Return to the Suggestions? Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Login and Profile Issues

Posted by gwtamara (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 28, 10 at 10:36

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, we moved to a different registration system and we are still in the process of working out some bugs. Please understand that we are converting a very old system and that there have been some unforeseen issues. We know that this can be very frustrating, but no one wants this to be resolved more than we do -- trust me! ;) We are working hard to find and squash the bugs and solve each and every issue that you might be encountering. If you are experiencing problems, please take a moment to contact us via email and give us a detailed description of your problem. Emails that simply say, "I can't login" or "My member page is broken" won't give us the details that are needed to fix what is broken. Please do NOT post your issue here as this will only delay a response to you -- use the Contact Us link found at the bottom of the page.

For login issues:
Sometimes your browser's cookie file can become corrupt and it can be helpful to delete it and restart your browser. More information on how to do this can be found here. Please give us a detailed description of your issue. If you can't login, a step-by-step account of what you do to login is crucial. On what forum or page are you logging in? Where is the link on the page that you are using? What error message do you receive? Can you login on any other pages or is it just in one specific area?

For member profile page issues:
Are you missing profile information? Have you checked to make sure that all fields are complete? If you are posting to any of the exchanges, you must have a valid zip code, state and country listed, otherwise it will not allow you to post. If you receive an error message, please cut and paste the entire message into your email. If you are trying to change your email address and it will not allow you to do so, make sure you include both your old and new email address in your email and your membername.

We truly appreciate your support and patience. Once again, please do not respond to this post, but email us directly.

With best regards,

Tamara Amey
GardenWeb Community Manager

Here is a link that might be useful: Contact Us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Login and Profile Issues

Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of updates as we are still working to resolve the login and profile problems.

Besides those mentioned in the post above, some other known issues:

Some of the links to login are not working properly and will cause a page error when you try to sign in. If this happens, use the login link found at the very top of the page. It is located in the green bar next to the GardenWeb logo and says, 'Log in'. You can also log in using this url - http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/login.htm

Some of the zones that appear next to your membername contain symbols and odd characters. If you type in your zone manually, it will display correctly. This should be fixed soon.

Once again, if you are experiencing issues, PLEASE do not post to this thread. You will receive much quicker assistance if you use the 'Contact Us' link or email me directly. Remember -- the more detailed information you can provide to me will be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Contact Us

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Suggestions? Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here