Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loganlady

Getting a state of Nevada gardening site here

loganlady
18 years ago

Anyone interested in having GardenWeb give us people who live in Nevada our own gardening site?? I have tried to ask them to do this but get no answers. Who decides what state gets a site or not? Any help would be great.

Comments (11)

• dirt_dew
    18 years ago

Beca
    You need to post your request on the "Suggestions forum" and get enough others in Nevada to show a LOT of support in posting there.
    Good luck!!!
    Happy gardening!

• jason_reno
    17 years ago

You'll need two. One for northern Nevada and one for southern Nevada. And maybe a third for people who say "nevahda".

• dirt_dew
    17 years ago

Jason_reno
    You need a coalition of ALL gardeners in ALL of Nevada to get enough support to have a Nevada forum. If you get a Nevada gardening forum, you post a thread for the Reno area or Las Vegas, Northern Nevada, Southern Nevada or just post a thread in general.

Beca
    The decision will be made AFTER you and MANY others in Nevada go to the "Suggestions and comments" forum and show a strong and CONTINUED interest. Post a thread there with your feelings and ask others to post follow-ups to show their support.
    Hope this helps

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the information!! I will do just that and see what happens. I understand that northern Nevada gardening is different then southern Nevada. Are there any other people from Nevada who want their own gardening state site? Go the the Suggestion Forum and add your voice and comments and then let's see what happens?

Beca

• paalexan
    17 years ago

Why not just discuss Nevada-related stuff here?

When the whole of the southwest gets only a couple posts a day, I have a hard time imagining Nevada will get anything more than a measly trickle...

Patrick Alexande

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Time will tell what happens Patrick.

Personally I think every state should have it's own site. It just makes sense.

Hey Jason_reno can you go to the Suggestions & Comments forum post on getting a Nevada site, will ya? Help me out!! Come on...:):)

• ljrmiller
    17 years ago

If there IS ever a Nevada site, I'd like to submit the following for an FAQ:

1) No matter what you have read, no matter what someone told you, no matter who that someone was, it won't apply to YOUR garden.

2) Forget everything you know about gardening and start over. Plants that shouldn't grow here will thrive. Plants that should grow well here will wither and die. It will snow in July. You will have warm weather in January. It will be 80 degrees the day before it snows in July. Except if Nevada weather does its usual unpredictable thing and then none of the above will happen as I specified.

3) If you aren't crazy from gardening in Nevada, you soon will be.

Lisa

• dirt_dew
    17 years ago

Beca is asking for support from gardeners in Nevada.

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I really had to laugh about the post by Lisa. You are soo right when it comes to planting here in Nevada. This place is so different then most places but you can grow alot of plants you never thought would make it through the heat here. If it does make it through the hot summers and grueling winds-will it live through the cold winter? It makes gardening interesting and not boring.

• vegasrenie
    17 years ago

Hahaha! Reading any instructions on plants that say "plant in full sun" means partial sun here! There is no full sun like Vegas full sun! Found *that* out the hard way!

• ljrmiller
    17 years ago

Sure enough, it SNOWED, even here in the valley (Sparks) on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. It snowed lots more in the mountains, and for longer. You don't have to be crazy to garden here. The weather will do it for you.

Lisa