Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coleus

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 14:42

I think this plant, of which there are over 1400 named cultivars and comes in almost every color imaginable, deserves its' own forum. It's usually used as an annual, but is genetically a perennial although only those in Miami or like climates can grow it as such. It's not really considered a tropical since the leaves are usually smallish, fairly uncommon and unreliable as a house plant, and for some reason, it's rarely discussed on the foliage forum although the overall number of coleus discussions throughout the forums is high.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coleus

That other family of gardening forums, which once we were forbidden to mention, has a coleus discussion group.

o
RE: coleus

Just wanted to repeat my request for a Coleus forum, please! Adenium, a genus of only 12 species and Heuchera, a genus of about 50 species have been given their own forums. Coleus is a much more versatile and widely-grown genus than these, absolutely worthy of its' own forum.

Thanks, Albert, I prefer to chat here.

o
RE: GW really needs a coleus forum

A search of all GW forums for the term Adenium, the latest new forum, AFAIK, returns 49 pages. A search of the term Coleus returns 140 pages of results.

Why can't Coleus get the recognition it deserves, and has already earned?

Is there a process in place for determining the creation of a new forum? How many signatures would be needed on a petition?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here