Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Damn ads that spill over the posts and thread links....

Posted by tommyr z6 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 19, 08 at 22:43

I am THISCLOSE to leaving this place. Not that anyone cares. I have been highjacked 6 times tonight by ads that spill over top of links after posting to threads. This is REALLY ridiculous. It's nothing more than a lame way of grabbing ad revenue. I'm friggin' sick of it. Come on, ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP. This place isn't worth the aggravation. Money grubbing freaking web site owners are making me sick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Damn ads that spill over the posts and thread links....

Are you using your own computer or someone else's? If it is you own computer, not at your work or a library, you can stop this rather easily.

o

I don't see any...never have.

You might check out some of the posts at Computer Help.

Search results for ads

Search results for pop ups...or start a new post telling what OS and Browser you are using.

Sue

o

I have flash blocked on my computer so these ads don't load unless I click on the flash icon.

o

I forgot to mention that I think it's a Mozilla add on. They also have an add on called Adblock Plus. I have both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here