Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leaningoakranch

electronic soil meter/analyzer

leaningoakranch
17 years ago

Do these things really work? I have seen these things online for awhile now. I am fairly new to gardening and have recently used the test kits with the little flask things that you shake with dirt in them to find out your ph and available nutrients. I also sent my soil into the local extension office and had a basic free test done. The results from the lab were pretty much on par with the little tube test, albeit slightly more detailed. I tried soil samples in several locations of my property for each of those and results were almost identical.

I thought that purchasing one of the electronic 3-in-1 units would be more cost efficient and no waiting for results versus the two methods I previously mentioned, and it would allow me to monitor my soils characteristics each and every day if I so desired, or while I am adding amendments to my soil as needed. Can I get opinions from other people who have owned these and let me know if they are worth the money, or just a waste of it? I would be getting a ferry-morse or rapitest model. I would consider others as well if anyone has suggestions.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert