Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tortoise_2007

anyone know name of cactus?

tortoise_2007
16 years ago

I don't have photo but will try to describe. The cactus plant has a long green base, three sides to it, had no real spikes if any were soft never got sharp or prickly. Fast grower (no flowers). It sprouts small leaf like things on the sides which turn into small arms growing upward. These you can snap off to start new plants.

Several years ago in Georgia someone had one in large pot indoors under sky light and it grow almost to the ceiling. I was given a small shoots/arms and started several plants in pots, kept in GA outdoors, which grew maybe a foot tall. I moved to Phoenix and had it in my patio for 2yrs. When I moved to Bullhead City (zone 13)hot dry lower desert my cacti kept on patio shriveled and died. Probably too hot. Now, I've looked everwhere for past 4 yrs and cannot find this exact plant. Seen similar ones but that grow thicker with sharp ugly dangrous spikes. I'd like to try finding this plant to grow indoors this time. But don't know the name. Anyone have a clue what this cacti might be? Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner