Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tracking old posts

Posted by josiwax Z5 MI (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 17:39

Is there any way to track the posts you've made? I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

Also, there are far too many forums on this site. Although it adds to the expertise of any particular forum it detracts from the overall activity on a forum.

You should also switch to a different message board format, this is very dated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tracking old posts

You might try the search feature near the bottom of the page above the message box.

"Also, there are far too many forums on this site. Although it adds to the expertise of any particular forum it detracts from the overall activity on a forum."

I have no idea what that means, but perhaps administration will get your drift.

The majority of the GardenWeb membership likes the format and does not want it to change. It was vehemently expressed hundreds of times after the site was sold because members feared the new owners would change the format. I am one of those who does not want the format to change. I am a member of several boards of the new type of format in addition to having one of my own. I do not like them at all. I'm afraid your request is minority view and I hope it will not be considered by administration.

o
RE: Tracking old posts

Quote:
You might try the search feature near the bottom of the page above the message box.

The search function rarely works for me. Indeed, I asked here a few weeks back if there were any rhyme or reason to the sequence in which a search was displayed and my query was apparently removed.

I have a bookmark in Firefox that is just GW links and if I am really interested I just put them there but this still has the most of the sequencing problems. A Google search using the domain name is quite good at finding most of the information as this does allow for many boolien combinations and it does suggest where you have made a spelling error but you need to remember the numerous keywords used here and there is still the sequencing problems i.e. it is not obvious why something is first or second or last in the list.

If you have a fast connection Google Notebook may be a good option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here