Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why are so many posts showing up twice

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 17:36

...sometimes much later, after other posts have been added in the meantime? The first few times I figured it was something people were doing, hitting submit twice somehow, but it's happening for so long to way too many posts at such widely-spaced intervals, an hour or more later, to be something at the user end of things. Gremlins? Gnomes? Sprites?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why are so many posts showing up twice

Are you seeing a ''500'' error? I was getting a 500 error, clicked submit a few times and went away. Came back later and my reply had been posted many times.

o

That did happen to me yesterday for the first time - and you're right, it doubled my post. Maybe that's what's happened to others. Thanks!

o

Ok, this one breaks that theory. This has got to be something at GW's end. Any theory how this could happen at the user end?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0610294830437.html?6. Really weird!

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 16:20

I've noticed a lot of the double posts come from someone using a portable device like an iPad.

o
RE: hmmm...have a theory and will test it out here.Why are so man

testing testing at 4:21 Suggestions....and checking the box for follow-ups.

o

and again....

o

well, forget my 'theory' of 'unckecking having follow-up replies' possibly being a part of the duplicate problem. I'm thinking too that a good bit of it might be via ipads and/or other touch screens and then the member is using the back up arrow/function or something.

o

That sounds plausible and certainly beyond my experience. Phones are for making calls and the touch screen on mine makes me want to (bleeped!) Ahhh to be young again and even imagine seeing web pages on a tiny thing like that. ROFL!!

o

When I see people scrolling up pages of 'stuff' via their phone, or ipad, it makes me dizzy. I'll sure not be getting any of those 'rolling screens at a touch' thingys anytime soon.

btw...your post from Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:32 came into my email instantly, yet my replies from Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:21 and
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:22
have not arrived yet...sigh.

o

It's almost like the GW email system is dependent upon periodic human action, not automated...? Since implementing the new email notices of threads started by others, I've had responses show up instantly also, so that settles the issue of whether it's Yahoo or Hotmail (not) but no pattern seems to be apparent.

o

I've had responses show up instantly also, so that settles the issue of whether it's Yahoo or Hotmail (not) but no pattern seems to be apparent.
For sure! You post made Jul 14, 12 at 7:44 showed up in my Hotmail at 10:27...almost 3 hours later.

Why?

o
RE: but yet....Why are so many posts showing up twice

My post made above at Jul 14, 12 at 22:46 came through to Hotmail instantly.
hmmm....gremlins?

Here is something interesting...I've checked the box earlier to get the replies emailed to me, yet now the message below says, "Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you. blah, blah, blah."

Usually it tells to to click or something if you NO LONGER want email replies emailed to you. hmmmm......Well, I'll check the box again. I wonder if it did that because I am replying again so soon. Think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here