Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Cactus grown in Southwestern USA.

Posted by farmerted361 6a W Seneca NY (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 18, 05 at 8:49

Does anyone know of a Nursery in NM, TX, or CA. I have some info on AZ, but alas without web site info. In the mean time if anyone has any surplus they'd like to get rid of, I'm more then interested. I'm mainly am interested in Echinocereus Hedgehog cactus.

Thanks, farmerted361

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Cactus grown in Southwestern USA.

try Mesa Gardens--they are in New Mexico. I don't remember the website, but if you put "Mesa Gardens" into Google it comes up. They are in Rufina, NM, I believe.

Also, High Country Gardens (and their retail center--different name that I promptly forgot) is in New Mexico, and they carry several cactus varieties.

o

See http://www.highcountrygardens.com/ . It's based in Santa Fe, NM. They have a few kinds of hedgehogs (claret cup, fendler's).

o

Yes, there is a great nursery in Truth or Consequences, NM. There is a huge selection and they do have a lot of exotic, indoor stuff but some outdoor cacti also. It's a fun place to visit if you are in the area just off I-25. It's called the Exotic Cactus Ranch. See the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Exotic Cactus Ranch

o

Yes! I've been to that one in T or C. Great place. I didn't know they had a web site.

o

I wouldn't call it a website, just a page. I guess you have to call them because they do say they will ship. Neat place to visit though.

o

The Exotic Cactus Ranch in T or C is awesome. It's definitely one of the best places to buy cactus in NM. Wish I could go now!

o

Check out the Cactus and Succulent Plant Mall for a list of cactus nurseries in the USA. My personal favorites are in Tucson, the "cactus Mecca".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here