Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there any answers to postings here?

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 08 at 18:33

I was just wondering if the powers tht be look at this forum and do they have any answers or questions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there any answers to postings here?

o

Rather than posting here, try sending an email directly to GW via the "contact us" page. The link is at the bottom of the home page.

o

Done that why have this forum if no one corresponds with us is the real question just to vent?

o

If you post something here, you invite comments from other readers. It can be more powerful than sending a single email directly to GardenWeb. If you can get support for a suggestion here, then you can refer to the post when you send your email.

Of course, venting is good too! lol

o

iVillage doesn't care,they are just running gardenweb in to the ground. The only time I've ever seen them act is when I put spam links in this forum or once when I called a dangerous cult dangerous and disingenuous, and talked about how they threatened to sue me. One of the cult members got in an argument with me about it and after I handily beat her she had my comments removed.

o

You have my sympathies! I remember the famous GW/iVillage meltdown a few years back when people were locked out and had to re-register and nobody got answers. I mostly hang out at Dave's Garden since then. The level of contentment is SO much better there!

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Thu, May 7, 09 at 22:02

Especially for Dave, no doubt, as he is collecting membership fees.

o

Back before GW was taken over by iVillage, I was a regular visitor on the African Violet Forum. I noticed that a number of new forums had their own galleries, yet the popular AV Forum didn't have one. I posted a "Petition for a Gallery!" message there, and somebody answered that I should check the Suggestions Forum, since someone had posted a message about adding a gallery to the AV Forum. That message had been ignored until I found it and directed other AV Forum fans to it. Within a week or two the AV Forum had a gallery.

I will likely soon try to get a gallery added to the Amaryllis Forum. I have no idea if the new powers-that-be will respond as quickly as the old ones did a few years ago, or if they'll even respond at all, but I think it's worth a shot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here