Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lee123_gw

Various questions

lee123
18 years ago

Hi guys,

I just moved from Glasgow, Scotland to Santa Fe, NM. I just purchased my (first) home and am starting to think about how to take care of the garden. Would this be an appropriate forum to e.g. post photos of plants, trees to ask what they are, how they should be cared for, etc? I think most of the garden is on a drip, sprinkler system - my neighbor suggested waiting until later in April to turn it on though. Should I still be watering the trees, plants or are they drought-tolerent enough to wait a few more weeks. The home is in a relatively new neighborhood (Rancho Viejo) - I believe that all of the plants, trees, landscaping is influence/guided by this whole xeriscaping thing.

Before moving in to our new house, it was unoccupied for some months. There garden is pretty much all grass except for some slate, the patio, and wood chip/bark areas with plants in there. The trees look fine. The bushy plants are all dried out. The grass is brown, patchy and in need of a trim.

Can anyone recommend a good book - maybe something specific to gardening in Santa Fe, or perhaps in Northern New Mexico. My parents had a lovely, bright & colorful garden back in Scotland. The only thing I did was water the plants and cut the grass. Apart from that, I'm pretty useless with green things. I searched Google for "Garden Care in Santa Fe for Dummies, Scottish, Green-thumbed, Inexperienced or Otherwise', but couldn't find it...

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers,

Lee

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES