Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Australian Tea Tree

Posted by shortreach 10 (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 15:33

I am having difficulty sustaining the Australian Tea species including v. 'Ruby Glow'. I have been told to plant in the full Sun or in the alternative in partial Sun. I have been told to keep the Tea Tree very dry with fast draining soil with sand and gravel added, conversely I have been told never to let the plant dry but to keep it moist and use mulch. In light of the conflicting guidance I have received, does anyone have advice about sustaining the Australian Tea Tree especially v.'Ruby Glow' My soil is neutral and is silty but with a significant amount of incorporated organic matter and drains well. It also successfully sustains a variety of other plants in my garden. I am a reasonably experienced gardner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Australian Tea Tree

Leptospermum scoparium 'Ruby Glow' is a native of New Zealand. Australian Tea Tree is Leptospermum laevigatum Maybe that accounts for the conflicting info you are finding? Or did I just add to the confusion? :-)

Lots of info at the link below, especially for the Care and Maintenance of your Ruby Glow.

Rosie

Here is a link that might be useful: Leptospermum scoparium 'Ruby Glow'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here