Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ads.pointroll.com

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 9:24

I keep having to reload GW pages until they DON'T try to load ads.pointroll.com. Whatever this ad is, it causes the whole page to be blank. Whoever this sponsor is, their ads are not being seen and these ads cause the page to not load at all.

Every time I type a response, I have to copy it in case the page is blank after I click "preview."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ads.pointroll.com

I'm not having any problems...using Windows XP and Firefox.

You might try asking about the problem at the link below. They are quite good and I imagine they can help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help Forum

o

It's not my computer. Every other website works fine. And this website works fine except when it tries to load those particular ads. But thanks for the suggestion.

o

I'm guessing that the other sites don't use ads.pointroll.com, and as I said, I'm not experiencing any problems here on GW.

I'm guessing that I have them blocked and that you could also block them, if you want to, and get rid of the problem.

I sincerely doubt if GW is going to change their advertisers, or what those advertisers use, so you too might want to check into getting them blocked.

o

Thanks for the info. I just thought somebody might want to know both facts - that their ad isn't being seen, and is causing the site to malfunction. I don't see how blocking an ad will fix a website programming error. This site uses ads from many domains and this is just one of them that isn't working correctly.

o
RE: ads.pointroll.com.

Here are pics of what is happening. I either get a blank page or an error:

blank page
error

o
RE: ads.pointroll.com .

There are people complaining all over these forums about their "posts disappearing" when they click preview.

o

There are people complaining all over these forums about their "posts disappearing" when they click preview.
I've not experienced any problems or read of any problems the past few days.

Have you suggested that they report them via the Contact Us link found at the bottom of any GW page. I'm curious...is it still happening? Did you try another browser? I fine that occasionally a browser will act up, but another browser will work fine and soon the issue just resolves itself.

o

No, I haven't attempted to change how I use the internet because of a problem with 1 website. But I did find that blocking the entire domain has cured the problem.

How to block ads.pointroll.com on IE:
Click tools
internet options
security
restricted sites
sites button
type ads.pointroll.com
click add button
click close
apply
ok

HTH!

If you google "ads.pointroll.com" there are tons of links to people complaining and asking how to make it stop. Apparently this nuisance is notorious for causing problems on many websites. What makes these people think that locking up people's computers and causing websites to malfunction will make people want to buy things?

o

Is there someway to block this domain on Firefox (I'm also having to reload the page about 5 times to get to the forums)?

o

Yes, and I have them blocked on my FF but am not sure just what I have.

Stop on by Computer Help and someone there can quickly help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here