Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Sod Getting Yellow and Growing Mushrooms

Posted by andremedia CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 11:47

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to get some of your input on why this would be happening. I had my sod (marathon III by southland farms) installed mid May this year and was watering the lawn for 20 minutes a day for 3 times a day for the first week and then slowly started decreasing it to about 10 minutes a day every day and now i am watering it 15 minutes every other day as recommended by the farm that grows the sod. I used the marathon III fertilizer last week which would have been 30 days after installation. In the beginning my grass was really dark green color as it should be and then slowly started getting yellow, now the overall color of it when you look at it from across the street is green but when you get close to it and look from top it has lots of dead strands of grass in between the normal green ones. I also have a few different mushrooms growing here and there, the cap on some are really smooth and i saw a few a minute ago that had a sponge like look. Also walking over the grass you see a bunch of fruit fly type bugs all over the place which makes me think that something has gone very wrong with the beautiful grass that i laid out only a month ago. Please help, i have put a lot of time and money on this grass and i cant afford to lose it. I need some way to make it healthy again and bring it back to its dark green color.

Thank you all in Advance,
Andranik

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Sod Getting Yellow and Growing Mushrooms

Here is an image of what the fungus like growth looks like, at a closer look it seems to have attached itself to the individual strands of grass and doesnt have anything attached to the soil. Please Help!!!

o
RE: New Sod Getting Yellow and Growing Mushrooms

Here is an image of what the fungus like growth looks like, at a closer look it seems to have attached itself to the individual strands of grass and doesnt have anything attached to the soil. Please Help!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here