Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about email notifications (not a suggestion)

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 12:23

I was hoping someone who uses a "real email account" for GW (not a forwarding service or something like Yahoo or Gmail) can tell me if they get immediate notifications from GW. Or maybe someone knows if GW is programmed to send them periodically or do they go instantly? Sometimes it takes up to an hour and I can't tell if it's GW or Yahoo mail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about email notifications (not a suggestion)

I use Hotmail and read it at the actual Hotmail site. The follow-up replies are slow in getting to me. I'd say it is a GW issue, since often they seem to come in a batch, all received at the same time, though they were posted at different times.

I'll check the box on this one and see when the email reply comes in, if there is one.

Sue

o

Thanks for the response. I don't understand why sometimes they show up instantly and sometimes it takes hours.

o

For some reason, there seems to be a huge delay in the morning, but notifications come almost instantly all afternoon. Anyone else noticing this?

o

Hi purpleinopp,

I haven't been requesting getting any notifications lately, but when I do request them in the future, I'll try to note the time lapse in getting them in my Hotmail.

Sue

o

All of these notices just arrived in a batch, needless to say, these comments weren't all posted to the forums at the exact same minute.

o

I have a few areas where I send myself an email with a keyword in the subject line and let Yahoo sort it out. Delivery times vary considerably. Like someone above I once wondered "why".

Then it occurred to, even if I knew "why" nothing would change. One of the advantages that come with dotage is caring less about why.

o

Those are probably the most meaningful words I'll read all day. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here