Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love new email updates option, thanks! But...

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 15:15

Thanks to the administrators of GW for the new features lately. Email updates of additions to threads started by others is a phenomenal improvement, and has been much requested over the years.

But...
When I use the link in the email to read what has been added to a thread, it doesn't cause the link in the forum page to change to visited. Not trying to be Wendy Whiner but it's really not very useful if one subsequently visits the forum and the link appears unvisited. You click it again and realize you have indeed already read everything.

Could someone PLEASE tweak it a bit to accommodate that? (Or at least offer a link to the particular forum page, as the notices to one's own threads always have?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love new email updates option, thanks! But...

It sounds like a computer or browser issue. The threads are turning colors just fine for me. I'd suggest you post at the link below, and telling then what browser you are using along with the version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help forum

o

In the other thread you said you read the responses in your email. Have you tried clicking the link to the thread, then visiting the forum page? I'm using FF 13.0.1

o

Have you tried clicking the link to the thread, then visiting the forum page?
OOps...I misunderstood before. My guess is that it won't change color since it is being accessed via an email, just like it won't change color if the thread is accessed from 'favorites'.

o

I haven't stored any threads so didn't know that, but yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I don't know if it's possible for it to appear visited with this type of dynamic link, hence the request for a link in the email to the forum page as well as the link to the thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here