making things a real pain! So now I have to put up with ads and surveys when on the PC. A lot of the time I use my phone to browse the net using Opera Mini 3,no ads at all! Opera on the PC?

o

• Posted by bob414 USDA 9, Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 12, 07 at 9:49

Opera might do the job for you. You can use firefox and get the IE View Lite extension. After getting the extension you go to your bank's page in firefox and right click on the page then on the drop down menu click on 'view this page in IE'. From then on when you go to your banks page in firefox it will open in internet explorer. You can do your banking then close that page and continue surfing in firefox.

o

I don't know how it is done, perhaps one could ask on computer help, but my spouse set up two 'users' on one machine. One is FireFox most things and the other is IE for business such as banking. To get from one to the other is just a couple of clicks.

o

I use IE and have McAfee security with pop-up blocker. BUT -- the ads are how this site can survive with no fees paid. The advertisers pay fees to the folks who own this site and so we can use it for FREE 24/7/365 !! Get a pop-up blocker.

DL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here