Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andremedia_gw

New Sod Getting Yellow and Growing Mushrooms

andremedia
10 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to get some of your input on why this would be happening. I had my sod (marathon III by southland farms) installed mid May this year and was watering the lawn for 20 minutes a day for 3 times a day for the first week and then slowly started decreasing it to about 10 minutes a day every day and now i am watering it 15 minutes every other day as recommended by the farm that grows the sod. I used the marathon III fertilizer last week which would have been 30 days after installation. In the beginning my grass was really dark green color as it should be and then slowly started getting yellow, now the overall color of it when you look at it from across the street is green but when you get close to it and look from top it has lots of dead strands of grass in between the normal green ones. I also have a few different mushrooms growing here and there, the cap on some are really smooth and i saw a few a minute ago that had a sponge like look. Also walking over the grass you see a bunch of fruit fly type bugs all over the place which makes me think that something has gone very wrong with the beautiful grass that i laid out only a month ago. Please help, i have put a lot of time and money on this grass and i cant afford to lose it. I need some way to make it healthy again and bring it back to its dark green color.

Thank you all in Advance,
Andranik

Comments (2)

Sponsored