Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Mexican BOP I grew from seed

Posted by upshotphx none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 11:32

I have a mexican BOP that I grew from seed 2.5 years ago, and it seems to be unusual. The first couple of leaves it grew were the typical bipinnate mexican BOP leaves. the rest of the plant however has not had those leaves. it doesn't really seem to have leaves. From the branches, it grows out leaf-like extensions that curl-up and brown right at the tip. the plant is otherwise healthy and grows great. I included a picture of the leaf-tips. It is almost 7 feet tall right now. Anybody have experience with this? Is this a juvenile form, or is something wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Mexican BOP I grew from seed

Strange ... are you sure it's a BOP?

It looks a lot like a young shoestring acacia

o
RE: Help with Mexican BOP I grew from seed

No I'm not 100% sure it's a BOP... I was like 99% sure though. I picked some pods off of a BOP near my work, but I also had a bunch of other seeds in my truck.... It DOES look a lot like a shoestring acacia.... to be honest, it probably is... well thanks for solving that 3 year-old mystery... Now I have to figure out what to do with it... it's not really somewhere I can have a tree like that.... thank you very very much :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here