Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please save my Gerbera Daisy

Posted by flowerking Quebec (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 19:14

it was all fine the last few days after I bought it last week. But since these few days the weather in Montreal just too windy, I brought the pot back from our balcony. Unfortunately, one-off he flower steam banded. I tried to save it by wrapping a wire around the banded stem. And I put the pot by the shower window for two days. Today I touched the mud is a bit dry so I water it. Then few hours later, I checked on it the leads and the flower petals got all flimsy. What did i do wrong and how i save it now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please save my Gerbera Daisy

Sorry nobody explained already, this forum is for making suggestions to the GardenWeb system.

If you are still seeking info about this plant, you may want to ask on the perennials forum. Generally, sounds like it was much too moist for this plant, which hails from Africa. Likes tons of sun, and to be quite dry before more water is added.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here