Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Site is Cluttered with Ads

Posted by another_linda 9b Cal (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 12:21

What has happened to gardenweb.com?

This site used to be *the* model for online forums, but now it is the testing place for all sorts of annoying advertisements and distractions.

Spike, we miss you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Site is Cluttered with Ads

• Posted by bob414 USDA 9, Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 08 at 10:28

Ads pay for the site so you can see why they are there. They shouldn't be so intrusive that you can't enjoy the site. When they are they can be avoided. Read this thread from the computer help forum.

o

I for one am glad the site is now Free unlike when Spiko had it and there was a fee.

Bob is right...there are numerous fixes for avoiding the ads. I am never bothered by them, as the folks at Computer Help, have helped me so much with the 'fixes' to that problem, as well as numerous other computer related problems.

Sue

o

This site is almost UNUSABLE now. It's really sad and pathetic. I got highjacked 6 times tonight alone from ads that spill over on top of links to going back to the currently viewed forums. "Ad whores" would be my words for it. Sad and pathetic. This site get worse every day.....A damn shame IMHO.

Any one who accepts this crap is an idiot in my opinion.

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 23:19

After I followed the suggestion to use the Firefox browser that pretty much took care of it. Haven't had anything pop up here in a long time, not often enough for me to remember anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here