Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Zombie" blades of grass in my Marathon II sod (image attached)

Posted by BuckN CA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 0:08

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed these light-green colored blades of grass sprouting up in various places throughout my Marathon II covered lawn. Whereas 95% of the yard is lush and dark, I have about 4 small areas of "zombie grass" (I used the word "zombie" because it's looks like a grass/weed experiment gone wrong, not to mention its color is almost a neon green). I am not sure if they are weeds, hybrid grass, etc.. I've removed the zombie grass in some places and reseeded, but another patch will appear elsewhere sometime later.

Can anyone tell me 1) what it is...and 2) how do I prevent/remove it permanently?

Any and all insight and help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Zombie" blades of grass in my Marathon II sod (image attache

I get this all the time. SOmeone told me it is crabgrass. Not sure. It has shallow roots and I just pull it out.

o
RE: "Zombie" blades of grass in my Marathon II sod (image attache

It's brought in by birds - pooping the seeds - so it will be a never-ending problem.

Just pull it when you see it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here